What Are You Watching Now? - 2015

Athena

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We started to watch Game of Thrones season four. I'm liking it so far, it looks really good and the actors are doing a good job for the most part. Though I am slightly annoyed at a few things that they added or did differently than in the books (am I the only one that gets annoyed sometimes when a film or TV show does something differently than how it was in the book? Especially if what was in the book was better / nicer / more impressive / whatever than what the film / TV did.). I look forward to watch the rest of the season in the next while.

Re-watching Paul with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost (I mean that they're in the movie, not that I'm watching it with them. That would be too cool to ever happen to me. :()

That would be too cool for it to ever happen to them you mean!

Watched the first 6 episodes of House of Cards, and just loved it!

Also binge watched the first season of Outlander.  I'm really impressed that they've stuck so closely to the book.  The fairly minor changes they did make did not degrade the story a bit.  In fact, one of the changes was really excellent!

Have seen the first two seasons of Elementary.  We love it, the dynamic between Holmes and this Watson are delicious.

Also binge watched the first season of Outlander.  I'm really impressed that they've stuck so closely to the book.  The fairly minor changes they did make did not degrade the story a bit.  In fact, one of the changes was really excellent!

That's great to hear :)! I hope to read the book somewhere this year :D. I liked the TV show.

How is it that you can get Outlander and Elementary?

Amazon Prime streaming.  Loads of stuff comes free with Prime membership, although not those two particular ones. 

Although, we've also just subscribed to Netflix streaming only for the time being.  We might subscribe to the DVD portion later down the road.

We finished the House of Cards third season last night.  PHEW!! What an ending!  :o  :eek:

This is a show I really want to watch! How was it? 

Probably the most disturbing show I've ever watched. :o Dexter is a cute little kitten compared to these psychos. At least Dexter only went for people who deserved it. The body count is incredibly high. The Manson family have nothing on these people. It's just...insane. :o I binge-watched the first season and want to start on the second, but I think I should take a break from it to recover a bit.  :lurker:

Probably the most disturbing show I've ever watched. :o Dexter is a cute little kitten compared to these psychos. At least Dexter only went for people who deserved it. The body count is incredibly high. The Manson family have nothing on these people. It's just...insane. :o I binge-watched the first season and want to start on the second, but I think I should take a break from it to recover a bit.  :lurker:

Oooh, sounds great! Now I really want to watch it  :hissyfit:   :D (And that reminds me, I should really get a move on with the Dexter series!  :doh: )

Oooh, sounds great! Now I really want to watch it  :hissyfit:    :D (And that reminds me, I should really get a move on with the Dexter series!  :doh: )

You worry me sometimes. :P You've read a lot more crime books (fiction and true crime) than I have, so maybe you won't find it quite as disturbing as I do. But I can't think of any other show that has creeped me out as much (except American Horror Story, but that has supernatural elements, which aren't as disturbing as plain old psychotic humans).

Where did you get up to with Dexter? Maybe I should start re-watching episodes of Dexter in between episodes of The Following to help me de-stress ( :giggle:) and as a reminder that there are less crazy serial killers out there (and better policing—the FBI is not coming off particularly well in The Following).

You worry me sometimes. :P

Do you mean like when I was reading the non-fiction book about bodies and laughing my ass off? :D 

You've read a lot more crime books (fiction and true crime) than I have, so maybe you won't find it quite as disturbing as I do. But I can't think of any other show that has creeped me out as much (except American Horror Story, but that has supernatural elements, which aren't as disturbing as plain old psychotic humans).

Yeah I might be more accustomed to all things creepy and freaky. You'll get to my level soon  :empathy:  :D 

Where did you get up to with Dexter? Maybe I should start re-watching episodes of Dexter in between episodes of The Following to help me de-stress ( :giggle:) and as a reminder that there are less crazy serial killers out there (and better policing—the FBI is not coming off particularly well in The Following).

Haha, Dexter for de-stressing sounds like a comical idea. I've only seen the first two seasons, the third started here in Finland when I was living with you and that's why I missed it :( I want and need re-runs!!!