More football

Lilywhite

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cold and windy conditions today, bit of a poor performance from the U'14's today, but a 6-3 win and another 3pts. He wanted a clean sheet today to keep them in with a shout for least goals conceeded but unfortunately it makes them equal with the league winners...he was hoping to have that over them. One game to go, but have to wait until next Sunday.

Last night's Charity Cup Final finished Penryn Athletic 3, St Dennis 1. Well done to Penryn, but Poltair Park was the real winner. Plenty of people who hadn't been there for a few years were mighty impressed with our improvements! :smile:

Glad the Park was a hit....makes it all worthwhile.

Should be the last weekend of footie here....both home games Sat/Sun for Andy & 'Dale and U'14's...hoping they both finish the season with a win.

Any developments on Andy's job applications?

Absolutely none Geoff....Falkirk never even acknowledged the email/cv. Celtic did say if not heard by beginning/mid May, he won't have proceeded. Probably slight lack of the Level 4 coaching badge I think. Never mind....something else may come along. He is half way through his final exams. 3 down 2 to go.

Hope the weather hold out for you Inver. You can't have too many more postponements - the new season'll be along in a minute!

Weather bright and sunny but still cold....didn't do any favours though, Glendale beat 0-2 at home. They should finish 7/14, so mid table not bad, bit better than last year.

See how the U'14's get on tomorrow.

Final game of the season for Culter Colts 'U'14's and Andy today....they made him happy. His facebook page comment says it all

'Played 20, won 16, drawn 1, lost 3, 102 goals scored, won promotion and closed out the season with a 5-2 victory against Cove this morning. What a year for Culter Colts under 14's!!! Add to that we have 6 players that have hit double figures in terms of goals.'

What more can I say, except I am very proud of him as a coach and how well he has brought his team on.

Thanks Sedge...you comment has been passed on. Hope they get a big mention at their club presentation night....may be one of the only teams to have done so well this year.

Promotion winning coaches....my Andy in the middle....Promotion Winners U'14's C League. Taken yesterday after a friendly agains the club's U'13's, fortunately they won 4-2, but the U'13 scored first.

181866_10151758330885114_332264972_n.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Hi guys...just thought you might to know Andy's latest news....

'Just been offered and very happily accepted the positon of a Football Development Officer with Culter Youth Football Club. Creating links with primary schools in the local area as well as with Glendale AFC being the main duties. Really looking forward to it.'

This was done via the committee, the link was in the early stages of being set up between CYFC and his amateur team Glendale....well chuffed for him.

Not paid guys just voluntary, but as you say will be an added bonus to his CV. It is post that has just been created via the committee at Culter who his U'14's play for. He had mentioned it to his Glendale committee about maybe trying for a link between the two teams as an oppportunity for the up and coming youngsters once they get to U'19's level and no more youth footie. That is when he was spotted and joined Glendale. So it a step in the right direction....who knows where it may lead. I'm sure this is the sort of thing he would love to do.

Slow progress on the job applications too, replies from two that are not being processed any further, still to hear back from one other and applied for something else too.

Edited by Inver

Good luck to Andy with the job applications, too. It must be very tough for youngsters these days. I remember the time when you could walk out of a job on Friday and be in a new one on Monday, but those days are long gone, I'm afraid. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for him.

• 3 weeks later...

And so the pre season footie training starts.....Monday was a yes....and guess what tonight called off due to the weather is this an omen for the start of the season fixtures...lol. Friendly for Andy and Glendale at the weekend...watch this space and the weather!

It must be a sign of the coming apocalypse - we had a big friendly against Truro City rained off last Friday. We were hoping for a huge crowd as well! Never mind - we're back on track after a 4-1 win on Tuesday. Our new young goalkeeper looked impressive and our new 29 year old (!) manager seems more than capable. Never mind the Olympics - bring on the new season!

Never mind Inver, at least the rain left them alone. We followed up our first result with a 7-0 win over Hayle. Both friendlies have been against lower division sides, but it's nice to see a team really gelling!

Is it too soon to get optimistic about the new season?