What Are You Watching Now? - 2015

Athena

Cricket World Cup … India v Pakistan

The CWC has been so heavily advertised here, but I can't find any games on! It looks like they're only going to show games that Australia is involved in. So annoying.  :censored:

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The CWC has been so heavily advertised here, but I can't find any games on! It looks like they're only going to show games that Australia is involved in. So annoying.  :censored:

That's ridiculous!  Admittedly, most of them over here are on in the middle of the night, but they're showing most games and if more than one on at a time, the others are on the red button … plus highlights, repeats and endless panel discussions :lol:

Lucky you! I was talking to a friend earlier who has Foxtel (cable TV or whatever you call it there) and she said the games are being shown there. So I guess 'free to air' TV is only showing the Australian games, and probably the semis etc.

I know!!

I was really anxious for you to watch on and to see that they ended up together :wub: They are my favorite couple in the history of TV show :wub: They are just made for each other. 

I was also sad to see Dwight and Angela break up :( (Were you surprised when they hooked up?? :D) Like you said, no one can blame her, although in a way I see Dwight thought he was doing the right thing, putting the cat out of its misery. But he should've made Angela do it herself and not do it behind her back. But they were great together, and I was sad when it ended :(

I can see why Jim and Pam are your favourite TV couple....they are just so normal with no drama!

I was very surprised about Dwight and Angela, but once it was revealed I loved the secret little smiles they gave each other. I've just watched the episode where she is licking her cats..... :rolol: . There are so many funny things about this show. The episode where Dwight did the fire-drill that all went horribly wrong, was so funny.....then when they had the first-aid training, and he pulled the face off the dummy and stuck it over his face (like in The Silence of the Lambs)....had me in stitches. I had to re-wind it a few times. :D

Oh and I hope Michael and Holly get back together (she has just been sent to Nashua and is dating a salesman up there)!

I thought it was quite good. After all, they can't be killing off major characters every week just to satisfy certain viewers' bloodlust. ;) I liked seeing the mundanity of their everyday existence and the interactions between different characters. I got a good feel for the headspace each character is in. :)

I just finished watching the latest episode of How to Get Away with Murder. Great show. I think I've said this before, but it reminds me a little of Donna Tartt's The Secret History.

Lucky you! I was talking to a friend earlier who has Foxtel (cable TV or whatever you call it there) and she said the games are being shown there. So I guess 'free to air' TV is only showing the Australian games, and probably the semis etc.

Actually, it's on Sky Sports over here, which is a subscription satellite channel, so it's not available to everyone, and also explains why they can dedicate so much time to it.  They've actually renamed the channel to Sky Sports World Cup for the duration of the competition.

I can see why Jim and Pam are your favourite TV couple....they are just so normal with no drama!

I was very surprised about Dwight and Angela, but once it was revealed I loved the secret little smiles they gave each other. I've just watched the episode where she is licking her cats..... . There are so many funny things about this show. The episode where Dwight did the fire-drill that all went horribly wrong, was so funny.....then when they had the first-aid training, and he pulled the face off the dummy and stuck it over his face (like in The Silence of the Lambs)....had me in stitches. I had to re-wind it a few times.

Oh and I hope Michael and Holly get back together (she has just been sent to Nashua and is dating a salesman up there)!

Yep, Jim and Pam are so normal with  no drama. They are the only normal ones at the office :D And I love it how considerate Jim is, and how they have their own little things, their own inside jokes... I love them :wub:

Yep, all the secrecy between Dwight and Angela was hilarious. So you're up to season 5 already? I was sooooo looking forward to you meeting Holly! I think she and Michael are amazing :wub: I was absolutely devastated when she moved away :(  It broke my heart.

The first-aid training with Dwight with the dummy's face was epic :D So scary looking and so hilarious :D

Oh and I loved the cruise episode! Jim guessing how long it would take Michael to say he's the king of the world... And Dwight with his speech, which they ended up actually loving?!? :lol: Not what Jim had planned...  And how Michael kisses Oscar just to show him that he's not a homophobe... It was so uncomfortable :D I read somewhere that that scene was actually improvised and so the others didn't know what was coming up and you can see their real reactions to it :D And Prison Mike! :D Oh my god I love the show!! [not all of this happened in the cruise episode, just the 'King of the world' thing]

Edited by frankie

The Flash 1x11

Arrow 3x11

Supernatural 9x05 - 'Dog Dean Afternoon'.  Oh that was funny :lol:  A dog is the only witness to a murder so Dean uses a spell to be able to talk to the dog . . .  

leading to . . .

:giggle2:

Wolf Hall Pt 5 .. Henry's getting tetchy  :hide: Only 1 episode left :( I will miss it but there was a trailer for Poldark which looks quite decent. Where is Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell? .. that's what I want to know. 

Well, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell is part produced by BBC America and their website says it "will premiere on BBC AMERICA in 2015" and we have to have it before them, so hopefully it will be sooner rather than later.

The Flash 1x11

Arrow 3x11

Supernatural 9x05 - 'Dog Dean Afternoon'.  Oh that was funny :lol:  A dog is the only witness to a murder so Dean uses a spell to be able to talk to the dog . . .  

leading to . . .

:giggle2:

I thought that episode was pretty terrible.

Watched the latest ep of Supernatural. It was okay. 3.5 week wait til the next one. Really hope something starts happening soon, they've really done nothing in the last two seasons.