More football

Lilywhite

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like it could be a topsy-turvy season for both of us Inver! Still, it keeps things interesting.

The talk down here is all about Plymouth Argyle - they have until 5pm tomorrow to avoid going under. I always hate to see a club go to the wall, but a significant proportion of their support is Cornish. Maybe without them, all the Cornish Home Park fans will come back and support their own clubs. Best of luck to the Argyle anyway.

I'm workin on the theory win 2, lose 2, win 2.....so they should be up for a win today...:D

It is sad if a team goes under, hope it doesn't come to that. Pathetic week for Scottish SPL teams in Europe :lurker: ...we are poop.

Update.....boys just back from footie...we didn't go to watch today. Beat 2-0 away....ah well my theory didn't work then...lol. All the usual excuses, should have done this etc. open goals missed, trying to chip the keeper....blah blah blah...!

Edited by Inver

Don't worry, I'm sure they're just getting warmed up! We played out a 1-1 draw yesterday afternoon. Sounds more interesting than it actually was!

Still plenty of joyous Plymouth Argyle fans in the area after their last-minute rescue on Friday. Nobody has yet pointed out though that no buy-out package has been signed and no money has changed hands. The league hasn't yet agreed to authorise the deal though. And Argyle are bottom of the whole Football League. Makes me glad to be an Austell fan! :D

No midweek games this week for Andy & Co. and none on Saturday. Think half the team are away to Hampden to watch Sco v Czech so called a free weekend I think. Just his U'14's on Sunday and will be looking for a win hopefully.

Hope Andy enjoys his rest!

We're at home to Plymouth Parkway tomorrow. I'm usually quite optimistic, but I can't see anything other than a defeat. My prediction - 4-1 to Plymouth. :huh:

Edited by Sedge

I saw highlights of the Scotland game - unlucky!

We has more to smile about down here though. St Austell beat Plymouth Parkway 4-1! We were terrible in the first half, but when we kicked off the second half, we were like a new team!

Parkway had maximum points before yesterday and are one of the title favourites, so if we can play like that more often we may be in the championship mix towards the end of the season! :D

That was a great result then Sedge...you weren't overly confident of a win, nice to see your prediction of the score was in your favour.

Yeh the ref at Scotland game was dire. Def denied us a win but not giving us a clear pen. Said in paper today the guy admitted to one of our team that he took a dive!:irked:

Andy's U'14's were unlucky to only to get a draw of 2-2 today, he was hoping for a win (don't he always..lol). Another frustrating game and think they had the same ref Scotland had ! He was rubbish.

Don't worry Inver - the wins will come.

Good news last night - our league record has finally gone! In 2007 we lost 12-2 to Dobwalls. Yesterday Perranporth went down 12-1 against Newquay. Excellent! But not for Perranporth. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Kinda lost the plot with the footie, but Andy's lot are getting beat more than winning at the moment. U'14's doing better though, had a 12-1 away win the other weekend though. Due for a Scottish cup game last Saturday, but loads of games were called off due to soggy/unplayable pitches....here we go again. Rescheduled for this weekend....fingers crossed for the U'14's.

The postponement season is upon us, but we've got away with it so far!

Our season has been mixed - we were knocked out in the 1st round of the league cup on Saturday by a Division 1 club. Again.

Not much better here Sedge. Another defeat for Glendale & Andy yestereday.....5-2 ....again :blush: . His U'14's Culter Colts had their rescheduled Scottish Cup tie this morning, but wasn't too be, after a promising start and a HT of 1-1, they eventually were beaten 5-1 unfortunately. Played well, but Andy wants them to concentrate more on the league and getting promotion now.

It's always good to have a good cup season. It's disappointing to be knocked out, but really they're just a bit of a bonus - the league is where it counts and I'm sure the Under 14s will bounce back.

Austell managed a good 4-1 away win yesterday. Still our word of the season - Mixed.

Edited by Sedge

They're not going so well at present, are they? Have they gone up a division or something?

Yeh...Glendale went up a division two seasons ago. Managed to hold their own last year, just, but defence seems to be the problem this season...ho hum!

• 2 weeks later...

Okey dokey...last weekend Andy and the boys won 4-1....and he got to play up front set up two goals. We weren't there again....maybe we should stay away! Today they have another local cup game against a team called 'Highland Hotel'...hopefully with a name like that a potential win would be on the cards.

Hope you have another win today Sedge.

Oh and good luck Scotland tonight against Liechtenstein. Hoping Fletcher gets to play, be a good boost to team considering he wasn't even going to be there at one stage.

Good luck to Scotland tonight - a win against Liechtenstein followed by a shock result against Spain will see them through. And my predictions haven't been wrong for nearly a week!

St Austell lost 5-2 in our return match against Plymouth Parkway last week. We've got another return match this afternoon against Launceston, but we've just made a couple of big new signings. Time to be optimistic! :D

Thanks Sedge....and yes Fletchy gets a start. Good stuff. Shock result would be fantastic, but we need to win this tonight to be in with a shout and Czech get beat in next game if we get beat v Spain, to be in with a play off chance. Or at least that is what I think my son said...lol.

Disappointing result for you Sedge, hopefully the return game this afternoon had a winning result for you.

Andy & Glendale won their local cup tie today after a better second half and reap the rewards of a 4-3 victory, to go on to next round. No goals for him today but set up the first one and got to play up front yet again! He looks a lot happier up there have to say. Weather is getting colder too and a bit wet.....ah the joys of supporting footie on a Saturday afternoon in Scotland.....lol. :D

Yes a win of 1-0 for Scotland...better than nothing, as per normal we could have had heaps more, but goalie got in the way....oh yeah and they kept missing the target!

• 2 weeks later...

Ah well Scotland out then....no surprise there!

Andy and his lot had a 1-1 draw on Saturday, so happy enough with that. His U'14's didn't have a game though....half term up here.

Good for Andy - every point counts.

We had a weekend off as it was the 2nd round of the League Cup - we'll get past the 1st round one day!

We're at home to Penzance this Saturday. Unfortunately my boss is a Penzance fan, so hopefully we won't give them too much of a drubbing! :D

Good luck for a home win today Sedge.

Andy & Glendale have a second round local cup game today, away....they need to keep the ball on the ground today though, very blustery and a bit chilly. Pitch they are playing at is notorious for being windy, cold etc and it is very open....time to get the thermals out I think for standing on sidelines....:giggle2: