Gilmore Girls

frankie

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it, I think my way of doing it is more pathetic, CaliLily's idea would make more sense! Although I do have to pause for a minute every now and then to comment, we could never totally synchronize :) And getting through one episode might take a couple of hours!

I'm always scared of eating cookie dough - all that raw egg business you know, yuck.

I love it when Rory enlists Lorelai's help to figure out what to wear when Dean comes over. She calls herself 'gross' :).

I remember from my trip to London whenever I asked for water when I was in a shop or out to eat, they asked if I wanted 'still' water. I don't remember, but do you guys have carbonated water? We have some form of that here and I hate it. Any flavored or fizzy water is not for me.

I'll need to check out the CW website for episodes, CaliLily. I only own the first season like Frankie.

Raw cookie dough sounds a little weird, although I'd probably be tempted to try it one day.

I hate sparkling water too, Piecefield. There's just something so wrong about it. It weirds me out.

We have a lot of bottled water here, but I only buy it if I'm out and in need of a drink. Then I'll take the bottle home to refill with tap water. I have about a dozen bottles in my fridge on constant rotation. I prefer the taste of bottled water, but I don't mind drinking tap water all the time.

I like it when Lorelai tries to give Rory and Dean time alone and Rory freaks out and goes to Lorelai in the kitchen and demands that she comes back out. But they have to plan it carefully so they don't go back in at the same time. :)

I feel like I've been watching Gilmore Girls non-stop for a few weeks as well and I'm only halfway through season 5. But I love that there is so much to watch. :)

I'm currently watching the episode where Emily and Richard get remarried. Lots of stuff happening in this one!

I'm always scared of eating cookie dough - all that raw egg business you know, yuck.

Quite understandable.

I remember from my trip to London whenever I asked for water when I was in a shop or out to eat, they asked if I wanted 'still' water. I don't remember, but do you guys have carbonated water? We have some form of that here and I hate it. Any flavored or fizzy water is not for me.

Yeah we have carbonated water, where ever they sell water they also sell carbonated. I hate it, I'm always doublechecking the water bottles to see that it's really the still version I'm buying. I made the mistake of buying carbonated once by accident, don't want that to happen again! I know a lot of people though who do like carbonated and buy it often. BF for example. He likes to try out new flavors of carbonated water too (yeah, can you believe it? It's carbonated water, and yet they've started adding flavors). It's like, if you want your drink carbonated but also with a flavor, buy a normal soda would you? :)

Raw cookie dough sounds a little weird, although I'd probably be tempted to try it one day.

In the name of Gilmore, you must!

I like it when Lorelai tries to give Rory and Dean time alone and Rory freaks out and goes to Lorelai in the kitchen and demands that she comes back out. But they have to plan it carefully so they don't go back in at the same time. :lol:

Yep, they arrange it so that Lorelai goes first and Rory'll be taking a trip to the bathroom to wash her face. Dean says a bit later that Rory's taking an awful long time in the can and Lorelai comments ”she's a perfectionist”.

I kind of understand Lorelai but I also get annoyed with her when she uses that time to give Dean a lecture. I'm so glad Dean takes it like a man and is smart enough to say that he needs Lorelai to like him because otherwise he won't have a shot in hell with Rory. I get annoyed yet again when Lorelai simply says I want to like you. I mean come on, what's so bad with Dean? Haven't you just spend a night with him, he knows Willy Wonka and knew about Gene Wilder and corrected the cashier at the store when she said Gene Hackman? I think it's so funny that Lorelai thinks he's all bad boy, when Dean is actually the good one and Jess is only somewhere in the future. Kudos to Dean for standing up to her.

:lol: I just got a terrific quote. Lane and Rory are sitting in the bookshop talking about sex:

Lane: Is it great?

Rory: Is what great?

Lane: Sex! Is it great?

Rory: *looking horrified* Not in front of the books, Lane!

(As in, 'don't mention it in front of the books'; I'm not sure if it came through properly in written form :)).

:D I just got a terrific quote. Lane and Rory are sitting in the bookshop talking about sex:

(As in, 'don't mention it in front of the books'; I'm not sure if it came through properly in written form :)).

It's obvious for anyone who knows Rory :D She'd cover all the books' ears if she could :lol:

That reminded me of a situation last night: Rory got kissed and ran to Lane's house to tell her. When she said "Oh my god he kissed me!" Lane's mum happened to be close and heard it and asked "Who kissed you?" and Lane went "The Lord, mama" :lol:

Maybe I'll buy one in a smaller size and leave it where I can see it, so it gives me motivation to lose weight! :)

Ooh, I just found where I can get them in Australia, and in a variety of colours and designs.

That's the same site I found. ;) I went back to look at the GG episode where Rory is wearing the shirt, and she's wearing a yellow version with dark green around the collar/sleeves. Zazzle has these 'ringer' t-shirts, but not in that colour combination. :)

So I'm thinking either plain yellow or green. I think I'll go with green, even though Rory had yellow.

Ooh, I just noticed another bookish t-shirt there. It says 'Books are good' and has a picture of a bookshelf with books. I'll have to keep looking around there and see what else they have. :lol:

I was just watching the episode where old Twickham dies and they turn his house into a museum. Rory, Lane and Paris get drunk on punch and Paris ends up walking around Stars Hollow barefoot begging for change so she can ring Doyle. It's hilarious when she starts blowing raspberries and gesturing at people. :);)

Have you ever seen Paris (Liza Weil) in an interview? She's interviewed in one of the extras and she seems really sweet and shy in real life, the complete opposite of her character! I think Paris is one of the best characters in the show, and definitely one of my favourites. :lol:

:) I just got a terrific quote. Lane and Rory are sitting in the bookshop talking about sex:

(As in, 'don't mention it in front of the books'; I'm not sure if it came through properly in written form :lol:).

Perfect moment ;)

I was just watching the episode where old Twickham dies and they turn his house into a museum. Rory, Lane and Paris get drunk on punch and Paris ends up walking around Stars Hollow barefoot begging for change so she can ring Doyle. It's hilarious when she starts blowing raspberries and gesturing at people. :);)

Have you ever seen Paris (Liza Weil) in an interview? She's interviewed in one of the extras and she seems really sweet and shy in real life, the complete opposite of her character! I think Paris is one of the best characters in the show, and definitely one of my favourites. :lol:

Last season in Grey's Anatomy she played a cancer patient in the hospital and it was so weird to see her play such a different character. Her GA one was very insightful and peaceful as opposed to Paris (ah, how do you truely describe Paris?)

I love that episode Kylie! Her raspberries always make me laugh :D

That is a great quote Anisia! lol!

I'm watching Rory's first formal dance episode. I've loved watching how Emily and Lorelai are getting along so well, how Emily said she was glad Lorelai decided to buy the dress after all, and how she complimented Lorelai after hearing that she'd actually made it herself. The mashed banana bread looked awful but they both tried it :lol:

I also love the fact that Rory brought a book to the dance :D When she was buying the tickets she was reading in line, I think it was Mary McCarthy's novel The Group.

Aw, that's one of the nicest moments between Emily and Lorelai. And that episode is a classic example of where they start to get along and then things go horribly wrong.

I don't think I've ever been able to read the title of that book. You rock, Frankie! :lol:

I'm nearing the end of season 5. Mitchum has just destroyed Rory's dreams and now's she in jail. It's all downhill from here for a little while! I hate this period where Rory and Lorelai aren't on speaking terms. :D