More football

Lilywhite

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disaster strikes......Andy & Glendale's home pitch was badly flooded a few weeks back and Graeme (hubby) went to have a look yesterday. The wee bridge that is the access to pitch and changing room area is damaged and closed off...looks like they won't be playing there any time soon. Probably have to find an alternative home pitch somewhere to full fill fixtures etc.

Andy doing some Aberdeen FC community coaching today and tomorrow at the Sports Village. Not sure if there is any money involved but he had the 5-7 age group. This is what he put up on facebook that one of the wee kids asked the goalie of Aberdeen Jamie Langfield.

'Highlight of today was definitely Jamie Langfield and Cammy Smith coming in for a question and answer session. One of the youngest kids pops up with this absolute belter for Langfield 'why did you let a goal in through your legs yesterday?' Had the coaches in stitches.

to which he replied

'ehhhhhhhhhhhhh........i am just lucky i have good team mates to bail me out just as i bail them out sometimes as well.'

Disaster strikes......Andy & Glendale's home pitch was badly flooded a few weeks back and Graeme (hubby) went to have a look yesterday. The wee bridge that is the access to pitch and changing room area is damaged and closed off...looks like they won't be playing there any time soon. Probably have to find an alternative home pitch somewhere to full fill fixtures etc.

Which team is that, inver?

Try getting WSC , When Saturday comes, to do an article, it`ll lead to help with a temp ground somewhere.

Cheers now.

Edited by itsmeagain

Andy doing some Aberdeen FC community coaching today and tomorrow at the Sports Village. Not sure if there is any money involved but he had the 5-7 age group. This is what he put up on facebook that one of the wee kids asked the goalie of Aberdeen Jamie Langfield.

'Highlight of today was definitely Jamie Langfield and Cammy Smith coming in for a question and answer session. One of the youngest kids pops up with this absolute belter for Langfield 'why did you let a goal in through your legs yesterday?' Had the coaches in stitches.

to which he replied

'ehhhhhhhhhhhhh........i am just lucky i have good team mates to bail me out just as i bail them out sometimes as well.'

Absolute classic.

Which team is that, inver?

Try getting WSC , When Saturday comes, to do an article, it`ll lead to help with a temp ground somewhere.

Cheers now.

He plays for an amateur team 'Glendale FC' here in Aberdeen.

They played their first game today since mid November, but beaten 3-0. They are asking for lots of away games apparently until they can sort out something with a council pitch.

We ended up at a footie game today, down in Fife visiting relatives but we managed to go see Raith Rovers v Airdrie and hoorah they won 2-0!

Footie problems for my boy....tweeked his hamstring...physio yesterday and one more next week, so out for a couple of weeks, he played on Saturday (lost 3-0), had to come of with 10 mins to go. Said he felt it more when he was standing! Just small tear so hopefully heal quickly.

One very cold and blustery day for U'15's today, local cup game and they were binned 12-0, although they had their chances. 'A' league team beat them, who three of our players have now gone to play for!

No white-out here Inver, just a wet-out!

I remember when AFC St Austell used to play football matches. One game in 5 weeks isn't good.

I've heard a rumour that some places have had snow today. Not even a single snowflake down here - we're just continuing our 3-month run of epic rain! While those north of the Tamar are stuck in snowdrifts, our severe floods are back with a vengeance!

No white-out here Inver, just a wet-out!

I remember when AFC St Austell used to play football matches. One game in 5 weeks isn't good.

I've heard a rumour that some places have had snow today. Not even a single snowflake down here - we're just continuing our 3-month run of epic rain! While those north of the Tamar are stuck in snowdrifts, our severe floods are back with a vengeance!

Lucky you.... I can't believe that they have said on the website 'all municipal pitches are OFF Saturday and will reinspect on Sunday' Do they actually think there is a hope in hell the weather will have improved. Hope Sunday is off....Andy is away to Newcastle with mates today until Sunday night and we have all the footie gear to get to home game for U'15's (which won't be on) and his assistant coach has all the contacts etc.

Oh the joys of winter footie :cold:

Better news - The champions, Bodmin Town have also had their match postponed (they had an FA Vase tie against Ashington from somewhere in England), so the league have worked miracles and we're playing them this afternoon. Defeat looks likely, but you never know!

Any news Sedge....a wonderous victory to report. We are still waiting on news about pitches for tomorrow...no improvement on the weathere up here...what are they playing at!

South Africa have looked slow and lethargic, as ever, in their opening game v Cape Verde, in African nations cup 2013. Again SA host a massive tournament, again they look clueless and uninspired. ITV4 are covering the tournament. Finished nil nil. :doh:

Edited by itsmeagain

We went down 4-0 unfortunately. Disappointing, but it was the one match we didn't really expect to get anything out of and it'll help with our end of season fixture congestion.

I think we've completed out most difficult fixtures now - time to try a few teams in the bottom half of the table!

We went down 4-0 unfortunately. Disappointing, but it was the one match we didn't really expect to get anything out of and it'll help with our end of season fixture congestion.

I think we've completed out most difficult fixtures now - time to try a few teams in the bottom half of the table!

Good luck St Austell.

Shame about defeat Sedge, but if expected it softens the blow...4-0 not too drastic though.

Zero footie to report here, apart from Andy and his trip with mates to Newcastle...said the Newcastle v Reading game was diabolical, they had more fan watching the snow slide of the opposite stand roof onto the security guys surrounding the grounds...lol.

Still not even a flake of snow here, but another Saturday postponement is looking likely - we've had an early weather warning of large amounts of rain at the weekend. Our ground is still saturated, so there could be more flooding.

It's strange to watch all the snow reports on the news. It's like they're reporting from another world!

Another weekend of nothing to report....snow all over the place, could take a while to get back to normal. Just indoor training for him today, although have to say he wasn't overly keen about training on a hard gym floor, given just getting his hammy back to normal.