What Are You Watching Now? - 2015

Athena

Also watched The Last Days of Anne Boleyn yesterday which was also interesting. Hilary Mantel was on it giving her opinion .. as was Alison Weir. Lots of historians as well (including David again) .. mostly disagreeing with each other :D  The outcome being .. we don't know anything .. for sure. 

I saw that a while ago, thought it was very good.  I thought they should've got Mantel and Weir in the same room so they could have a fight  :giggle2:   I did find myself agreeing with everything Susannah Lipscomb said, though - no idea why . . .   :wub:  :blush2:  :giggle2:

Started watching Supernatural again (it's all Noll's fault . . . ), up to ep 9x04.  "Ding dong, bitches"  :giggle2:

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finished watching the return of The Walking Dead. I should not have watched it while eating dinner. *feels queasy*. Also,  :cray:.

Now I'm watching the first episode of Better Call Saul. Been hanging out for this!

Next up will be the newest episode of Girls. Love this show! Monday is an excellent day for new episodes. :D

I saw that a while ago, thought it was very good.  I thought they should've got Mantel and Weir in the same room so they could have a fight  :giggle2:   I did find myself agreeing with everything Susannah Lipscomb said, though - no idea why . . .   :wub:  :blush2:  :giggle2:

Did you? .. did you really?  :rolleyes:  :D

I thought it was a bit ridiculous for the viewer actually .. all those historians/writers disagreeing with one another .. it didn't help one to get a clear picture and if they are going to dispute .. then yes ..as you say .. get them in the same room :D I'd like David Starkey to just shut up!!  :D

I did enjoy it though for all that. 

It's still baffling as to why Mark Smeaton confessed and never withdrew it? We'll never know .. how frustrating.   

The price finally lessened by about 40% on the Swedish Wallander Season 3!!  Yays!!  We've been watching, and it is absolutely terrific.  Krister Henriksson  is absolutely on target and accurate as the troubled Kurt Wallander. 

We have also recently re-watched some of the UK Wallander with Kenneth Branagh, and while they are well done I don't find Branagh's Wallander as compelling, or accurate to the novel Kurt Wallander.  I think at least one of the main differences is that Branagh emotes, he fails to be as stoic as Wallander is in the novels.

Did you? .. did you really?  :rolleyes:  :D  

Suzie to her friends.  Which doesn't include me, obviously :(  :giggle2:

The Walking Dead - some brilliant direction in that episode, I thought . . .

Particularly the shot of Rick on the walkie-talkie with Michonne wandering around in the background lopping off zombie heads :giggle2: 

The price finally lessened by about 40% on the Swedish Wallander Season 3!!  Yays!!  We've been watching, and it is absolutely terrific.  Krister Henriksson  is absolutely on target and accurate as the troubled Kurt Wallander. 

We have also recently re-watched some of the UK Wallander with Kenneth Branagh, and while they are well done I don't find Branagh's Wallander as compelling, or accurate to the novel Kurt Wallander.  I think at least one of the main differences is that Branagh emotes, he fails to be as stoic as Wallander is in the novels.

I didn't know there were two different shows of it, I might have to look into it if I like the books I have of the series (I haven't read any yet).

We watched the last episode of season 4 of Futurama yesterday. It was enjoyable :). Next we might try to go back to Smallville, as we stopped watching it in the beginning of season 3. My boyfriend has seen them all, but I haven't yet (though we have the box set).

The Walking Dead - some brilliant direction in that episode, I thought . . .

Particularly the shot of Rick on the walkie-talkie with Michonne wandering around in the background lopping off zombie heads :giggle2: 

Yeah, I love how they're always so casual about it! :D

I also liked it when Tyreese went to the front door of a house, and as he was looking inside, you could see Noah reflected in a small shard of glass. I love how they pay attention to small details...And then afterwards, you find online articles with titles like '287,345 things you missed in The Walking Dead', and you realise how much you managed to miss, and it blows your mind. :D

One thing I haven't seen mentioned though...

Why were the bodies in the town cut in half? First they found the legs, and then when Rick was driving away, he crashed into the truck, which opened up and spilled out all the top halves. What happened there? Did I miss something?

Yeah, I love how they're always so casual about it! :D

I also liked it when Tyreese went to the front door of a house, and as he was looking inside, you could see Noah reflected in a small shard of glass.

Ha, yeah I noticed that, it was a cleverly composed shot.  There were quite a few in that episode  :smile:

4th installment of Wolf Hall .. things are hotting up. Marvellous performances from Mark Rylance and, in particular, Anton Lesser. It moves along at a pace though .. we've reached Bring Up the Bodies now. I'm sad there's only two more to go.

^ They are planning to film the third book, when Mantel has finished it, that is.

It's very good, I've enjoyed it so far.

Just watched an old Horizon, on BBC4, about the history of the Space Shuttle.  I wish they were still flying, I miss following the missions.

Edited by Raven

^ They are planning to film the third book, when Mantel has finished it, that is.

It's very good, I've enjoyed it so far.

That's good news .. it makes sense to finish it (and I wish she'd hurry up :D) I thought this had lost ratings though .. glad to hear they're keeping faith with it.

Following the Horizon Space Shuttle program I watched earlier in the week, I found a copy of dramatized version of the investigation of the crash, The Challenger, on YouTube (it's not available on DVD and the BBC haven't shown it for an age). 

If you haven't seen it I can recommend it; William Hurt puts in a very good turn playing Richard Feynman.