What Are You Watching Now? - 2015

Athena

Loved it, except I was gutted that

Hank was killed.

The best moment was when

Hank found out that it was Walter White all along.

Then it was non stop action from there. :boogie:

I think this show is next on my watchlist, though I don't know anything about it.

I agree with both of your spoilers. :)

Orange is the New Black is basically about a women's prison and the characters there. I won't say anything else because it's best if you discover it all for yourself. It's really well acted and very entertaining. I hope you enjoy it!

I'm currently watching the latest episode of Masterchef Australia, and then I might get back into Game of Thrones.

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been rewatching some episodes from one of my favourite older TV shows: Kommissar Rex (I suppose the English name would be Inspector Rex, but the show is originally German / Austrian. In Dutch we call it Commissaris Rex.). I love Rex, the dog :wub:. I also quite like Moser.

I like Defiance.  It's not the greatest show ever, and it had some pretty dodgy episodes early on, but it steadily improves.  It's usually worth it to see Tony Curran chewing the scenery :D   FWIW, I thought season 2 was much better than season 1.

I've decided not to continue on with it. It didn't really grab me, and there are so many other shows I want to watch that it's not worth my time.

I'm catching up on Game of Thrones now. Up to episode 7.

I've decided not to continue on with it. It didn't really grab me, and there are so many other shows I want to watch that it's not worth my time.

Fair enough.  It's enjoyable but not particularly great.

We watched a one season, sort of mini series called The Assets.  It's the story of Aldrich Ames the American CIA agent that was a mole in the CIA for the Russians back in the 1980's.  It's based on the book by  the main agent that was finally able to nail him.  A woman, I might add, two women actually.  Absolutely nerve wracking and fascinating.

An explanatory link for who Ames was..... https://en.wikipedia.org/?title=Aldrich_Ames

And a link to the TV show.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Assets

We're also watching CSI: Miami and CSI: NYC.

Edited by pontalba

Finally got around to watching the season 2 two-parter finale of Agents of SHIELD, which was enjoyable.  Also watched a few more episodes of Ray Donovan season 2, and been catching up with the latest season of Episodes  :D

We finished the first season of Ghost in the Shell, it was quite good!

I have recieved the DVD of Death in Paradise series 4 in the post :exc:, so I hope to watch that soon. I think first we will re-watch the series 3 DVD, I've only seen those once before so it'll be good to see them again and refresh our minds as to where we left off in the story. The good thing about it is that I used a gift voucher for the DVD of series 4, so it didn't cost me anything :D.

We finished the first season of Ghost in the Shell, it was quite good!

It's such a good series, isn't it? :D Are you watching it in English, Dutch, or Japanese? I generally prefer watching anime series in Japanese with subs, but I've always watched Ghost in the Shell in English, for some reason.

I just watched an episode of Famil Guy. I might just be me, but I don't think that show is as funny as it used to be. :/

It's such a good series, isn't it? :D Are you watching it in English, Dutch, or Japanese? I generally prefer watching anime series in Japanese with subs, but I've always watched Ghost in the Shell in English, for some reason.

I just watched an episode of Famil Guy. I might just be me, but I don't think that show is as funny as it used to be. :/

English, the DVD doesn't have Dutch and even if it did, my boyfriend wouldn't understand it well enough as he's British and hasn't learned a lot of Dutch yet. We normally watch animes in English, with English subtitles as I can't be without the subtitles and he prefers the English audio. It is annoying though that some DVDs only allow you to select English subtitles if you have Japanese audio and not English, because my boyfriend prefers the English audio and I prefer the subtitles :doh:. But I enjoyed Ghost in the Shell a lot :).

I'm back into watching The Office (US Version).

Oooh, which season? Coincidentally they've started showing the 8th season over here, for the first time, and I've never seen these episodes before so it's a mad treat! :exc: One episode every day, Mon-Thu!! :exc: 

I'm watching the first couple of episodes of season 3 of Under the Dome. I think I mentioned recently that I never give up on TV shows...but that ends now. I feel like I'm watching a totally different show, and I have absolutely no idea what's going on! And it's not just me: there's a pretty amusing recap here. The author nails it. Part of his review reads:

'I haven't the foggiest about what actually happened in it. Are we even sure they showed the right episode? Was this a time-traveling episode from Season 13 that came from the future? There isn't a living human being who can properly explain what happened in these two hours, especially Stephen King, and anyone who claims they can is obviously a witch. If the creators of this show aren't in straitjackets by the time Episode 4 of this season airs then we need to call the police or just throw our hands in the air and jump off a cliff...Even before the episode started, it was painfully obvious that no one knew, nor did they care, about what's going on in this show and what happened in the previous two seasons'.

Sums it up perfectly. I'm pretty forgiving of TV shows, but these episodes may redefine the meaning of 'jumping the shark'. :o

Oooh, which season? Coincidentally they've started showing the 8th season over here, for the first time, and I've never seen these episodes before so it's a mad treat! :exc: One episode every day, Mon-Thu!! :exc:

I'm at the end of Season 7. It's good to be watching it again. :boogie:

I'm watching the first couple of episodes of season 3 of Under the Dome. I think I mentioned recently that I never give up on TV shows...but that ends now. I feel like I'm watching a totally different show, and I have absolutely no idea what's going on!

Yeah, I stopped watching that early on, as it was just dire. :doh: It inspired me to re-read the book, but that was about it.