More football

Lilywhite

Good season for you....:)

U'16's had a game tonight Culter derby, but unfortunately we lost 3-1...couldn't get them in the net...but given the weather sometimes it wasn't easy to see it! Last game of season on Saturday.

1010719_771317926219676_1670054779982177

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a fantastic illustration of the glamour of football! :D

We're at home to Witheridge tomorrow. I'm looking forward to the customary guard of honour from our opponents as the boys enter the field with the Cup. We may well take a bit of a beating afterwards though!

Yip...that's me....glamour on the sidelines..not. I go for being cosy and prepared for the weather. Although to be fair on leaving the house at 5.30 it was lovely and sunny, but the pitch they were playing at was down near the beach area and the haar was blowing in off the sea....was bizzar, liking going into another world...lol. 2 more games were being played and you could barely see the pitches next to us...lol.

Yikes.....disasterous day at the footie....U'16's....beaten/binned 2-12 :hide: ...ouchy. Glendale beaten 6-3......that is all... :lurker:

However 16's still have a chance of silverware if they end up in the bottom 4, which will be consolation cup, so if they are Andy wants them to go all out to win it.

Edited by Inver

Oof! 12-2 is a scoreline we've been on the wrong end of and it's not a great feeling! Still at least they have something to play for at this late stage. Wishing them luck!

We started slowly, going 2-0 down in the first 20 minutes of the worst rain I've seen for years. Then the sun came out and we won 3-2! :smile:

Not the most detailed match report ever, but it gives you the general overview of the game. :D

We've just beaten our local rivals 1-0 to complete the a treble in league and cup over them this season! :smile: Still finding it difficult to drag ourselves up from 9th though.

Ive just had to sit through another 90 minutes of watching Newcastle play absolute hopeless football, a manager who hasnt got a clue what hes doing, total reshuffle needed at Newcastle

I see the press are lining up to help with the axe to fall on Pardew now.

There won't be any footie news from here this weekend....Glendale and U'16's have no games...other teams on catch up with their fixtures. Both have one game each left to play before final placings in the leagues.

Enjoy your weekend.

We've got three league games left over the next five days, starting with a home game against 3rd placed Ivybridge Town this afternoon. We're on a nine game unbeaten run, so it would be nice to take it to the end of the season before next Sunday's Cup Final!

Thanks Inver. Both sets of defenders brought their clown shoes today, but we came out on top in a 5-3 win! 10 games unbeaten feels good! :smile:

Clown shoes were distributed to the whole team today as they managed a 4-4 draw against our relegation-struggling opponents. Our performance included a  beautiful back-pass to a 'keeper who wasn't there, resulting in our second own goal in two games.  Still, our unbeaten run remains intact and our opponents are staying up, so everybody's happy! :smile:

Bummed to watch Liverpool's title hopes evaporate in 11 minutes last night.  It's not over, (yet) but City will have to lose one of their games for Liverpool to win it now, and I can't see them doing that.

We finished our league season last night with a 2-2 draw to give us the best unbeaten run of the season. :D  If only it had been 3-3, we would have hit 100 league goals!

Good stuff though Sedge...100 would have been sooooo good though.

U'16's have their semi-final for a chance of silverware in a final this Saturday...admittedly it is only a consolation cup, but as Andy says, once you are in it (even if it is just consolation, which he has been I and they won)....you want to win it. ;)

Let's hope your U16s and our first team make it a Cup Double this weekend. Our opponents on Sunday are playing for the league title as I type. I wish them well today, but hope they tire themselves out!

Good news to report here today.....the semi-final of the Consolation cup for the U'16's today...

Result..... Culter Colts 5 - 2 Cove BCUnited....

:doowapstart:  Hoorah...chance of winning this. Our opponents will be the other Culter Boys teams...local derby. They have both won against each other...so all to play for. Just hoping it isn't next Saturday as Andy will be away to Celtic park for the Scottish Cup final St Johnstone (go the boys) v Dundee United.

Magic stuff Inver! Your boys deserve something for surviving this gruelling season - it takes character to keep turning out when things aren't going your way!

I'll do a deal - if they win their cup, we'll win ours. :smile:

Deal Sedge...we will have to wait patiently to find out when they will play it. Also Glendale still hanging on to see where they will finish...4th bottom at the moment...3 bottom go down!

So we're both enjoying nail-biting ends to the season. It's better than mid-table obscurity with nothing to play for though!  As long as your boys can stay up that is. :gl:

They have their last game of the season tomorrow against team that are 2nd bottom who are 6pts behind Glendale so hopefully they will pick up 3pts and be OK. The team that are lying 3pts behind Glendale still have the 3rd top team to play so would imagine they won't win that one, so hopefully safe by the laces of their boots...lol...as opposed to skin of their teeth...lol.

Oh and hopefully Andy is ok for next weekend as the Culter Derby final hasn't been announced for then. Think consolation cups are played midweek, or at least his was when he was in one.

Edited by Inver

We arrived at yesterday's game with a 6-man injury list, so could only play with one striker. Fortunately Plymouth were practically dead on their feet as well after 3 games in six days.

We edged the game for seventy minutes, but our lack of strike power meant we couldn't produce a goal.  Then the league champions hit us on the break to go one up.  This woke them up and they pushed forward in numbers, forcing our number 6 to give away a penalty and receive a red card.  2-0.  We pushed until the end, but couldn't quite do it. Still, we avoided the expected heavy defeat and walked away with the biggest runners-up trophy I've ever seen! :smile:

What's the news from your boys Inver?