Gilmore Girls

frankie

I can't remember where we discussed Hyde, but it was very recently.

I know one of his brothers appeared as the guy who worked in the cheese shop with Jackie but maybe he has other brothers too. He was kind of cute too.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night I watched A-Tisket, A-Tasket and It Should've Been Lorelai. Both good, but I couldn't believe that Sookie accepts Jacksons proposal and then we haven't see any more about it so far! Where's the fast talking, squealing, jumping excitement I was expecting? I hope it comes up soon.

Sookie is one of my favourite characters, the mad, diversion of her ramblings, but always single minded focus on food! What's not to love? :smile2:

Favourite moment of last night though, was when Paris shows up unannounced at Rory's to prepare for the debate. The "WPM" and the issue with dairy, was funny, especially when she turns to Lorelai and accuses her of giving the cereal to Rory :lol:

And one final thought - I hated Sherry! I hope she isn't around too much.

Wow, you're really flying through those episodes Chesil!

It's really, really hard to pick a favourite character in GG because they're all brilliant. I think Paris is right up there for me. She's hilarious and brilliantly acted.

Sookie is adorable and I may have more to say on the marriage front once you get a bit further along. :)

I'm so glad to hear you're enjoying GG so much, Chesil! :D Paris is definitely my favorite character, she's absolutely hillarious and the actress who plays her is just perfect for the role!

Sherry isn't around TOO much but she does make a fair few appearences.

Are you guys fans of Grey's Anatomy? The girl who played Paris makes a really powerful appearance as a cancer patient in the most recent season. She's a very diverse actress, though its hard to get her as 'Paris' out of your head if you're a GG fan.

Are you guys fans of Grey's Anatomy? The girl who played Paris makes a really powerful appearance as a cancer patient in the most recent season. She's a very diverse actress, though its hard to get her as 'Paris' out of your head if you're a GG fan.

I don't really like Grey's, but I'll have to keep an eye out for her. I thought she had also appeared in the final episode of ER, or was that Rory?

Hey hey folks, I have great news. For my birthday I got some money from my grandma to buy some Gilmore Girls series'. I'm on it, I'm on it.. :yahoo:

Watched three episodes last night, Back in the Saddle Again, Teach Me Tonight, and Help Wanted.

Favourite bit of these has to be Kirk's home made short film that was shown at the movie festival - hilarious :lol:

I'm really starting to have favourite characters now. Obviously Lorelai and Rory are favourites, adore Paris, Luke and Sookie, and like Emily and Richard but I think Lane and her mother are quite irritating and could happily do without them. At the moment, I have to say I like Jess a lot, and Dean not so much.

Jess is far more interesting and an intellectual match for Rory, whereas Dean is cute and reliable, but so far I don't see how he and Rory would have stayed together for so long. I can't see what they would have to talk about, and I can't imagine even as a teenager Rory is the gooey eyed, "my boyfriend is so dreamy" kind of girl who could spend so much time with someone who seems to share so few interests and not be bored. If Dean stays around, I hope they develop the relationship between him and Rory and show why Rory likes him, because I just see "first boyfriend" stamped on his forehead, and ultimately expendable. Jess would be a much more interesting prospect.

I love this show, and I love the fact that there seems to be so many fans on here. Yay!

It's been a while since I saw the earlier episodes though and after reading a few of the more recent posts on this thread (I'll read the rest at a later date when I have more time) I'm tempted to watch it again, from the very beginning.

Yay! Great news Ben! biggrin.gif

Isn't it just Kylie? I'm waiting for the email in my inbox telling me they've been dispatched. I'm getting impatient.

I love this show, and I love the fact that there seems to be so many fans on here. Yay!

It's been a while since I saw the earlier episodes though and after reading a few of the more recent posts on this thread (I'll read the rest at a later date when I have more time) I'm tempted to watch it again, from the very beginning.

Welcome to our little GG fan club Ms Squiggles! It's great to have another fan with us.

Frankie mentioned that she was going to start watching the first series again this weekend, and I have decided to join her, so feel free to join in with us!

Frankie mentioned that she was going to start watching the first series again this weekend, and I have decided to join her, so feel free to join in with us!

Thanks. I'm actually working my way through the NCIS box sets at the moment, but as soon as I've finished them I'll make a start on the Gilmore Girls. It might mean having to watch numerous episodes back to back to catch up but that's not exactly a hardship!

On the contrary, it's more like a delightful treat watching episodes back to back, as opposed to a chore. I'm eagerly awaiting my DVDs still - I keep thinking they're taking ages but it's barely been three days yet.

Hey  Ms Squiggles, glad to have you on board! :)  Chesil, sorry but I cannot for the life of me remember, have you been part of the Rory Gilmore book list people on here? If not, I wonder how long it'll take you to join us :lol: I can't believe you're watching this series only for the first time because you have so many really perceptive thoughts about stuff. I don't want to pinpoint which things those are because I don't want to spoil anything for you. Also wanted to say that I'm sad to say Sookie, although she's really quirky and interesting and lovable, she is in the end just a 'sidekick' and we don't get to see her and Jackson and how they're relationship is evolving that much. A definite shame.

I'm surprised to hear there are so many Paris fans, the girl really gets on my nerves, if I were Rory I'd be wearing ear plugs whenever I was around Paris. Also agree with Chesil on the Lane and Mrs Kim thing, although I have to say, season 3 makes Lane all the more enjoyable to watch. I'm not telling why ;) 

What I love about the show, though, is the fact that even if some of the characters are annoying, they're still very special and all of them add up to the series. For example, I used to hate Michel but the further I watched the further I learned about him and what motivates him. He's one of my favorites now <3 

Edit: Kylie, don't kill me! I haven't had time to start watching GG yet, but only because I'm so hooked on Biggest Loser Australia. You do forgive me, don't you? Pretty please? :) I swear I'm going to start soon, the Bloser is coming to an end pretty shortly for me. 

Edit: Chesil, sorry if I'm missed it but any thoughts on Max? We've debated him before, whether we like him or not and it would be nice to hear your thoughts on him :D

Also: Wouldn't it be awesome if Alexis Bledel were to join the forum? I've read from one of her interviews that she's quite like Rory herself when it comes to books and she loves reading. 

Edited by frankie

Also: Wouldn't it be awesome if Alexis Bledel were to join the forum? I've read from one of her interviews that she's quite like Rory herself when it comes to books and she loves reading.

Maybe she already is... lurker.gif