More football

Lilywhite

Well that was a disaster for Newcastle yesterday.

it was a disaster. getting beat off our fiercest rivals (who only had 1point all season) was a disgrace. I wont be going back there until Ashley, Pardew and co are all gone!!!!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not blame you. Pardew, has he ever been a success?

well he got west ham to an fa cup final, (and lost) got us in 5th place and uefacup (very lucky) , he is clueless when it comes to tactics so i wont be sad to see him go. And now we have Mike Cashley trying to gag our local paper (Evening Chronicle) which has been a brilliant  paper, supporter & critic to our team for the last 100yrs or so which is anutha black mark against him to add to the load hes already got! Absolute shambles!

OMG...wet through to the skin this week watching footie today...U'16's cup game....2-2 HT but final 6-2 defeat. Andy & Glendale 4-1 defeat too....guess the weather kind of put a damper on things!

We played the champions on Friday in the hope that we've managed to close the quality gap, but somehow we managed to come out as 4-1 losers.  We've never beaten them in this league, but the day will come!

Well done to Newcastle - things are looking up!

Inver, I saw that Culter drew with Berwick yesterday - is that your area?

Yes Sedge it is....Culter Juniors not far from us....great result and get  a replay...fingers crossed. Andy nearly got a training session with them when at 17's level but it never materialised. The coach at the time was supposed to try and organise it. They sometimes used to train beside Crombie park where Culter play.

See that 4-1 result looms again...Andy beaten 4-1 too

So Andy and Glendale set off in a bus at 7.45 am this morning to head to Dumbarton for a Scottish Cup tie. I dropped him off at 7.30 yawn...get a text at 9am to say they had just had a call to say they game was postponed....nearly 3/4 of an hour after they had left (plus a fortune paid to hire a bus). Apparently the numptie guy had sent one of the coaches a 'text' at 7.30 to tell him, which he never got and then eventually phoned him as he never answered it! WTF...! Why would you just send a text to a team that has to spend about 4 hrs in a bus and not phone to speak to somebody. Supposedly waterlogged pitch....surely it must have been waterlogged last night if worse today....now having to replay it next week.

Plus side him and his other coach got to see U'16's play....maybe wished they hadn't...they had a local cup game too....(ouch defeat of 12-0). An A league team who are sitting 3rd top at the moment. Ah well.....roll on next week. Oh and the coach they brought on board a wee while ago, now leaving to go back to Manchester to a new job....back to square one to get another one on board. Hopefully someone Andy was doing summer footie with is interested in getting into coaching a boys club team.

Shame to Culter Juniors today, got their replay against Berwick but beaten 3-1.

Edited by Inver

Sounds like very poor administration to me.  We've had very heavy rain for the previous three days and our opponents were coming down from North Devon, so we requested a 9:30am pitch inspection.  Even though we were bathed in sunshine, the referee called the game off and we managed to get a hasty message to Witheridge so save them the same problem.

So it was off to see our Reserves play in a 6-1 victory, but even that couldn't stop them from dropping a place in the table - the team below managed an 11-1 win to overtake us on goal difference! :o

Hopefully next weekend will be more fruitful for Andy!

We've had a mixed weekend with a very useful 3-0 win yesterday followed by our manager's resignation!  He's quite a young chap and it looks like he was struggling with the pressure.  I hope we can find a replacement quickly!

Oh dear...hope you get the management situation sorted out quickly Sedge....good win for you.

The sun and the results were shining yesterday. Andy & Glendale managed to get to their Scottish Cup tie played yesterday without any call off on route...came back happy 2-1 victory and in to the next round...woop. He missed a pen apparently but made up from it scoring for a corner.

His dad ended up taking the U'16's team yesterday with a bit of help from couple of others as the young guy they drafted in to take the games and help has left and moved back south...didn't last long. However, they played well and managed a 2-1 victory too...obviously the weekend of 2-1 wins. They almost kept a clean sheet, but let in a goal couple of minutes from FT whistle.

Conditions were ideal, more like a late summer day as it was quite warm !!! It is November isn't it.

Andy managed to get to U'16's game today (plus the new guy Chris who is hoping to help out). Came back twice to get a 2-2 draw and pick up another point. Played really well and the young coach seems to know his game and suggesting things along with Andy. Sitting about mid table at the moment...not a lot separating some of the teams... :smile:

St Austell drew 2-2 yesterday in a game which was low in quality but high in entertainment.  3 yellow cards in the first 30 seconds!  Not a bad point for our managerless side, but the new manager has been announced this morning.  His first match will be on Saturday against the title favourites!

I'll be watching out for their result!

We're heading into the unknown today with our new manager against the league's best team.  He's already made 2 good attacking signings, so we'll see what happens!

St Austell went down 4-2 yesterday, but it was one of our best performances for a few weeks with 2 goals from our debutant striker.  Thankfully we don't have to play Plymouth Parkway again this season, but everybody else does!

How did the new manager settle in? Andy and Glendale had a Scottish cup round on Saturday, but they were binned 5-1 s that is them out. U'16's no game due to lack of referee, who was called up for a Scottish cup game and that takes priority. They were given the option that if both sides agreed to ref a half each it could go ahead, but we decided against it as nobody really available to do that. Away from home this weekend, weather permitting, meant to turn a tad chilly again I think.

How is  your weather down by Sedge.

I think our new manager needs to pace himself.  He got a bit over-excited at a couple of decisions he didn't agree with and ended up in the opposition technical area.  Never mind, I'm sure he'll calm down soon!  We've got a lower league side in the Cornwall Senior Cup on Saturday.  This cup is our best chance of silverware.  Bodmin Town have won it for the last 4 years. The last team other than Bodmin to lift the trophy was....................St Austell!

The weather is pretty mild down here at the moment, but the temperature is very gradually decreasing.

Edited by Sedge