What Are You Watching Now? - 2015

Athena

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have three episodes on my planner.. Just waiting for Steve to go back to Iraq so I can enjoy them in peace.. It's impossible to lust over Klaus when your other half is in the room! :D

Very true … I tend to watch them when my other half has gone out too! :lol:

Ben-Hur. I much prefer to watch The Ten Commandments at Easter, but I guess the TV programmers got sick of scheduling that year after year. Oh well, one Chuck Heston biblical epic is just as good as the next, I guess! :)

Dr Quinn, Medicine Woman. I'm working my way through from the beginning and am up to the beginning of season 2. I never get sick of this show. Dr Mike is surely one of the greatest female characters to ever grace our screens. I love her fiery spirit and the way she constantly stands up to the racist and sexist townsfolk.

Dr Quinn, Medicine Woman. I'm working my way through from the beginning and am up to the beginning of season 2. I never get sick of this show. Dr Mike is surely one of the greatest female characters to ever grace our screens. I love her fiery spirit and the way she constantly stands up to the racist and sexist townsfolk.

I love Dr. Quinn!  :) 

We started to watch Angel Beats!, a Japanese anime TV series. My boyfriend has seen it before, I haven't though. I wasn't sure if I would like it, but we watched the first two episodes of the DVD and I like it so far :).

I'm watching Big Bang too, but it's the one where Sheldon promises to go to a family event with Amy, then drops out to join the others in a gaming marathon weekend. :lol:

Cool that they're still showing the show at the same time as over here :D Poor Amy. I don't know how she can deal with Sheldon most of the time. Or, any time :D 

I'm watching an episode of Hell's Kitchen, the cooking competition with the very sweary Gordon Ramsay. I hate that so many people think that competing with others means you must be a nasty person that back stabs and snarks at others. 

When it comes to Amy and Sheldon on Big Bang Theory, I am just annoyed that the writers are always making Amy try to change who Sheldon is. Like he's not good enough. Cause if he isn't, then she shouldn't be with him. I'd tell a guy to take a hike if he tried to change who I am to fit his needs and likes better.

I think if it had been a drama series, more people would reflect on this. But as it's a sit-com, it's just good fun. At least with Penny & Leonard, they are still the same characters. Penny doesn't want to make Leonard less geeky, even though she doesn't get his interests. She's perfectly happy being the only one in the group not understanding any science. Like Howard, refusing to doctor just because the others are making fun of his education.

BBT isn't as good season 8 as the first 5 seasons were. Still worth watching though. But not as funny as it used to be. 

There are more comedies than dramas I am currently watching. BBT, as mentioned above, Modern family, Family guy, re-watching Frasier and have Veep on my to-watch list. 

With dramas and crime etc, I am currently only watching Top of the lake and Castle (season 5). On a break with Mad Men, but will begin on season 4 sooner or later. And Homeland won't begin their new season until October. 

I stopped watching Revenge after season 3. That should have been the series finale. But they dragged it out for a 4th horrible dragged out season that is most likely the last. The ratings are so low that only an extremely obsessed network boss would give a 5th season the green light. I am glad I stopped at season 3 and only read recaps of season 4. 

Thinking of giving House of cards a shot.