Five facts...

Michelle

Is that a current pic of you Sedge in your avatar?

Kell's right, that is indeed Weird Al Yankovic. If only I had that much hair!:lol:

:friends0: I hope I haven't put my foot in it! Love ya Sedge :lol:

No problem Kylie - I am much better looking than Weird Al, although without as much musical talent! Or hair.:friends0:

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. I can't drink a soft drink, alcohol, milk without a straw, I must have a straw!, I carry a pack in my bag.

Same here! I only drink water, and I have to use a straw or else I try and gulp it down too fast and choke myself.

I have now completed 14 weeks of work and only have 12 to go until I go back in retirement, that is if they don't fire me first.

I enjoy getting Michelle mad at me, but if anyone else gives her a rough time I will come to her defense immediately.

I have several friends on the forum that mean a lot to me although I don't usually show my feelings.

I have 5 granddaughters, the youngest (16 yrs old) which is visiting us this weekend. She just got back from Europe and she downloaded 1200 pictures on my computer from her trip.

I once spent an evening with George Jones (country singer) drinking beer.

Edited by muggle not

1. I have a terrible sense of direction (turn me round three times and I'm lost)

2. I have a pet rock called Rosie.

3. A car once ran over my foot (it happened to be a teacher from my school :lol:)

4. I know the longest NZ place-name off by heart Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitinatahu

5. I like insects (as long as they don't bite)

I have 5 granddaughters, the youngest (16 yrs old) which is visiting us this weekend. She just got back from Europe and she downloaded 1200 pictures on my computer from her trip.

Have you sat through them all yet?

1. I have a terrible sense of direction (turn me round three times and I'm lost)

Me too. I once did work experience in a hotel in a nearby city. One day I walked out of the building and 2 mins straight down the road to Maccas. I walked in the front door and bought my food, then walked out a side door and proceeded to get myself completely lost. :)

Wow Muggle- Goerge Jones is a legend- what is he like?
my evening with George Jones was many, many, years ago when he was not well known. He had, I recollect a hit song at the time, "The Race Is On". I lived in Beaumont at the time and he was from a small town nearby. I only met him the one time but have been to a number of his concerts. For sure, he is a legend in Country Music and may have been the best ever.

This is for Poppy and her round and round comment......sorry I couldn't resist:

Round and Round Lyrics

Perry Como

Find a wheel, and it goes round, round, round,

As it skims along with a happy sound,

As it goes, along the ground, ground, ground,

‘Till it leads you to the one you love!

Then your love, will hold you round, round, round,

And your heart’s a song with a brand new sound,

And your head, goes spinnin’ round, round, round,

‘Cause you found what you’ve been dreamin’ of!

In the night you see the oval moon,

Goin’ round and round in tune.

And the ball of sun in the day,

Makes a girl and boy wanna say:

Find a ring, ( find a ring . . . ) and put it round, round, round,

And with ties so strong the two hearts are bound,

Put it on, ( put it on . . . ) the one you found, found, found,

For you kno’ that this is really love! ( . . . this is really love! )

Find a wheel, ( find a wheel . . . ) and it goes round, round, round,

As it skims along with a happy sound,

As it goes, ( as it goes . . . ) along the ground, ground, ground,

‘Till it leads you to the one you love! ( . . . to the one you love! )

Then your love, ( then your love ) you’ll hold her round, round, round,

And your heart’s a song with a brand new sound,

And your head, ( and your head ) goes spinning round, round, round,

‘Cause you found what you’ve been dreamin’ of! ( . . . you've been dreamin' of! )

In the night you see the oval moon,

Goin’ round and round in tune ( going round and round! )

And the ball of sun in the day,

Makes a girl and boy wanna say: ( wanna say, wanna say! )

Find the ring, ( find the ring . . . ) and put it round, round, round,

And with ties so strong your two hearts are bound,

Put it on, the one you found, found, found,

For you kno’ that this is really love!

Find a ring, put it on,

For you kno’ that this is really love,

Really love . . . really love . . . hmmm!

Edited by muggle not

Me too. I once did work experience in a hotel in a nearby city. One day I walked out of the building and 2 mins straight down the road to Maccas. I walked in the front door and bought my food, then walked out a side door and proceeded to get myself completely lost. :lol:

Lol Kylie. We better not go shopping together. One time I caught a bus from the city (my regular bus) got off and caught a connecting one, only to discover it was the wrong bus and I ended up right where I started again :) I can however (thank goodness) read maps, otherwise heavens knows where I would be today.

Edited by poppy

:lol: I did a similar sort of thing on the trains once. I was heading back to work after my lunch break and usually I turn left at the bottom of the escalators as my train goes from the left platform. This time I had gone down escalators facing the opposite way (so I should have turned right), but I still went left. The train was about to go so I just jumped on and found myself travelling in the wrong direction :lol:

Oh, and another time I was walking up the left-hand side of a main road in Sydney. I saw a shop on the opposite side that I wanted to visit, crossed over and had a look, and then when I came back out I forgot that I should be turning right and I went left and headed back the way I had come. It was quite a while before I realised my mistake! :lol:

Needless to say, in both instances I got back from lunch pretty late :)

Here is another 5 from me;

I used to be a competitive swimmer. I got as far as the National Championships once, a long time ago

I am right handed but I throw with my left. Very handy for tennis.

I am a Delia Smith fan even though her autobiography is as dull as ditch water

One of my greatest fears is losing all my teeth

I love jigsaws. I once did an 8,000 piece one - it took 3 months

Here

Me too - whenever we host Christmas I always make sure there's a jigsaw on the go.

Where did you get a big enough table to do an 8,000 piece one? We have to stick to 500 piece ones as they're the only ones that fit on our coffee table!

When we put down laminate flooring I decided before we filled it with furniture I would do my jigsaw on the floor! My neighbour climbed a ladder and took a picture when it was finished :lol:

Lol! I can just imagine your family trying to get around it and you yelling "don't stand there!!" :lol: I'd love to see the piccie if you can post it, H&D!

1- I'm a shameful chocoholic:blush:

2- I have about three boys who are just good mates at the moment :friends0:

3- I hate Basshunter :)

4- I have an interest in the Tudor period

5- My strongest subject is maths.