Gilmore Girls

frankie

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked Rachel. I thought she was pretty cool. I just don't like her as much as Lorelai. :lol:

Rory and Lorelai have reunited, but April is now in the picture. :lol:

Rachel is fine in her own right, but as she's a threat to Lorelai, I cannot stand her :lol:

I had to think real hard and long who this April was and then I remembered her. She's nice, and an okay twist to the story but I know where it's heading so can't be too happy about that either.

Remember Kylie when ages ago I asked you about your avatar and then told you I'd seen that pic in April's bedroom, she had a poster or a painting of it on the wall? Now you can start looking for it :D I think she was on the phone with Luke when I saw the pic.

Ooh, I'll definitely look out for it. Hmm, only a couple of hours before bedtime and I had planned on watching the cricket and reading/doing some work. But now I want to drop all those plans and watch GG! Man it's addictive isn't it?

I think I said I'd wait for you to catch up with me Frankie so we could watch the episodes together, but I'm afraid I've kept watching them because I just can't wait to get to the next episode, and then the next, and so on. Sorry :lol: I'll probably re-watch them again with you anyway. :D

Ooh, I'll definitely look out for it. Hmm, only a couple of hours before bedtime and I had planned on watching the cricket and reading/doing some work. But now I want to drop all those plans and watch GG! Man it's addictive isn't it?

I think it was in one of the later episodes when she's gotten all comfortable with Luke (I love it how they get over the awkwardness of the situations and how different in character they are, and start getting along like a house on fire :lol:), but you never know you might see it in other episodes as well. Anyway, pretty addictive stuff it it, I agree :)

I think I said I'd wait for you to catch up with me Frankie so we could watch the episodes together, but I'm afraid I've kept watching them because I just can't wait to get to the next episode, and then the next, and so on. Sorry :lol: I'll probably re-watch them again with you anyway. :D

That's quite alright, I think I said that I could start watching from the third season because I'm so familiar with the seasons 1+2, that way I could've caught up with you, but I just couldn't resist watching it from the start :lol: Oh I think I've forgotten to mention that I ordered season 2+3 from play.com (really cheap!!) and I'm expecting them to arrive this week! :)

So I couldn't help myself and just watched two more eps. :lol: :lol:

I'm about halfway through season 6...getting near the end of the series. :lol: (Well OK, I have 1 and a half seasons to go, but it's not enough!)

I'm so excited for you to get the next 2 seasons so you can relive it all again. :D

I wanted to make a mention of how much I like Michel. He is such a grump all the time, but I love when he lets his guard down a little and becomes a softy. :welcome:

Like the time he was really upset when he thought Lorelai and Sookie had forgotten about him after the inn had burned down.

And when Rory came back after her break from Yale, he walked into the room and when he saw her he his face positively lit up.

And one more: Michel spent a whole episode being really rude to Luke while he was helping Lorelai out with repairs around the inn. We eventually find out that he's so upset because he really treasures a time with Lorelai when they have afternoon tea and make a list together of all the jobs that need to be done. He was so upset that he didn't get to spend that time with Lorelai making lists. Aww...:)

I agree, Michel is a gem! To the untrained non-Gilmore eye he's just a rude Frenchie who still manages to hold his job at the Inn for reasons that no one understands, but the dedicated fans know there's so much more to him! I loved those moments that you mentioned Kylie, it's always so much fun to catch Michel off his guard :D

I'm on to the second season already, Lorelai and Rory are taking a roadtrip you know why. Oh Luke build a chuppah! <3 It was soooo nice to see Sookie telling the latest news to Luke who'd been sad and irritable, and who was laying it down on poor Kirk. After he heard the news he was so happy, and he stated that today the coffee's on the house :D

Blame away :D It's a very informative show so there's no harm in watching it! :lol: I just learnt that Harvard's library has 13,000,000 volume collection and it's housed in 90 different libraries and it's the largest academic library in the world. Rory got really upset, she's only read like 300 books in her life and she's already 16, how is she ever going to have the time to read 13 million books? :lol: Lorelai told her she doesn't have to read them all, she could skip Tuesdays with Morrie and Who Moved My Cheese?. Now, does that mean we should also take them off our booklist? Shoot, I've already read Tuesdays with Morrie :(

When the girls came back to Stars Hollow, the news had spread. When Kirk saw their car approaching he spread out his hands and yelled "Need a hug?" :D

I'm on to the second season already, Lorelai and Rory are taking a roadtrip you know why. Oh Luke build a chuppah! <3 It was soooo nice to see Sookie telling the latest news to Luke who'd been sad and irritable, and who was laying it down on poor Kirk. After he heard the news he was so happy, and he stated that today the coffee's on the house

Awww, Luke :D I'm jealous now...I want to go back and watch those eps again!

I'm now hopelessly addicted to this series... 2 seasons down, 5 to go.

That's such great news, Chimera! You're so lucky to watch it all for the first time (and then I guarantee you'll then rewatch it again and again :D).

It's a very informative show so there's no harm in watching it! :( I just learnt that Harvard's library has 13,000,000 volume collection and it's housed in 90 different libraries and it's the largest academic library in the world. Rory got really upset, she's only read like 300 books in her life and she's already 16, how is she ever going to have the time to read 13 million books? :( Lorelai told her she doesn't have to read them all, she could skip Tuesdays with Morrie and Who Moved My Cheese?. Now, does that mean we should also take them off our booklist? Shoot, I've already read Tuesdays with Morrie

It's definitely informative. I can't count the number of times I've been talking to my friend lately and have started a sentence with 'On Gilmore Girls...' There are so many things relevant to life that come up in conversations.

It's so cute when Rory freaks out about reading all of those books. :lol:

I'm up to the last couple of episodes of S6. Jackson and Sookie have found something unexpected on their land and are freaking out. :lol:

:D They're trying to dispose of the evidence and they've come across the town troubadour, the Reverend and the Rabbi. :lol:

One of the nicest ever moments just happened between Emily and Lorelai, when she told Lorelai about the house she was buying and Lorelai said the wedding wasn't go to happen. Instead of Emily blaming her or asking what happened she simply placed her hand on Lorelai's shoulder. :D

One of the nicest ever moments just happened between Emily and Lorelai, when she told Lorelai about the house she was buying and Lorelai said the wedding wasn't go to happen. Instead of Emily blaming her or asking what happened she simply placed her hand on Lorelai's shoulder. :D

I remember that eventhough I've seen the 6th season only once. Wasn't Lorelai really dreading telling her, and she kept putting it off? And when she finally spilled the beans Emily did the last thing she would've expected her to do. It was soooo touching :D

Kylie, I was thinking about that Sookie&Jackson thing this morning and I was wondering, didn't they at some point talk about burning the evidence? And then one of them realised what that would do :D Could you please refresh my memory, I'm dying to see the episode now but of course I don't have it.

Edited by frankie

Yes, you're right. They couldn't burn it because they realised it'd make the whole town high, and they couldn't flush it down the toilet because it would clog it up, and they couldn't bake it into brownies because then they didn't know what they would do with the brownies. :D

Lorelai goes to their place at the end of the episode, very depressed, and she asks what the smell and Sookie says '68 pounds of marijuana' and Lorelai doesn't even react. :D

I'm about to start season 7 and I'm already getting sad that it's nearing an end. :D

Yes, you're right. They couldn't burn it because they realised it'd make the whole town high, and they couldn't flush it down the toilet because it would clog it up, and they couldn't bake it into brownies because then they didn't know what they would do with the brownies. :D

That was even funnier than I remembered :D I think Taylor Doose (does anyone else wonder why his name is pronounced the way it is? I would pronounce it like 'goose') would be a very likable person for once, although he would get totally paranoid because he's not feeling right :D Yep they probably couldn't flush it because if it would clog up and they would have to ask a plumber to help they'd be discovered. They should've just made the brownies and started serving them at the Dragonfly Inn, they would've had some happy customers :D

Lorelai goes to their place at the end of the episode, very depressed, and she asks what the smell and Sookie says '68 pounds of marijuana' and Lorelai doesn't even react. :D

I didn't remember that!! I'm seriously laughing my ass off here :D

Blame away :D It's a very informative show so there's no harm in watching it! :D

True! I might even end up going to harvard/ yale by procuration :D

That bit where Rory freaked about the Harvard library was indeed very funny. I also loved the simultaneous freakout of Emily, Lorelai, Rory and Paris when the Harvard applications came in... Who knew these four could have so similar fears and opinions :D

That's such great news, Chimera! You're so lucky to watch it all for the first time (and then I guarantee you'll then rewatch it again and again :D).

Thanks Kylie!

That was even funnier than I remembered :) I think Taylor Doose (does anyone else wonder why his name is pronounced the way it is? I would pronounce it like 'goose') would be a very likable person for once, although he would get totally paranoid because he's not feeling right :lol: Yep they probably couldn't flush it because if it would clog up and they would have to ask a plumber to help they'd be discovered.

You've got it exactly right! When they talked about flushing it they did mention that they would have to call a plumber.

And yes, I've always thought I'd pronounce Taylor's name as rhyming with goose.

I just saw an ad on TV for a new show called The Good Wife and I thought one of the characters looked a little like Logan. I looked up imdb and sure enough he seems to be a permanent character on the show. He looks more grown-up and serious.

Wow, I've just been looking up a few other characters and did you know that Lane (Keiko Agena) is almost 37? She looks so much younger than that.

And the guy who played Jackon...his real-life wife was originally going to play Sookie but she had to back out at the last minute. She did have a bit role though as Drella, the harpist in the first season. (This sounds familiar; I may have mentioned this before.)

Oh wow, and Brian used to be roommates with Kirk at university!

Edited by Kylie

I've been watching GG on E4 every morning but as they're halfway season 5 (I think, she's just met Logan's parents for the first time???) I'm slightly confuzzled :) Anyway, I've given in and ordered the first 3 series on dvd - hopefully they'll be here Wednesday and I can start from the beginning :lol:

I'd never seen any GG episodes before but they've been showing it Monday through Friday since Christmas and I got hooked :) I think I started watching when they were a few episodes from the end of season 4 so I'd really like to see it from the beginning.

I'm ten episodes into season one, love it, love it, love it! :D

Wow, YAY!!! :D:lol: I'm soo happy to hear this! I guess you've been so caught up in watching the show that you haven't even had the time to inform us that you already started to watch the show, I mean you're on the tenth episode already :roll: