More football

Lilywhite

No luck here either Inver. The rain which started in October and hasn't let up for more than a day at a time since has put paid to another game. We've had two matches in the last six weeks - April and May are going to be busy!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my Luton v Millwall is a return of the grudge matches of the 80's and 90's, there used to be so much crowd trouble at those matches, my hubby, his Dad ans other Luton fans were chased away from the ground once! Lets hope tey all behave this time, I expect there'll be a large police presence just in case.. :(

Good old Oldham, can never complain about seeing Liverpool beaten if I'm honest, and it was a great game.

Love me some FA Cup football, always brings the drama and this weekend has been no different. Tottenham out, Liverpool out, Norwich out to Luton, Arsenal struggled, as did Chelsea.. comfortable 4-1 for us so no complaints there (and Reading in the next round shouldn't cause too many problems).

You should never underestimate United's ability to shoot themselves in the foot in the FA Cup!!

I suspect you're right about the police presence Chalie :( I was spat at when I visited a rivals ground as a 17-year-old girl and I still don't feel safe attending a couple of grounds.

Oh by all means I'm not naive about United's ability to royally mess up in a game we'll be expected to win, but I fancy our chances nonetheless.

Oh by all means I'm not naive about United's ability to royally mess up in a game we'll be expected to win, but I fancy our chances nonetheless.

So do I :) hopefully!!!! Would be nice to do well in the cup this year.

So do I :) hopefully!!!! Would be nice to do well in the cup this year.

Certainly would.

Well, got my ticket for Bradford and Swansea next month sorted. Wembley here I come. :D

Ever hopeful there will be footie this weekend! Although the pitches will be pretty soggy....wait and see Andy & Glendale have an outstanding cup game to play and U'15's due to play on Sunday....watch this space.

Day 1....Saturday....guess what it snowed last night....Glendale game off

Day 2....Sunday.... pitches to be reinspected in the morning....update...game was on beat 5-2 though..ho hum.

:cold:

And my home team Raith Rovers put up a reasonable fight in their Scottish Cup tie v Celtric but lost out 0-3 at home :blush2:

Edited by Inver

In by far the worst weather conditions of the year, we actually managed to play tonight and beat Falmouth Town 2-1!  I think the biggest winner was the Falmouth groundsman who managed to get this game on in 70mph winds and driving rain - miracles can happen! :smile:

So Scotland's new manager Gordon Strachan takes charge of his first game v Estonia here at Pittodrie where he played for Aberdeen. Andy and a team mate from Glendale away to see the gamve tonight. Here is hoping they come home from watching Scotland win the game! ;)

Hoorah we won....1-0.

Edited by Inver