Five facts...

Michelle

How is you taste? 'Cause tasting things is mostly smelling them, the sense of taste is really weak alone. There's studies about that and all. That's why nothing tastes of anything when you have a cold.

I'm the same as Chimera in that I can't really smell anything. At best, I might know that there is A smell present, but I'd never know what it was, or know it was there til someone pointed it out.

And my sense of taste is very sharp. I can't eat spice food, coz its too strong for me, I adore sweet things and on the whole absolutely love food. Really, really love food.

What about you Chimera?

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm the same as Chimera in that I can't really smell anything. At best, I might know that there is A smell present, but I'd never know what it was, or know it was there til someone pointed it out.

And my sense of taste is very sharp. I can't eat spice food, coz its too strong for me, I adore sweet things and on the whole absolutely love food. Really, really love food.

What about you Chimera?

Well I've never seen anything wrong with my sense of taste but I probably wouldnt know the difference and I do tend to prefer anything that's very chocolatey, spicy, full of bearnaise... or otherwise having a very strong taste. And I never felt a difference in how my food tastes when I have a cold... people around me are always moaning about not feeling or tasting anything when they have a cold but I never notice the difference.

Actually I'd looked into 'smell disorders' at one point when I was annoyed with it and it seems many people are that way (there's even a name for it, anosmia for no smell at all and disnosmia for a very low level of it I think) and it seems the "if you didnt have a sense of smell you wouldnt taste your food at all" is largely exagerated: it is true in some cases but many people with no sense of smell do taste their food. I guess it must be a question of degree and of sensitivity to both taste and smell.

Apparently when you eat smell and taste mix up and you cant tell the difference, but they are seperate. Only as smell plays a big part, for those who sense it, people with a cold will feel 'deprived' as they only have one sense working and by comparison will think their food has no taste.

People who dont smell anyhting in the first place however are used to rely only on the taste, and perhaps they develop it more. Maybe if we could smell we'd suddenly realise we've only been half tasting everything, but we dont know the difference. *laughs*

Does that sound right Roxi and Angel?

Besides, despite my occasional jokes of moving in with him and doing nothing but bake cupcakes and shop and develop myself a drinking problem, I have no inclination of becoming a hockey wife. I want MY name on that trophy, not the name of some husband of mine.
Good for you! Let's not get trapped too soon *laughs*

Besides, despite my occasional jokes of moving in with him and doing nothing but bake cupcakes and shop and develop myself a drinking problem, I have no inclination of becoming a hockey wife. I want MY name on that trophy, not the name of some husband of mine.

Good for you! Let's not get trapped too soon *laughs*

I actually told BF that I'm going to do the above-mentioned. His reply was "what do you mean, develop??" *laughs* Can't help loving the man.

And like I said, I want my name of the trophy. Not someone elses.

Edited by ii
I need to stop changing my mind mid-sentence!!

5 facts about me:

1) I have a relatively small family, with only two Aunts and Uncles and three cousins, two grandma's and one grandad, one brother and a mother mam and dad.

2) I'm on my second year of a three year course in Childhood Studies and Early Years Education. I hope to become either a primary school teacher or a social worker.

3) I support Newcastle United Football Club avidly. I would love to have a season ticket but simply can't afford it.

4) I am very proud to be British. I love everything about British culture, from the monarchy to the liberal society. I feel that Britain gets a lot of bad press and associations but I would happily stand in the face of anyone and say that I was British, come what may. I love the history too. I love hearing about past Kings and Queens, battles, traditions etc.

5) I am scared of a lot of things. I am severly scared of spiders (I CANNOT be in the same room if I know there's one there) and lifts (I hate them, I once saw an episode of Casualty when I was younger that I never got over). I can't stand on drains (thats a weird one) and I can't swim so hate anything to do with water (especially bridges).

1) I'm like Ceinwenn- absolutely frightened of heights, luuuuuurve rollercoasters!:lol: (I've been on the Nemesis at Thorpe Park- awesome- but the Stealth was shut so I couldn't try it!:D)

2) I'm usually really really shy, but when I get going I'm way more confident:D

3) I have weird joints

4) I loath maths, yet it's by far my strongest subject

5) I find it annoying when people take the mick of befriending the other gender. Afer all, I have 10 boy mates and 15 girl mates.:)

1) I'd live in NYC in a heartbeat.

2) I'd live in the UK in a heartbeat.

3) I'd live in Paris in a heartbeat.

4) I'd drive a Jeep Rubicon if it wasn't such a gas guzzler.

5) I wish I had the metabolism of a seven year old.

okay, I want to play this game too!!

1) I only agree to live high up. So no houses for me. I'm an apartment-girl.

2) I love watching the player videos NHL teams put online. And I give BF cr*p for his comments.

3) I start books and then forget to finish them.

4) I've made out with a girl.

5) There's photos.

1) I'm claustrophobic, entomophobic (but only the flying kind) and I have an aversion to heights. :lol:

2) I won't knowingly eat anything that comes from the sea. :D

3) Since the film Jaws came out I have never put a foot in any sea or ocean. :D

4) I am a fully trained chef. :D

5) I'm a complete neat freak. If the place is a mess it really really irritates me, which in turn drives my family insane! :)

Lol Charm, we're somewhat different

1. I love flying (and I don't mean on a broomstick as some would suggest :D )

2. I ADORE seafood and eat practically anything that comes from the sea.

3. I've never seen Jaws and I'm not overly scared of sharks.

4. I have been a cook in a hotel but no formal training.

5. I'm pretty casual and my house has a very 'lived-in' feel about it.

(but, like you, I have sold up a house to live in a shed and caravan in the middle of a paddock, with no power or running water)

1) I'm claustrophobic,

3) Since the film Jaws came out I have never put a foot in any sea or ocean. :D

5) I'm a complete neat freak. If the place is a mess it really really irritates me, which in turn drives my family insane! :lol:

Oh my goodness, I am all of the above as well! I hate being in confined spaces ever since going caving with the college. I HATE not being able to see the bottom of water and won't go in the sea and everything has it's place and I am forever putting things back the way they 'should be'. :)

Lol Charm, we're somewhat different

.... and we get on so well too! :)

5. I'm pretty casual and my house has a very 'lived-in' feel about it

I couldn't live with ya though!! :D

Oh my goodness, I am all of the above as well! I hate being in confined spaces ever since going caving with the college. I HATE not being able to see the bottom of water and won't go in the sea and everything has it's place and I am forever putting things back the way they 'should be'. :lol:

I know its awful! I am trying to calm down about it. I used to be worse, even chastising the kids when they were little for walking on the fluffy rugs after I had vacuumed the pile up! :D ... (well they did leave footprints on them!! :D)

1) I'm absolutely terrified of spiders. I would not travel to any country that has those huge ones!!!

2)I am not a trained chef but I love cooking. I am not afraid to try anything

I love eating fish

4) I drive everyone mad at work asking for the place to be kept tidy. The house is 'lived in' as nagging falls on deaf ears

5)I could not bear to live in-land. I've always lived within 3 miles of the sea

Lol. And here's me thinking you'd have a great old time bringing some semblance of order to the place :D

Good thing about living in a caravan was there was never much housework to do.

You're absolutely right. To a normal person.... :)

Trust me .. I could find something to clean :lol:

1. I did American studies with gender studies at university (which a lot of my friends who did things like economics find amusing!)

2. I met my boyfriend on my first day at uni and we are together 9 years later!

3. I'm a Newcastle United fan

4. I have a scar on my arm from when I fell from a horse when I was 11

5. My favourite city in the world is Barcelona

1. I'm the 2nd of so far 6 children (2 sisters, 3 brothers) My dad/step-mum still wish to have more, but they might be too old now to conceive naturally

2. There's a 21 year difference between my oldest and youngest brothers, and my youngest brother is the same age as my oldest niece, very confusing! :D

3. My older brother has 2 daughters and has a son on the way

4. I am petrified of spiders

5. I met my boyfriend on the internet, and we've been together for over 3 years now, I even moved half way up the country to live with him 2 1/2 years ago :)

1) I have loads of favourite songs, most of them a maximum of 12 weeks old:blush:

2) I'm a shameful chocoholic

3) I love castles and palaces- the best two I've been to are Hampton Court and Hever Castle. I also live about 2 miles from the legendary Dover Castle. :lol:

4) I love to draw people.

5) I get bored easily

1. Andrew McMahon is my favourite music artist.

2. I have a thing about My Little Pony (the toys - I love them.)

3. I have two recurring dreams: one about a job I don't work at anymore, and one about a girl, an old friend, I haven't seen in 4 years.

4. I love O Brien's sandwiches. They are the BEST.

5. My most treasured possession is a guy's chain which belonged to the guy who is now my best friend of 5 years, back when he was my first love. :lol:

5) I get bored easily

Me too.

Okay, I'd like to point out that I'm high on painmeds. So I'm not responsible for the sanity and/or logic of my statements.

1) I know what kind of engagement ring I'd want, and yet I have no plans of getting married.

2) I can't spit. (Makes wine tastings very much fun.)

3) I have several authentic hockey jerseys, and I only wear them to bed. (okay, sometimes at home, too, but that's very rare, and usually before going to bed.)

4) I can't stand beer. Just the smell gives me a headache.

5) I have my own hard hat. It's green, and has glitter and feathers on it and ribbons to tie it under my chin. (no thanks to me!)

1) I have three gorgeous nieces and one nephew. Plus, another one on the way!

2) I've been with my partner for two and a half years.

3) I have an almost embarrassing obsession with Twilight...

4) My favourite colour changes, from purple, to dark blue, to emerald green. I can never decide. It's never brown, orange or yellow though..

5) I want to live by the sea :lol: