More football

Lilywhite

Bad luck with the weather Inver - our match this evening was touch and go, but we just managed to get through it with 102 waterlogged supporters! Maybe we shouldn't have bothered - we lost 6-2 to one man, widely considered to be the best striker in the league and who we just missed out on signing in March.

Still, Liskeard in 7th place went down 6-0, so we've narrowed the gap! :blush2:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol....we didn't go today, so apparently they played one of their best matches this season and won......1-6 away from home....typical...lol. They are sitting mid table at the moment and 3 games to play, so safe enough.

No U'14's tomorrow for some reason or next week! Still have 4 games to play...so gonna be busy soon weather permitting.

The good weather held firm yesterday to see us beat 3rd-placed Saltash 3-2! This was the one remaining match we were expected to lose, so it's all good. Unfortunately Liskeard matched that result, so the fight for 7th may go to the wire. We could even have a small chance of finishing in 6th! :smile:

No games until Saturday here for Andy. Hoorah...good news, his U'14's actually have two games next week. They haven't forgotten about them after all. Still waiting for a game to totally clinch the 2nd place, even although they have actually done it. Coaches haven't told them officially yet, but think they may be doing that tomorrow at training.

Here you go Sedge....Andy posted this on Facebook about his U'14's footie after training last night.....I'm fare prood o' ma boy....lol... :D

'One of the proudest moments I've ever had, telling my Culter Colts Under 14's Squad that they have officially been promoted. Things like this don't often happen at Culter YFC so it makes the achievement all the greater. What makes it even sweeter is it comes in my 10th season connected with the club. Massive congrats to each and every member of my squad its great to get over the line with 4 games to spare after a season thats never seen them outside the top two.'

Glendale 0-2 Westhill......not a great game, and then lost it second half of the second half. Hope yours went better today Sedge.

We finished our season on Friday with a 3-2 defeat at home to lowly Witheridge - we just can't get the hang of these smaller teams! Our nearest rivals went down 3-0 yesterday which would have given us 7th place - if only!

Our manager has now stepped down (as expected for a long time). He's done us proud this season, but I think he and this group of players have taken us as far as they can. We want to be challenging for the titlenext season, so we'll need a big re-organisation. Roy Hodgson and Harry Redknapp were both considered, but they're not Cornish enough!

Our 2nds suffered a shock defeat yesterday, but so did their title rivals, so they stay top on goal difference. With one match to go, as long as they avoid a 12 goal defeat, they will win their 5th successive divisional title. Bring on the Premier Division!

More good news - the FA have awarded us a 'G' ground grading which brings Poltair Park up to FA Vase and FA Cup standard - Wembley here we come!

Happy here -

Chelsea beat Liverpool in the FA Cup, roll on Champion's League final!!!

My home town team Stevenage beat Bury 3:0 to get into the League One playoffs!!! This could be the third year running they go up a division, MAD!!!

Shame you finished on a defeat there Sedge and didn't manage to clinch the 7th place...as you have said before ...funny old game and you do have to watch those wee teams. Yikes..hope you get new management, players etc sorted for next season. What you gonna do with yourself now then...lol...no footie.

Two fixtures this week for U'14's, hopefully win tomorrow (H) and Thursday(A) would do very nicely thank you. Then that would leave them just two games to play and they should be there for the taking too. Be great to see them get the 12 points from the games that are left. :D

I'll have to start exploring the world on Saturday afternoons outside football - it looks a strange and bewildering place!

We've got some unused luck left over from the past seaosn, so I'm sending it up to your Under 14s! :gl:

'SPL...yer havin a laugh.....SPL...yer havin a laugh'.....Hibs 3-0 Dunfermline .....yer going doon. Dunfermline are the local rivals to Raith Rovers. They were promoted last year....didnae last....lol.

I'll have to start exploring the world on Saturday afternoons outside football - it looks a strange and bewildering place!

We've got some unused luck left over from the past seaosn, so I'm sending it up to your Under 14s! :gl:

Thanks Sedge...must have worked....1-0 win last night...played well to hold on to a first half lead and another clean sheet, which Andy was chuffed with. 1 down 3 to go for the remaining 9 points the should have in the bag (net). If they get them all they will finish on 49 only 5 away from the winners....will def make the league look good. Oh and their t-shirts have arrived for them to be given out on the last game....'Promotion winners etc....lol

Edited by Inver

Andy and his U'14's played in cold, wet and blustery conditions, however the game went on. 1-0 down at half time.....5 mins into second half, bam....bam....bam.....3-1 up and that was the final score and another 3pts on the league table....6pts to go, hopefully.

Almost there Inver - where are their last 2 opponents in the table?

Our 2nds secured their 5th successive divisional championship on Wednesday - this is an all-time record for their league!

More good news - the prestigious Cornwall Charity Cup Final in Bodmin was rained off on Wednesday and the re-arranged match has been moved to St Austell next week! :smile:

Both below...so it doesn't really matter ( :hide: hides from Andy) as they are way ahead anyway. Play Peterhead at home on Saturday, shouldn't be too difficult to win, previous scores have been 12-1, 9-3 and 11-1....they are bottom on 7pts, and Cove possibly next week sometime at home again, they are 4th on 26pts, they are the ones they beat on Tuesday 1-0.

Hopefully a home win for you then Sedge....be good.