More football

Lilywhite

It was indeed shocking Karsa. I was only watching him on Football Focus yesterday. It's horrible to think that people can get to such a low point that this seems to be the only way out.

RIP Gary. :(

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was such a sad thing to happen....whatever happened between last night and this morning to want him to take his own life so tragically....his poor family and at this time of year!

Anyway on a lighter note Sedge.....two wins this weekend....cup game for Glendale and Andy, won 4-2 away from home and today in the freezing cold a win for U'14's 10-0 !!! He was well chuffed today, all he said to them at FT was well done guys we won, no off you go...lol.

Unfortunately Culter Juniors got beat 4-0 at the away replay against Partick Thistle...never mind was great they got that far.

Their opponents must be fast learners!

We too managed a 1-0 win, but we only just got away with it against lower division opposition! Too much of the last 10 minutes was spent in our own goal area. Never mind - you don't win a cup on goal difference! :D

We've been pretty much underwater for the last week, but we're hoping that our big Boxing Day derby will go ahead. It's a fixture we haven't won for 40 years, but as our rivals are at the bottom of the table, we'll never have a better chance!

• 3 weeks later...

No thermals required down here Inver - the temperature is still in double figures!

After the joy of beating our local rivals for the first time in 25 years on Boxing Day, we kick off 2012 this afternoon by travelling to meet the champions!

Great start to the New Year for Glendale, winning 3-0 and a clean sheet. Andy missed out on finding the net on a couple of occasions though. Here is hoping the can pick up a few more points in the coming weeks.

Awaiting your report Sedge!

So happy, my old home town Stevenage beat Reading 1:0 in the FA Cup! Strangely we are now closer to Reading but got to support the home town especially as my brother still goes to every game...

Chelsea v Portsmouth tomorrow, come on Chelsea!!!!!

We started the year with a 2-0 defeat, but as the predictions were in the region of 4 to 5-0, we weren't too disappointed. I'm looking forward to the return match at our place - last year we beat them 6-4 in a real barnstormer!

Well done to Glendale. It's not often a team can say that they've won every game of the year, so enjoy! :smile:

We're 10th out of 20 at the moment Roland (where we finished last season). I think that qualifies us as a solid mid-table side!

I think Truro shoud be OK this season - they'll just have to come to terms with not being promoted for a whole season! The travel must be horrible though. Our fellow Cornish sides always shy away from promotion as the Western League seems to start in Somerset! I think a higher league game against Willand Rovers (top of the Western League) would generate much less interest than a match against St Blazey (19th in the Peninsula League).

Cornish clubs need to take the leap, otherwise Cornwall will become completely isolated from the league pyramid.

Hope you can improve on your 10th position. No footie today for Andy.....called off for frozen pitch....-3 overnight apparently! Hopefully improve for U'14's tomorrow.

Sounds a bit chilly up there Inver - we've plummeted to an Arctic 7 degrees down here! Almost time to start wearing 2 t-shirts!

Yesterday we were absolutely annihilated by Elburton Villa. They ripped us to shreds throughout the entire match - our attack was almost non-existent and our defence was farcical. The final score was St Austell 1 Elburton Villa 0. I've yet to find anybody who can explain how that happened - if they decided to make another series of Strange But True (remember that?), then this could be the subject of their first episode! We've climbed to 9th now and have a top 8 finish in our sights.

I also got a first look at our new floodlights yesterday. After years of hard work by our committee, they're almost ready to go. On January 27th we have our first floodlit match against the champions, Buckland Athletic. Last year we beat them in a 6-4 blockbuster, so it should be quite an event!

Well done moving up a notch Sedge....when you said annihilate was scared to read on....lol. Absolutely no footie for Andy....U'14's game was called off last night.....frozen pitches and frost this morning too, so it didn't improve. He has just sat and watched footie all day today I think...lol.