More football

Lilywhite

Steady progress with a 1-0 win. Not spectacular, but we had similar results in 2009 when we won the cup!

I'm looking forward to the big floodlit game on Friday - some people are estimating a crowd of 800-1000! That might be a bit optimistic, but I think we can make somewhere around 500. :smile:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big game on Friday then or just big lights...lol. Ever hopefully we get some footie up here this weekend. Been a bit chilly and damp/wet/rainy, so you never know! Same fixtures as two weekends ago. Glendale have to get this cup game played obviously as this will be the 3rd attempt to get it played. U'14's away again, they were at home last week but called off, so back to the week before thats fixture...oh what fun...lol.

Just come back from a freezing evening at Poltair Park with a 3-1 defeat, but I'm happy! It was a great occasion, we didn't make fools of ourselves against the champions and we managed a crowd of 556 - an all-time record for the Premier Division! :D

Edited by Sedge

Ah well...cannae win them all Sedge but glad it was a good turnout and good play. Freezing up here too, doubtful tomorrow and Sunday big time....crunchy grass in the garden and clear starry night....why does it wait until the weekend. It has been reasonably ok all week. Andy shouting at the weather man.....lol.

The good weather has to return sometime Inver - I'll send you some of our sunshine!

Poltair Park can now get higher attendances than the Blue Square South - Truro City only managed 515 yesterday!

Don't want to shout too loud, but don't know if I want independence!

:D I imagine Mr Salmond is wishing he'd kept his trap shut! It's like when, in a fit of drunken bravado, you invite everyone in the pub round your house. Then to your horror, you realise everyone's going to take you up on that ...

Poltair Park can now get higher attendances than the Blue Square South - Truro City only managed 515 yesterday!

I could do a joke about people being reluctant to leave Staines, but I'll just point out that, with the best will in the world, the team next to bottom isn't going to be a great attraction at the best of times.

I could do a joke about people being reluctant to leave Staines, but I'll just point out that, with the best will in the world, the team next to bottom isn't going to be a great attraction at the best of times.

Still good to get one over on the City boys though. Just 4 years ago we were getting crowds of 15-20!

Nope.... :cold: but very cold and frosty....milder mid week and then I think it is back to more of the same for weekend....watch this space for weekend fixtures!

Here we go again!

Any luck with today's games Inver? It's a pretty barren footballing day down here - only 4 senior matches going ahead in the whole of Cornwall and we're not one of them. Yesterday's frozen pitches have thawed, but now we're inundated with liquid snow! :intherain:

All footie off....'again' :cold: Usual story, frozen pitch although tomorrows game is down to a waterlogged pitch! Good grief, will they ever these games played. Instead an afternoon of watching the rugby and eating scones....lol. :giggle2: At least we are warm.

I hope they give 'Arry a go. I'm glad Capello's gone. He should've been booted out after the World Cup debacle. I can only think of two games under him where we've played anything like good enough football, and both of those were against Croatia. I did like Roy Keane's comment, that Rooney should stop twittering about who he wants as next manager and concentrate on being a better footballer, because he contributed bugger all under Capello's management.

I did like Roy Keane's comment, that Rooney should stop twittering about who he wants as next manager and concentrate on being a better footballer, because he contributed bugger all under Capello's management.

I wish they'd all stop quoting on Twitter like we should bow down to their words of wisdom! :doh:

If that pillar of virtue, JT, had resigned his captaincy, none of this would probably have happened and although Capello didn't exactly set the England stage alight, at least there would have been stability up to the Euros. Now, goodness knows how they'll perform with all this turmoil.

I wish they'd all stop quoting on Twitter like we should bow down to their words of wisdom! :doh:

If that pillar of virtue, JT, had resigned his captaincy, none of this would probably have happened and although Capello didn't exactly set the England stage alight, at least there would have been stability up to the Euros. Now, goodness knows how they'll perform with all this turmoil.

To be honest, I couldn't see us doing well in the Euros regardless. Capello started to change his tactics briefly, then reverted to type. He's never had a plan B, to my mind.

Regarding Terry, Capello should never have reinstated him as captain after the Wayne Bridge fiasco in the first place, imo. But then it's not like the potential replacements - Ferdinand, Gerrard, Rooney, Cole etc - are pillars of virtue themselves. I personally don't think that a non-English manager can instill any sense of national pride in these vain, selfish, overpaid prima-donnas. Maybe someone like 'Arry can - and the first thing he should do, imo, is make Scotty Parker captain.

But then, as Lovesreading says, we'll probably end up with Mourinho, as he unsurprisingly seems to have made himself extremely unpopular are Real Madrid.

Prediction for this weekend's footie fixtures......off ....waterlogged pitches....lol. Been lots of rain and it is warming up, but because the ground has been so hard it will have gone soggy....you never know though I could be wrong....lol.

Footie played this weekend for Andy & Glendale....won their cup game....2-1, finally played.

U'14's won 11-1 yesterday, and now sitting 2nd in their wee league due to goal difference, with a game in hand over other teams.

Didn't manage to any of them though this weekend as I wasn't here, maybe why they won...lol :giggle2:

How did the mighty Austell do Sedge?