Gilmore Girls

frankie

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's one of the joys of TGG, it is totally and utterly re watchable. :friends0:

A random episode can be on tv and I will really enjoy watching it, however many times I've seen it. Other shows such as Frends or Will & Grace I have to want to see that episode otherwise I just won't bother.

I've just finished blubbing my way through the last few episodes of the series. It ended so quickly but it was good for all that. I eventually grew to like Logan a lot more (sorry Frankie!) and there were some really touching moments (Lorelai doing karaoke :friends0:, Richard and Lorelai, Luke and Lorelai etc).

Miss Patty seemed to lose a lot of weight in the last season or two, and I noticed that all the Stars Hollows characters appeared much less frequently, which was a little sad. Still, the last episode was great.

I noticed in the graduation episode that Rory was called Lorelai Lee Gilmore. Lorelai Lee is also the name of the main character in a book I bought recently by Anita Loos called Gentlemen Prefer Blondes. Unless this is a huge coincidence, I'm guessing that this is where Rory got her name. If that's the case, I'm a little surprised that this book isn't on the Rory List.

Oh, and here's a great exchange between Sookie and Jackson that I wanted to share. Sookie has just brought Jackson over to Lorelai's to stay for a couple of days so he doesn't catch chicken pox off his kids:

SOOKIE: You are absolutely not to make yourself at home. Don't leave your clothes lying all over the house.

JACKSON: I won't.

SOOKIE: Wipe your shoes off if you go outside and come back in.

JACKSON: I will.

SOOKIE: Don't leave them laying around in the middle of the room or anywhere where they can be smelled.

JACKSON: Sookie.

SOOKIE: Just don't touch anything, and hang up your wet towels.

JACKSON: I have stayed at other people's houses before.

SOOKIE: I know. Why do you think I'm saying all of this? And just try not to annoy Lorelai.

JACKSON: Believe it or not, I don't try to annoy other people.

SOOKIE: Well congratulations, because you have a natural talent.

JACKSON: Sookie!

:friends0:

• 3 weeks later...

I've skimmed a few posts so as not to pick up any little spoilers! Well I've reached the end of season one, and what can I cay? Amazon just can't send me season two fast enough :blush: I almost shed some happy tears at the end of last episode :tong: What a great show.

I've just recently bought the first 5 seasons off of Amazon as they were such great prices - I'd heard such good things about the show I thought I'd snap them up. I haven't actually started watching them yet though, but after reading a few of the posts in this thread I'll think I'll make a start on Season 1 at the weekend.

I'm so jealous Abby! I wish I could see them for the first time again. :smile2:

They are something different. Great characters, laughter, tears, frustration, fabulous cultural references, family dramas, friendships, love, community.....it has the lot!

Enjoy.

Like arewenearlythere, I love the copious amounts of witty banter! I love Sookie and Lane. All the characters are fantastic.

I just put Gilmore Girls into google (to check I'd spelled the characters names correctly) and I think I spied some major spoilers! :smile2: Argh, forget forget forget!

Don't worry too much about knowing in advance, because the way things play out is really the appeal, not the events themselves. :lol:

Yeah, that's what I thought Chrissy. The info still shocked me a bit though!

Season two was delivered today :smile2: Abby, I think there's seven.

Ooh, that would be great if you could find it! I don't remember seeing that.

That reminds me of an episode of How I Met Your Mother, when Barney (of Doogie Howser fame) ended an episode by typing his thoughts, just like he used to do on Doogie Howser MD.

That reminds me of an episode of How I Met Your Mother, when Barney (of Doogie Howser fame) ended an episode by typing his thoughts, just like he used to do on Doogie Howser MD.

There was also mention made recently of the high quality of acting from the child actors in the 80's! :) I loved Doogie, but I adore Barney!

The current GG series being shown in the UK is the last, and despite knowing where it will go I am on tenterhooks. Love this show! :D

Haha thanks for that, arewenearlythere :lol: I don't watch Supernatural but that was a good one! By the way, those of you who watch Supernatural, do you enjoy Padalecki's character and do you think he's as hot as Dean is in GG? Or is there a difference?

Hmm, he's by far the more sensitive of the two brothers, so I guess he is a little like Dean in that respect. The banter between Dean and Sam is just excellent. They are very funny to watch and I think this contributes to Sam being a really good character. He's much more enjoyable to watch, both as a character and because I think he has gotten better looking with time. :lol:

I was watching an episode from season two last night and there were a couple of bits that really made me LOL.

Jess (aka Peter Petrelli!) has just arrived and is being a right :D The bit that got me was when Luke pushed him in the lake :D I wasn't expecting it! And from the same episode, Luke's panicking and saying he doesn't like kids 'cause they always have jam on their hands - 'jam hands'! Love it :irked:

:D I don't know but the timing was absolutely perfect!

I do enjoy Luke's rants too, and jam hands - is not only brilliant but true. Kids really do tend to have sticky hands, which most of the time is probably jam :irked: Genius! You can't fault the writing on that show!

Yep, who else is that hilarious when they rant but Luke?! :D

I bought the soundtrack for Crazy Heart the other day and was so happy when I heard the song 'Reflecting Light' by Sam Philips. I remember that song so well because they played it when Luke and Lorelai danced, awww. Of course I can't remember where they danced, was it at

Liz and CJ's wedding reception?

Such a great song though! :irked: