More football

Lilywhite

Lol..good luck with the replay Sedge..look forward to the match report. Yeh it was a shame for Glendale Sedge....team they were playing Andy reckons are one of the best amateur teams in the leagues at the moment. So they did well really.

No match report/score today. Andy got call at 8.30 to say game off today.....stupid (supposedly) water logged pitch...mmm strange how games were played on them yesterday, in a park that has probably over 10 pitches! There game was going to be the only one getting played there, we reckon the grounds person couldn't be bothered opening up the changing rooms for just one game (council run pitches, says it all really).

They have training tomorrow night and a midweek game on Tuesday, agains Kintore Unite (league leaders, them who got beat the other week). Be so good to wipe the smile of their faces and take points off them.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I'm experiencing the benefits of not being in the Cornwall Senior Cup Final. It's been declared on after a 10am pitch inspection, but the rain is getting more apocalyptic by the second! :intherain:

Never mind, we have a pattern of appearing in every other cup final, so I'm looking forward to balmy conditions in the 2013 final!

Oh dear...you got rain...quite nice up here today, for a change...lol. Ideal for their set pieces training ahead of tomorrows game. If you are in Aberdeen tomorrow come along to the game....lol. :giggle2:

Shame Sedge, never mind...lol. So the game was on, weather was wet earlier today, but we actually had a very dry night for the game and despite the venue, no wind, given that it was down near the beach area of town.

Anyhow they were 2-1 down HT, with a very dodgey goal allowed against them in the first half, guy crossed it in to the box our goalie out of the goal and they had a player clearly 'on the line' (looked like he was more or less in the goal) and was clearly off side....ref gave the goal! Despite their heads being down a wee bit a half time, they came out fighting and had a great 2nd half but went down 3-1, pulled their sock up and got it back to 3-2. Totally deserved a draw at least, but unfortunately olposition found the net again and final score was 4-2, but should have been at least 3-3 if not an actual win. So looks like Kintore Utd with finish top, but if we get 3pts on Sunday they will get promoted in 2nd place.

Roll on Sunday.

Comiserations on the result Inver, but I'm sure promotion will help to ease the pain. We were promoted 2 seasons ago after missing out on the title by 2 points, but the team that finished above us are now back down near the bottom of Division 1, whereas we're still in the Premier!

Thursday - I was so tired when I wrote the above, that I forgot about last night's result! Quite a comfortable 2-0 victory, no red cards and the Liskeard manager was unusually quiet (probably wishing they'd carried on with the original game!).

Edited by Sedge

Well done on your 2-0. Andy and Glendale had a midweek game last night. 1-1, but had been an awful game apparently. Andy even picked up a booking for shocking decision. Apparently you can't use your arms to balance yourself when jumping for a ball....! Ref decided it was played deliberately off his arm! Ref was a bit of a numptie!

Refs are a strange breed. Ypours sounded a bit harsh, whereas the one we had on Wednesday was full of the milk of human kindness (or he'd lost his red card!).

Fingers crossed for the youngsters Inver!

We managed a straight-forward 2-0 away win in the rain yesterday, so the gap to 7th place is now down to 6 points. On Tuesday we play Ivybridge who look almost certain to go down and Liskeard (who are currently in 7th) are against the runaway leaders, so there's a good chance that by the end of Tuesday we'll just be 3 points behind!

Plus our 2nds won again yesterday and only need 1 more point for a 5th successive promotion. The sun is shining and all is well with the world! :smile:

Oh good god....what is it with the flaming weather and stupid pitches up here...! :banghead: ......phone rings at 8am....game off due to snow on pitch.....hubby then gets about about 9.30 still a sprinkling of snow, but by 11 am (10.30 would be KO) the snow had gone, something to do with the strong sunshine in the sky!! Makes you think they call these things off too early, but to be fair the away team had a 40 min journey to get here. So no big celebrations yet and a frustrating wait for well over a week, as no mid week games and they have called in one of their free weeks as Andy and one other coach off to do a Level 3 coaching course....so have to hang fire. Probably means they will have mid weekers soon as still 4 games to play.

Well done of hopefully closing the gap on your 7th Sedge...hope it comes of and other teams do you a favour.

Well done to Fleetwood Town.....great stuff when they make history.

Bad luck with the weather Inver - the next game will probably be called of due to excessive sunshine!

We're already into the midweek games - I think we've got 16 days to play 8 games!

More congratulations to Fleetwood - it's always good to see a new team go up. :smile:

Andy & Glendale have a midweek on Wednesday...home game...hope the weather allows it...lol. Insch are 2nd in league, but last time the played was a 1-1 draw, so anything might happen.

We had quite a stright forward (but not easy) 3-1 win tonight. Liskeard lost to the leaders, so we're getting ever closer to 7th place!

The best teams we've played in the last 4 weeks have tended to be those lurking near the bottom of the table- the threat of relegation is a great motivator!

Good win for you last night Sedge...well done. 1-2 home defeat for boy and team tonight. Wasn't an overly great game either....ah well tomorrow is another day! Weather was pleasant though.....lol

Any game for your boys today Inver?

We're in with a mathematical chance of going 7th today - we'll need to beat Cullompton Rangers first though, and they're one of our bogey teams!

We've confirmed our application to play in next season's FA Vase this week. Formal acceptances won't be until June, but it's looking good - I think I'll book my trip to Wembley now!

Maths for wins....complicated eh...lol. No win for Andy and Glendale today....1-2 defeat at home....unlucky to not hold on to a draw for a point. Usual story....they need one of those guys that score goals....what are they called again.....oh yeh a Striker I think....lol.

No U'14's game this weekend but a game Tuesday coming.....if they get a win or point should secure this second place promotion.....good grief I'm repeating myself...! Sure I said this a few posts back....all depends on the weather etc.

Certainly sounds like a bad case of deja vu Inver! I'll be sending some Cornish support through the ether on Tuesday!

We managed quite a feat of magic yesterday by being beaten all over the field by Cullompton and still coming away with a 1-0 win. Cullompton can feel hard done by because our 'keeper brought down their striker outside the box when he was the last man and he only got a yellow card for it - we're still scratching our heads over that one.

Well done on your win Sedge....ref on your side for a change!

Andy's facebook post about his Level 3 coaching course. Another box ticked. He said his boys did them proud yesterday and got great feedback from the other coaches on the course. They must be doing something right!

'Thats me officially qualified as a coach up to Level 3 on both the children's and youth pathways.....delighted. So proud of all my Under 14's as well who were the runners/subjects today and did an absolutely fantastic job.'

Another frustrating postponed game due to stupid rain/water logged pitches....all the council pitches were out of action tonight, so the U'14's still have to wait for another couple of days, hopefully Thursday night now to clinch the 2nd place promotional place.

Andy & Dale have midweek tomorrow...weather and pitch permitting!

Edited by Inver

So tonights fixture is.......... :badmood: yip....off...yet again. Text early today, been so wet here even tomorrows game is doubtful, at the moment it is on but not holding out much hope don't think. Poor guys still waiting to play this game to officially be promoted.