Five facts...

Michelle

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Hull City is the only football team that has no words you can colour in.

2. A Greyhound can go from 0 to 60mph in 1 second

3. Lightening goes up from the ground not down from the sky.

4. The only cups Norwich City football club have are in thier Kitchen.

5. The Slowworm was once a legged Lizard

Do you eat the strong smelly blue ones? :friends0:

Oh yes! :)

I haven't had a migraine for 2 years *touches wood* I used to get them a lot as a teenager but they've become far less frequent with age - but I do avoid eating cheese when I have a headache, just in case.

Colin, my OH does cross stitch too!! You may have a girl inside you, but I am sure part of me is a boy because I love and have an interest in planes and cars. When I went to Farnborough recently I was spaced out by all the jets, the new Airbus 308 and the Typhoon Eurofighter were something else. I decided there and then that if I came back to this world I am going to be a jet pilot :friends0:

• 4 months later...

1) I'm 13 years old and have been on the forum since I was 10 :D

2) On my Dad's side I have 2 cousins, on my Mum's side I have 7 cousins, including one that is being born in March :D

3) I have a really crooked little finger which is disgusting and grosses my friends out :)

4) I have two adoreable little kittens- one of them is 6 months old on Christmas day, the other one on the 27th :D Stewie's the older one and is really fluffy and sweet-natured, Smudge is really a little devil :D

5) I can get my heels on the top of my head! :lol:

1) I love physics and astrophysics, and had I been good at Maths I would have studied the latter at college.

2) I suck at Maths :D

3) My favourite artists are Dali, Van Gogh and Monet.

4) I have a tattoo on my right wrist which says, 'And some days all I do is Watch The Sky' - a line which references a song I love.

5) My real name (Nollaig) is the Irish version of Noelle, but also means Christmas/December.

Ok, this thread looks fun so here are mine:

1. I have no sense of smell: you could put rotten tomatoes, flowers or a great perfume under my nose... I wouldnt know the difference :)

2. Like a few others on here I have very few friends which I rarely see as we all live in different countries. Seeing that there were others like me in this thread gave me a boost *laughs*

3. I've never dyed or otherwise altered my hair... Though I've always wanted to change it completely cut-wise. Might take the plunge someday...

4. I'm an introvert and would love to somehow shut up that cautious, analysing little voice in my head.

5. I eat about anything but I'm a very fussy drinker: nerver liked coke, coffee, tea or most alcools...It can get very complicated when I'm out for drinks or at a party :D

Edited by Chimera
Big typo...

Great thread!

1. I love going to the local art museum, and anytime I travel I that is usually the first thing I do or one of my main reasons for traveling to a certain destination.

2. I will watch any documentary on TV that has to do with underwater animals - Shark Week is my fave!

3. I am continually working on a book about my complete family history/ancestry.

4. I go to sleep every night listening to a thunderstorm CD.

5. I am a coffee fiend, and am at my happiest when it is accompanied by a warm raspberry scone.

Me neither, though I dont usually go to such length to prove my point. *laughs*

My sense of smell is so bad that it could be potentially dangerous. I once bought some fish, lovingly cooked it and when my husband walked into the kitchen started to retch as it was off!!! :D I also don't smell food until food is almost on fire!- fortunately for everyone that doesn't happen very often :)

1. I have diplomas in massage therapy and nutritional therapy (no sense of smell is sometimes diet related, hope that helps.)

2. I have a black belt in Kung Fu and am a pacifist who cries at sad movies.

3. I was a single Dad for 5 years when the kids were babies.

4. I proposed, and got engaged, on Chritmas day in front of all my family.

5. My great great great uncle invented the bicycle, and my great great grandmother was the first girl on a bicycle.

4. I proposed, and got engaged, on Chritmas day in front of all my family.

Wow! That's lovely. You had better luck than my boyfriend. (Luckily he didn't do it in front of an audience. I've always felt sorry for those who get proposed to in like football games or something like that...) Or were you sure on the reply?

1. I have diplomas in massage therapy and nutritional therapy (no sense of smell is sometimes diet related, hope that helps.)

Well I've been like that as long as I can remember and my dad doesnt have much more than me so I guess it's just some kind of genetic, permanent thing unfortunately. As Angel says it can get dangerous. I doubt I would smell a gas leek for example. Though strangely I do smell some food when it is cooking (especially when it has spices in it I think). Or am I just imagining that? *laughs*

5. My great great great uncle invented the bicycle, and my great great grandmother was the first girl on a bicycle.

That's a nice family history!

Wow! That's lovely. You had better luck than my boyfriend. (Luckily he didn't do it in front of an audience. I've always felt sorry for those who get proposed to in like football games or something like that...) Or were you sure on the reply?

*cracks up* I saw your explanation on that one earlier in this thread... Must have been quite an evening! Are you dead set against marriage or just feel its too early for that?

1) I have a very large family - 12 Aunts & Uncles & 34 cousins on Mom's side & 9 Aunts & Uncles & 18ish cousins on Dad's side - plus 2 sisters & a brother, 2 brothers in law & 6 nieces & nephews.

2) I hate peas - they make me gag (cold cereals, too)

3) Growing up we always had 2 dogs & 2 cats

4) I am terrified of heights, but love rollercoasters!

5) When I was 8 I was diagnosed with a crippling form of arthritis & was told I would be in a wheelchair by the time I was 20 - still have the arthritis, but am almost 17 years past the wheelchair estimate! Yippee!!!

I've posted here before but I'm putting off finishing my essay...:D

1. I was going to leave my current university degree (english and community studies) to do accounts and bookeeping.

2. Leland Chapman is the only reason I watch Dog The Bounty Hunter.

3. I can't have blood taken yet I have 3 facial piercings and a tattoo.

4. I have to wait til March to get my tattoo for Christmas.

5. I hate having my hair cut.

Well I've been like that as long as I can remember and my dad doesnt have much more than me so I guess it's just some kind of genetic, permanent thing unfortunately. As Angel says it can get dangerous. I doubt I would smell a gas leek for example. Though strangely I do smell some food when it is cooking (especially when it has spices in it I think). Or am I just imagining that? *laughs*

How is you taste? 'Cause tasting things is mostly smelling them, the sense of taste is really weak alone. There's studies about that and all. That's why nothing tastes of anything when you have a cold.

*cracks up* I saw your explanation on that one earlier in this thread... Must have been quite an evening! Are you dead set against marriage or just feel its too early for that?

It was fun. *laughs* I'm not against marriage as such, I'm just not sure it's for me. I know family is not my thing. And family is definitely his thing. Plus, it was an bad timing, I had just returned to Finland, in the middle of my studies. Besides, despite my occasional jokes of moving in with him and doing nothing but bake cupcakes and shop and develop myself a drinking problem, I have no inclination of becoming a hockey wife. I want MY name on that trophy, not the name of some husband of mine.