Gilmore Girls

frankie

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks goodness for that! I was starting to get worried I might have a problem ;)

You don't have a 'problem' until you start naming your pillow 'Luke' and your invisible friends 'Rory and 'Lorelai' :)

Glad you're enjoying it so much! Kirk is just the funniest! I can't remember if season 4 has the episode with all of the Poes or not, but that one is one of my favorites!

Listen to Chrissy, Chesil! Washing is wayyy down on the list of priorities when it comes to watching more GG episodes :lol:.

I couldn't stand Digger either, ugh. I even disliked him more than I disliked Max, and that's a lot! I'm glad you're enjoying the episodes so much though!! That show is one in a million :smile2:.

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god. I'm on the last episode of series four!!!!

Oh my god - Dean and Rory!!! Oh my god - Luke and Lorelai!!!

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!

Plus the comedy -

Lorelai's clumsiness in the diner, then bumping into the door, then Kirk's night terrors

laugh.gif

I absolutely love Lorelai's clumsiness in that episode. It's nice to see she's not completely unflappable.

I was so disappointed in Rory in that episode, and the way she behaves afterwards towards Lorelai.

The BCF 'GG Extraction Unit' is on it's way. cool.gif

They will convince you to watch only one more episode tonight, and to leave the washing up until tomorrow.

Heck, I hope you're not expecting me to be a part of the BCF GGEU. I heartily recommend skipping work and all household chores until you've finished all 7 seasons. :D

You don't have a 'problem' until you start naming your pillow 'Luke' and your invisible friends 'Rory and 'Lorelai' :)

I know I have a problem with GG because every other sentence I speak to my friend seems to start with 'That reminds me of a time in Gilmore Girls when...' :smile2:

Ok, so I just managed to do the washing up in record time, so I'm just going to sneak in one more episode before bed.

Are you sure you don't want to sneak in two more? :wink:

Are you sure you don't want to sneak in two more? :wink:

Good job I didn't see your response before I went to bed Kylie - you might just have convinced me! :lol:

I'm so pleased that

Luke and Lorelai are going to get together - it had better last! Now if only Jess and Rory could sort themselves out, I'll be happy (somehow, that seems very unlikely though :().

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god. I'm on the last episode of series four!!!!

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!

Plus the comedy -

Lorelai's clumsiness in the diner, then bumping into the door, then Kirk's night terrors

laugh.gif

I have just watched this very episode on E4! It works so well. The timing throughout is impeccable, jaw droppingly so. What an ending! It also has lost nothing through a re-watch ~ it is just as good and startling as when I first saw it. :)

Ooh, it's good to know where E4 are with the repeats. I'm struggling to get hold of series 6 at the moment, and series 7 isn't out on DVD until the end of the month, so I may well be able to watch them on E4 if I can't get the DVDs. Although it would be a struggle to just watch one per day! :lol:

Ooh, it's good to know where E4 are with the repeats. I'm struggling to get hold of series 6 at the moment, and series 7 isn't out on DVD until the end of the month, so I may well be able to watch them on E4 if I can't get the DVDs. Although it would be a struggle to just watch one per day! :lol:

Have you seen the episode where Rory goes off to college yet? Its really hillarious! I LOVE their food ordering habits! laugh.gif

Have you seen the episode where Rory goes off to college yet? Its really hillarious! I LOVE their food ordering habits! laugh.gif

Yes, I've seen that one - it was really funny! laugh.gif

Just watching the one where

Dean and Rory and Luke and Lorelai double date

with Rory and Lorelai sing the theme tune to Pippi Longstocking (the water I was drinking got sprayed everywhere at the at point blush.gif)

One of my favorite Paris scenes was when they got drunk off the punch at some Star's Hollow event and Paris went looking for a pay phone to call her boyfriend but didn't have any change so she was asking people on the street and making farting noises at the ones who ignored her. laugh.gif I love Paris!

I think I've seen that episode only once or twice and that was ages ago, but I do remember finding it really funny. Weren't all the girls (Rory, Paris, and Lane) kind of having boy trouble and all were drunk? And didn't Rory confiscate Paris's cell phone so she wouldn't be calling Doyle? :lol:

Nine episodes into series four - absolutely detest Jason (Digger) Stiles.

Ugh!! You're welcome to join our Digger hating ranks. We are plenty and we are armed!

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!

Plus the comedy -

laugh.gif

:lol: Your post made me grin like a village idiot! I can sooo imagine what you must've felt like watching those spoiler moments!!

I couldn't stand Digger either, ugh. I even disliked him more than I disliked Max, and that's a lot! I'm glad you're enjoying the episodes so much though!! That show is one in a million :smile2:.

At least Max was not ugly to look at and not greasy and didn't have a dog who only sat there doing nothing. Digger is like the scum of the scum. Max was at least witty at times. Max is a decent guy (even if he's totally not suited for Lorelai), Digger's just bad news all around.

At least Max was not ugly to look at and not greasy and didn't have a dog who only sat there doing nothing. Digger is like the scum of the scum. Max was at least witty at times. Max is a decent guy (even if he's totally not suited for Lorelai), Digger's just bad news all around.

True. Digger was just downright gross, and at least Max liked coffee and was more clever than Digger. I still didn't like him though, mostly because I thought it was lame Lorelai even went out with one of Rory's teachers in the first place, and let's face it, Luke is the only guy for Lorelai!

True. Digger was just downright gross, and at least Max liked coffee and was more clever than Digger. I still didn't like him though, mostly because I thought it was lame Lorelai even went out with one of Rory's teachers in the first place, and let's face it, Luke is the only guy for Lorelai!

Right you are!! :yes:

As I was watching the first episodes of season 1 some time ago, I was mesmerized by Luke's eyes and I started to wonder if he has particularly long eye lashes, that usually helps. Anyone else notice?

I think I've seen that episode only once or twice and that was ages ago, but I do remember finding it really funny. Weren't all the girls (Rory, Paris, and Lane) kind of having boy trouble and all were drunk? And didn't Rory confiscate Paris's cell phone so she wouldn't be calling Doyle? :lol:

That would be correct! I loved Doyle too, he was absolutely hillarious (and perfect for Paris) in every way!

The guy who plays Luke has been on a couple of other TV shows since GG's demise but none of them have lasted very long, and to be honest, it wasn't the same watching him act in something else because he is just 'Luke'.

Phew! I'm glad I'm not alone about Digger biggrin.gif

Have to agree as well that Luke is the ONLY guy for Lorelai :lol: Perfectly suited.

Just about to watch the end of You Jump, I Jump Jack which I got rudely interrupted while watching last night (and then couldn't keep my eyes open long enough to finish before bed, due to extended late night watching the previous night rolleyes.gif)

Have to watch and see! wink.gif

I'm just watching it on TV right now and the episode where Doyle and Paris are learning how to do martial arts because of the 'Do Whopp' group downstairs is on. laugh.gif

Edited by CaliLily

• 2 weeks later...

I'm struggling to get hold of a reasonably priced copy of series 6, and series 7 isn't out on DVD until next week, but I'm still hoping I'll be able to pick them both up not too expensively soon. I've run out of new episodes to watch at the moment, so I'm concentrating on the books on the Rory Gilmore Book Challenge instead for now.

Watching episode... 18 or 19 or so, from season 1, and what what what!! Lorelai just compared her blind date Roon to Boo Radley!!! How dare she :(

Gotta rememeber that Lorelai isn't the book worm *sigh* (wish she was too, a mom and daughter bookworm show would be cool!)

There was one scene after Lorelai and Rory 'got back together' where she was reading off stuff she had written on random stuff like wrappers and post-its during their seperation. One of the notes was something like "Started reading Beowulf" and Rory got excited because she had been trying to get her to read Beowulf for years, then Lorelai read the next one on that note and it said "5 minutes later- Stopped reading Beowulf" mocking.gif That one always makes me laugh for some reason.

Oh, and the note about Kirk doing Tai Chi. mocking.gif

Gotta rememeber that Lorelai isn't the book worm *sigh* (wish she was too, a mom and daughter bookworm show would be cool!)

There was one scene after Lorelai and Rory 'got back together' where she was reading off stuff she had written on random stuff like wrappers and post-its during their seperation. One of the notes was something like "Started reading Beowulf" and Rory got excited because she had been trying to get her to read Beowulf for years, then Lorelai read the next one on that note and it said "5 minutes later- Stopped reading Beowulf" mocking.gif That one always makes me laugh for some reason.

Oh, and the note about Kirk doing Tai Chi. mocking.gif

Oh yeah, I forgot her literary tastes are somewhat different from Rory's. For example she was enjoying the heck out of Mötley Crüe's biography, which is totally gross. On the other hand she only managed to finish one sentence from that Marcel Proust novel. (Not that I'm saying that's an easy one and everyone should be able to read it...)

I've been watching the show a lot these last few days and there's so much to the story I'd forgotten, wonderful quirky scenes and witty dialogue. I'll never grow tired of the show. And it's so wonderful to hear about all the novels that are on the Rory lists, makes me want to read more :D

Abby, I can imagine Rory's excitement, and disappointment! Too bad I've only seen that season once and can't really remember anything about it. Seasons 6&7 are a complete blur for me. Well except for the certain relationship stuff.

I'm struggling to get hold of a reasonably priced copy of series 6, and series 7 isn't out on DVD until next week, but I'm still hoping I'll be able to pick them both up not too expensively soon. I've run out of new episodes to watch at the moment, so I'm concentrating on the books on the Rory Gilmore Book Challenge instead for now.

Season 6 is available on both Amazon (dispatched within 10 to 11 days) and Play.com (dispatched within 24 hours) for £9.99 at the moment. Season 7 is under £20 at the moment too.