Gilmore Girls

frankie

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd never even heard of it before this forum. I don't watch much drama on television, particularly not American drama (no offense), most of my viewing is limited to factual, documentary or comedy. After reading this thread, though, my interest was piqued, and I recently managed to find a reasonably priced DVD of series one which I started this afternoon. I'm already up to episode 5!

:clapping:Wonderful, Chesil!! You are indeed hooked then!

Aww, don't you just love Sookie, Loralei, Rory, Lane, Luke and the whole gang?! Do you have any fave moments so far? I love seeing that very first pilot episode when things look so different than the rest of the series.

I loved it when Rory arrived late for the big Shakespeare test and totally lost it with the teacher and the other kids in class!

That was an awesome moment. It was unlike Rory when she did that, but I was so proud of her. :D I'm thrilled that we've converted another person to Gilmore Girls. The show just gets better and better Chesil.

I want to go back & watch season 1 again now, I'm watching on E4 so I've lost track of what series we're on but Rory has just started at Yale. I'm loving this show even more the second time round :)

New favourite scene - Lorelai and Rory visit Harvard where Rory sees one of the libraries for the first time ...

RORY: I’m a failure. I am stupid. I am uniformed and ignorant and… I can’t even think of a second synonym for uninformed. I suck. Thirteen million volumes? I’ve read like, what, three hundred books in my entire life and I’m already sixteen? Do you know how long it would take me to read thirteen million books?

LORELAI: But honey, you don’t have to read every one of them.Tuesdays with Morrie? Skip that. Who Moved My Cheese? Just stuff you already know.

Chesilbeach, you weren't kidding, you're truly a fan now and there's no going back :D I'm so happy we've converted another one, Team GG! Chesil, don't you just hate all the moments when Luke's watching Lorelai and just swooning over her, but she doesn't seem to know anything about it? Luke's one of my all time top fave characters <3

Frankie, I'm absolutely hooked! Luke breaks my heart, all the bravado to hide his feelings from Lorelai while she sometimes unknowingly, sometimes wilfully tries to ignore those looks and keep him as a close friend. Just watched another episode, "Secrets and Loans" (loved the exchanges between Paris and Rory as Paris tries to wangle Rory's PSAT scores out of her :lol:) and will probably watch another later tonight.

My daily update seems to becoming a regular feature ... I did indeed watch another episode last night, but fortunately, popped into the shops this evening and got myself series 3 and 4 DVD boxsets, so now don't need to pace myself quite so much!

My daily update seems to becoming a regular feature ... I did indeed watch another episode last night, but fortunately, popped into the shops this evening and got myself series 3 and 4 DVD boxsets, so now don't need to pace myself quite so much!

I would not hold it against you should you make a daily commentary about the episodes you've been watching during the day, it's always so much fun to think back on the great episodes and hear how the 'new' fans are relating to it and what they think about it :D By the way, loving your new avatar :lol: Keep it up Chesil!!

I started watching the episodes from season 1 maybe 3-4 months ago and got as far as season 2 but stopped watching it for some reason or another. Lately I've been thinking a lot about starting to watch the series again, from the very start and I just have to do it. I love it. I love it when Rory was still such an innocent young girl and all. Dean <3 And everything. 

Frankie, if you're going to start all over again, let me know and I just might join you. I'm currently working my way through all 8 seasons of That 70s Show. I'm up to S6 but I can slow down on watching them to pick up GG again. :D

Well consider yourself warned, Kylie, because I was thinking about starting GG from scratch this weekend ;) That 70s show is a good one as well, although not something that I religiously watch. I seriously fancy that one guy in it, not Ashton Kutcher or that 'main character boy', but the one with the curly hair :D 

Well consider yourself warned, Kylie, because I was thinking about starting GG from scratch this weekend ;) That 70s show is a good one as well, although not something that I religiously watch. I seriously fancy that one guy in it, not Ashton Kutcher or that 'main character boy', but the one with the curly hair :D

Great! I don't have any plans this weekend so GG it is!

That's Hyde. I really fancy him too, and so does Peacefield.:smile2:

Cool, GG weekend ! :) 

Awww, Hyde.... :blush: You've got some great taste in men. I wonder, though, why I haven't heard peace is swooning over him as well :lol: These things rarely escape me. The actor who plays Hyde is by the way a brother of another actor, but I can't remember who. I remember fancying him as well, eventhough can't remember him now :lol: