Gilmore Girls

frankie

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

laugh.gif You guys are too funny! That would be cool if she were here though. She's really great in The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants, as well. You can just tell that she'd be fun to hang out with in person. :)

If anyone wants I found a list of all the episodes with a little synopsis of each:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Gilmore_Girls_episodes

Just put on They Shoot Gilmore's, Don't They? - the opening shot already has me excited! Always wanted to go to a 24 hour dance marathon.

I think this is one of my favourite episodes ever. I recently read the book that the episode was named after, called They Shoot Horses, Don't They? by Horace McCoy. It's also about a dance marathon and is quite a good read.

I love all the quirky little festivals and events that Stars Hollow has. There's an episode called The Festival of Living Art, which is also awesome.

I can't believe you're watching this series only for the first time because you have so many really perceptive thoughts about stuff. I don't want to pinpoint which things those are because I don't want to spoil anything for you.

I've been thinking that too while I've been reading Chesil's posts. smile.gif

I'm surprised to hear there are so many Paris fans, the girl really gets on my nerves, if I were Rory I'd be wearing ear plugs whenever I was around Paris.

Aww, but Paris has some of the best lines! She is just so crazy and far-out that she makes me laugh.

Edit: Kylie, don't kill me! I haven't had time to start watching GG yet, but only because I'm so hooked on Biggest Loser Australia. You do forgive me, don't you? Pretty please? :) I swear I'm going to start soon, the Bloser is coming to an end pretty shortly for me.

Well, I'm still hooked on That 70s Show, so I can't really complain. smile2.gif Maybe we should put it off another week or two.

Maybe I'm Alexis Bledel.. :ontome:

haha.gif I think you're such an amazing actor, Alexis, having thought up that whole other life of being at school in England and playing bowls on weekends. I fell for it hook, line and sinker. ;)

Chesil, sorry but I cannot for the life of me remember, have you been part of the Rory Gilmore book list people on here? If not, I wonder how long it'll take you to join us :lol:

I have looked at it, and might read some books along with you at times, but haven't really committed to it! Maybe I will - is there a full list somewhere?

I can't believe you're watching this series only for the first time because you have so many really perceptive thoughts about stuff. I don't want to pinpoint which things those are because I don't want to spoil anything for you. Also wanted to say that I'm sad to say Sookie, although she's really quirky and interesting and lovable, she is in the end just a 'sidekick' and we don't get to see her and Jackson and how they're relationship is evolving that much. A definite shame.

That's probably ok with me, as I think she could get annoying if there was too much focus on her, but I did wish there'd been more of a build up to her wedding.

I'm surprised to hear there are so many Paris fans, the girl really gets on my nerves, if I were Rory I'd be wearing ear plugs whenever I was around Paris. Also agree with Chesil on the Lane and Mrs Kim thing, although I have to say, season 3 makes Lane all the more enjoyable to watch. I'm not telling why ;)

I think I like Paris so much because she's a bit how I see myself - a brave face on an insecure inside, just to the extreme! I'll wait to be convinced on Lane, but I'm not holding my breath so far ;)

What I love about the show, though, is the fact that even if some of the characters are annoying, they're still very special and all of them add up to the series. For example, I used to hate Michel but the further I watched the further I learned about him and what motivates him. He's one of my favorites now <3

Absolutely agree - Kirk would be my example of that! Michel makes me laugh, but Kirk is both annoying and hilarious in equal measures :lol:

Chesil, sorry if I'm missed it but any thoughts on Max? We've debated him before, whether we like him or not and it would be nice to hear your thoughts on him :D

I like him as a character

but don't think he's right for Lorelai and was glad that she came to her senses and called off the wedding.

Now for my daily update (although I'll probably have to do another one today at the rate I'm getting through series three today :smile2:)

Couldn't be happier that Rory has got together with Jess - they are infinitely more suited that Rory and Dean

. Just watching That'll Do, Pig and loved Trix's whirlwind viewing of Lorelai and Rory's house :lol:

Edited by chesilbeach

I love all the quirky little festivals and events that Stars Hollow has. There's an episode called The Festival of Living Art, which is also awesome.

Here here! And that one gal really kept her cool, playing that woman in the portrait, all the while when the cell phone kept ringing ;) You know what I'm talking about. 

Aww, but Paris has some of the best lines! She is just so crazy and far-out that she makes me laugh.

She does have excellent stuff coming out of her mind but I think she's such a perfectionist, overachiever, neurotic person and I hate the way she keeps coming at Rory all the time. I do love her when she has her epiphanies every now and then and  shows  the more softer side to her :) 

Well, I'm still hooked on That 70s Show, so I can't really complain. smile2.gif Maybe we should put it off another week or two.

:lol: Of course you should say that now that I've just bought pizza and made a pan of coffee all Gilmore Girl -style and am about to start watching the pilot!! Well worry not, you start when you have the time, I'm sure you'll catch up soon because I do have like 20 more episodes of Bloser to watch :) No hurries no worries!

Edited by frankie

See, I wait 10 minutes and I have to do another update already! Lorelai and her parents and Trix are eating at the Inn and Sookie comes out to meet them - when she describes how she tore the back of her jacket, I'd just taken a bite on my sandwich and I nearly choked with laughter :lol:

See, I wait 10 minutes and I have to do another update already!  Lorelai and her parents and Trix are eating at the Inn and Sookie comes out to meet them - when she describes how she tore the back of her jacket, I'd just taken a bite on my sandwich and I nearly choked with laughter :lol:

:lol: Earlier when you were talking about how much you like Sookie I immediately remembered what's my favorite Sookie moment and it's always been that particular scene you've just described, it's just so hilarious :lol: One time I watched that episode I just had to rewind and watch that epic moment 2-3 times   :D

Edited by frankie

:lol: Earlier when you were talking about how much you like Sookie I immediately remembered what's my favorite Sookie moment and it's always been that particular scene you've just described, it's just so hilarious :lol: One time I watched that episode I just had to rewind and watch that epic moment 2-3 times :D

Wouldn't you love to see the bloopers from when they were shooting that scene? That took some skill to spin around like that! laugh.gif

One of my favorite Paris scenes was when they got drunk off the punch at some Star's Hollow event and Paris went looking for a pay phone to call her boyfriend but didn't have any change so she was asking people on the street and making farting noises at the ones who ignored her. laugh.gif I love Paris!

I just spotted this on wordpress about a possible GG film. Not sure what I think really, maybe it should be left where it is.

I think if it was done right (sort of like how Sex and the City made a good, successful movie after the series had ended with the ORIGINAL cast) it would be great! I'd love to have a bit of closure as the final season just sort of fell flat for me.

One of my favorite Paris scenes was when they got drunk off the punch at some Star's Hollow event and Paris went looking for a pay phone to call her boyfriend but didn't have any change so she was asking people on the street and making farting noises at the ones who ignored her. laugh.gif I love Paris!

That's definitely one of my favourite Paris scenes too! I crack up laughing when she does it. She does it so unexpectedly and so naturally. I kind of wonder if it was ad-libbed. :)

I fear I can't wait any longer.. if all six series' are not here by tomorrow, I will cry.

I know how you feel! I bought series 3 and 4 last week thinking that would last me a few weeks so that I could source the next couple in that time, but I'm already starting series 4 now, and panicking I might not be able to get hold of 5 and 6 for a while, and even worse, I looked on amazon today and found out that series 7 isn't even out on DVD until the end of the month eek.gif

And, what will I do when I've watched them all ... I suspect I'll just have to start from the beginning again ;)

There is a website where someone has written scripts for season 8, and I think they're supposed to be pretty good. I have the site bookmarked at home so I'll post the link later.

I could never understand what Lorelai saw in Digger. They were so ill-suited. I know she kind of did it to annoy her parents, but there was obviously something there because it went for a while.

:lol: Love the marzipan scene.

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god. I'm on the last episode of series four!!!!

Oh my god - Dean and Rory!!! Oh my god - Luke and Lorelai!!!

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!

Plus the comedy -

Lorelai's clumsiness in the diner, then bumping into the door, then Kirk's night terrors

laugh.gif

Ok, not to worry, we can get you through this.

The BCF 'GG Extraction Unit' is on it's way. cool.gif

They will convince you to watch only one more episode tonight, and to leave the washing up until tomorrow.

They are that good! :D