What Are You Watching Now? - 2015

Athena

Do you mean like when I was reading the non-fiction book about bodies and laughing my ass off? :D

Nah, that was just a funny book. :D

Yeah I might be more accustomed to all things creepy and freaky. You'll get to my level soon  :empathy:   :D

Nooo! I don't want to! :( I want to believe that fairies and unicorns are real, and that no bad things exist in the world.

Haha, Dexter for de-stressing sounds like a comical idea. I've only seen the first two seasons, the third started here in Finland when I was living with you and that's why I missed it :( I want and need re-runs!!!

Oh, so it's my fault, I guess? :P

The Following also has a literary aspect to it! The main serial killer was originally a professor who was obsessed with Edgar Allan Poe. His followers occasionally wear Poe masks and quote his poetry/stories.

And now, thanks to you, I've started watching the second season.

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying to watch a new show with Will Forte (Saturday Night Live) called The Last Man on Earth.  It's a post apocalyptic comedy.  And its pretty funny.  But in a strange way, a Will Forte- Andy Samberg- Bill Hader- way.

I'm watching HBO's six-part documentary on Robert Durst, called The Jinx - The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst. It's really interesting, and one for true crime fans. Millionaire Durst allegedly murdered his first wife, his friend and a neighbour. He admitted to the last one and stood trial, but he was found not guilty (self-defence), even though he also confessed to chopping up the body and dumping it in plastic bags in a river. :o The documentary has interviews (past and recent) with friends, family, investigators and Durst himself.

Interestingly, just a few hours before the last episode went to air in the US, he was arrested for the murder of his friend. The great thing is, the documentary-makers are responsible for his arrest! While interviewing Durst for the documentary, his microphone picked up him whispering 'What the hell did I do? Killed them all, of course'. :o I haven't gotten to that particular part yet, but I've already seen part of an interview in which the interviewers leave him sitting alone while they go off for a break, and Durst starts whispering to himself (nothing too incriminating). His lawyer appears shortly afterwards and warns him that his mike is still on and is picking up everything he's saying. It seems like he forgot that advice a bit later on though!

Here's a NYT article that summarises the case. It's really interesting; highly recommended!

I'm watching The Big Bang Theory. It's the first episode where Penny has shorter hair. The most hair raising, oooooooh-moment just happened :D

Sheldon wanted  to speak to Leonard in private and so Amy had to put her fingers in her ears. And then Sheldon said he wanted to have coitus with Amy. At first I thought whoooaaah! He's missed her! But he was only testing to see if Amy could hear him :D He fooled me!!!! :lol: 

I'm watching HBO's six-part documentary on Robert Durst, called The Jinx - The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst. It's really interesting, and one for true crime fans. Millionaire Durst allegedly murdered his first wife, his friend and a neighbour. He admitted to the last one and stood trial, but he was found not guilty (self-defence), even though he also confessed to chopping up the body and dumping it in plastic bags in a river. :o The documentary has interviews (past and recent) with friends, family, investigators and Durst himself.

Interestingly, just a few hours before the last episode went to air in the US, he was arrested for the murder of his friend. The great thing is, the documentary-makers are responsible for his arrest! While interviewing Durst for the documentary, his microphone picked up him whispering 'What the hell did I do? Killed them all, of course'. :o I haven't gotten to that particular part yet, but I've already seen part of an interview in which the interviewers leave him sitting alone while they go off for a break, and Durst starts whispering to himself (nothing too incriminating). His lawyer appears shortly afterwards and warns him that his mike is still on and is picking up everything he's saying. It seems like he forgot that advice a bit later on though!

Here's a NYT article that summarises the case. It's really interesting; highly recommended!

Hah, they picked him up, here, in New Orleans at the Marriott downtown.  I think NOPD is holding  him on a gun charge and maybe narcotics as well. 

I hope he is finally nailed for those murders!  :eek:

We're watching the series Blue Bloods

The third episode of 12 Monkeys.  All Cole's jumping backward in forward in time, I keep thinking 'well if you did that and you're still here then it obviously worked' or' 'if you did that and it didn't work then you shouldn't exist!' - it's like the show contains its own spoilers because he's still alive :lol:

The third episode of 12 Monkeys.  All Cole's jumping backward in forward in time, I keep thinking 'well if you did that and you're still here then it obviously worked' or' 'if you did that and it didn't work then you shouldn't exist!' - it's like the show contains its own spoilers because he's still alive :lol:

This sounds similar to the film 12 Monkeys, does it follow the same story or are there many differences? I watched the film for the first time yesterday and I liked it.

The first season of Ballykissangel. I actually have LOADS of dvds from the library and I can't wait to watch them all. There are two series that I can't start because the first seasons are still out; Outlander and Game of Thrones. I must be number 100 on the waiting list.