Gilmore Girls

frankie

Aw, that's one of the nicest moments between Emily and Lorelai. And that episode is a classic example of where they start to get along and then things go horribly wrong.

Most definitely. I was thinking about how we'd talked about this on the forum when I watched it. It was so nice when Lorelai fell asleep and when Emily tucked her in she said "Thanks mummy". I just hate how Emily would think the worst of Rory when she found out that she'd been with Dean the whole night. And how Lorelai was defending Rory up until Emily left and Rory came back. Then she started scolding Rory, just like Emily would've :lol: I felt so bad for Rory but also for Lorelai. A very sticky situation!

I don't think I've ever been able to read the title of that book. You rock, Frankie! :D

I wasnt' able to read the title but I'm like 95 % sure it was a novel by Mary McCarthy and I remembered she had a novel called The Group, so I image googled it and though I didn't find the exact same cover, there were a lot of copies which seemed a bit alike. So I figured it could've been that book.

I'm nearing the end of season 5. Mitchum has just destroyed Rory's dreams and now's she in jail. It's all downhill from here for a little while! I hate this period where Rory and Lorelai aren't on speaking terms.

I loath Mitchum. He's a scumbag, a douchebag, and all the evil bags in the world. But I also dislike how Rory's changed. In the good old times I think she would've talked about her problems with Lorelai and they would've eaten junk food and watch a classic movie, but now she's doing something reckless to escape her problems. For me, everything started to go downhill the minute she laid her eyes on Logan. :lol:

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Part of me understands why Mitchum said it. Rory reminds me so much of me in temperament and I know I could never be a journalist because I just don't have the confidence, and I think Rory is lacking there as well. But she wasn't definitely getting more confident as the series went on.

It wasn't necessary to burst her bubble like that though. I hate when people aren't sympathetic to other people's situations, just because they're different or not as outgoing as themselves. Some people (like Rory) need a little encouragement and I don't think there's anything wrong with that. He should have been helping her instead of waiting until the end of her internship and letting her down so badly. He pointed out that she didn't speak up at the staff meeting and she said that she wasn't sure if she was supposed to. I completely get that. It wasn't like she was a full member of staff.

Why can't people put themselves in other people's shoes for once? :lol:

I've now watched the first four episodes of season 6. Rory has dropped out of Yale and is not on speaking terms with Lorelai. :) I really hate this part, but look forward to their reunion.

I keep trying to work out exactly when Rory changed from a shy little wallflower (not wanting to go to a Chiltern dance) to the party girl (who throws parties for Logan and dances etc). I just can't work it out. It's very odd.

Lorelai has a new friend in Paul Anka. True to every other character in GG, he is very quirky and works wonderfully with Lorelai. Does anyone know what type of dog it is? He's just adorable, and so nice and quiet. I found myself wishing I had a dog just like that.

Kylie, I think you wrote an excellent post on Mitchum and Rory, sorry I haven't had time to comment ont it. In some ways I guess I'd agree with you, I suppose Rory was/is lacking a bit on the confidence department, but on the other hand I think she would have what it takes to be a journalist. I hate it when they had that meeting and Rory was only thinking she's going to listen in on it and make notes and learn, and Mitchum scolded her afterwards for not saying a word. How was she supposed to know? I think she was learning a lot and like you said needed a little bit more encouragement than others and I think Mitchum could've given her that instead of the boot. But, he's entitled to his opinion just like the rest of us.

I think Rory took it a bit too personally, she should've taken what Mitchum said to work for her, not against her. She should've taken advantage of hearing her flaws and just go and try to better herself. She could've gone for another job or internship and start all over again! Instead she let it all fall apart and made some poor choices. I don't blame her though, it must've been crusifying to hear it all. And easier said than done, aye? :)

Paul Anka is a bit of a cutie but I never quite understood why they would have a dog in the show, I mean as Lorelai's dog, I just don't think it served any real purpose :D

BTW, I went to the stores last week to buy GG season 2 but they didn't have them anymore :lol: Then I was browsing through play.com and they had them for 12,95e, which is 7e cheaper than in the store! o_O

I'm watching the episode where Sookie and Jackson go on a first date and Lorelai's paired with Rune. I cannot believe how rude he is :)

That's a great one :D If I remember right, isn't that the one where Lorelai ends up playing poker with Luke at one point?

I think the point of the dog was as a substitute for Rory. I guess Lorelai was feeling so lonely she wanted something else in her life to focus on and distract her. I kind of know how she feels. :)

I'm a little puzzled by Logan's behaviour during Rory's break from Yale. He doesn't really seem to approve of what she's doing, but he really stays out of it and doesn't comment.

I'm watching the episode where Sookie and Jackson go on a first date and Lorelai's paired with Rune. I cannot believe how rude he is :D

Grr, I hated Rune! I could never understand his problem. Lorelai isn't too tall at all, and she's gorgeous! He should think himself lucky to score a date with her. Didn't he make a rude comment about her (perfectly normal) ears as well? There's a man that's going to be single for a long time.

That's a great one :D If I remember right, isn't that the one where Lorelai ends up playing poker with Luke at one point?

Yep, and they have a blast. He even gets to the point when he says "you know maybe could, someday..." and is going to ask her out when Mrs Kim bursts in and demands Lorelai to tell her where Lane is (she's out on a doubledate with R&D and Dean's friends, dimwit Todd). When Lorelai and Luke see each other later, they talk about how they had fun the other night and it's kinda obvious Lorelai is waiting for him to ask her out when he says "We should do it again sometime........ so I could kick your butt in poker". (Not the exact words maybe, can't remember the exact quote). I was so disappointed when he chickened out and didn't ask her!!!

Kylie, yep Paul Anka was a substitute for Rory, I meant that for me, as a viewer, the dog didn't serve any point. If I remember correctly, I hardly ever saw him, and all Lorelai did was bitch about the dog how it wasn't behaving. Very exciting... not =/

Lorelai isn't too tall, it's Rune who's too short and that seemed to be the problem I think. And yes I think he should've considered himself lucky :roll: Why not at least try and enjoy the evening instead of moping all night. When he pulled Jackson to the side to give him a piece of his mind Jackson told him to shut it, they were just a few feet away from Lorelai and Sookie and they could probably hear them. Rune said "well of course with her big ears!!" :) And when Sookie was being nervous and was only talking to Lorelai on the date, Lorelai said Sookie and her should go powder their noses (i.e. talk about what Sookie's doing wrong). Rune goes something like that nose must take a lot of powder... ;)

I loved it how Lorelai was telling Luke about the date and how he laughed at Rune when he heard Rune was the one who was more disappointed with the match. Luke.... <3 :lol:

Edited by frankie

Aww, I like that scene between Luke and Lorelai at the end of that episode. :lol:

In the episode I'm up to, Rory and Logan went out and Rory took her new Birken bag with her. The only thing she put in it before they left was her purse. Since when does she leave the house without at least 1 book in her bag? I was so annoyed with her. :roll: Will the real Rory please come back now?

I have to admit, although Logan isn't my favourite choice for Rory, he has a very cute smile. ;)

In the episode I'm up to, Rory and Logan went out and Rory took her new Birken bag with her. The only thing she put in it before they left was her purse. Since when does she leave the house without at least 1 book in her bag? I was so annoyed with her. Will the real Rory please come back now?

So annoying, and so not like Rory. It's like she's possessed, she's not being herself at all =(

I have to admit, although Logan isn't my favourite choice for Rory, he has a very cute smile.

Okay who are you and where are you keeping the real Kylie as a hostage?? :roll::) I don't agree with you but I won't hold this positive comment about Logan against you :lol:

Last night I watched a couple of episode, one of which was the one where Christopher came back and the Gilmore clan and the Christopher (can't remember last name) tribe had a huge argument which led to Lorelai forgetting about her and Luke's painting date :D But she did the painting job by herself in the end, as a surprise and they made up ;)

I love the scene where Luke and Lorelai are checking out the behind of the counter for an order that Luke's father took up. He had no paper and wrote it on a wall somewhere :D They find it and sit down and have a nice chat and then there's this sudden silence between them and they are just looking into each other's eyes and who knows what might've happened if the town's people hadn't arrived to take pictures and to see if they were really going to paint the place! When Luke's getting up to let them in or get them out Lorelai tells him to just wait and see and they'll go away, and then they're really close to each other... Oh boy what an episode ^^

I love the scene where Luke and Lorelai are checking out the behind of the counter for an order that Luke's father took up. He had no paper and wrote it on a wall somewhere :lol: They find it and sit down and have a nice chat and then there's this sudden silence between them and they are just looking into each other's eyes and who knows what might've happened if the town's people hadn't arrived to take pictures and to see if they were really going to paint the place! When Luke's getting up to let them in or get them out Lorelai tells him to just wait and see and they'll go away, and then they're really close to each other... Oh boy what an episode ^^

Aw! I love that one ;) Watching their relationship mature throughout the entire series was one of my favorite storylines. I didn't care so much for Rory/Logan or even Rory/Jess. Sookie and Jackson are hillarious, especially when Jackson makes those buttons "I don't want to know the sex of my baby." and gets Rory to wear one.

One of my all time favorite Luke/Lorelai moments is when they're moving Rory's stuff to Yale and they're fighting over the Yale mattress.

I don't agree with you but I won't hold this positive comment about Logan against you

:D I'll try to keep my positive Logan comments to a minimum from now on.

Last night I watched a couple of episode, one of which was the one where Christopher came back and the Gilmore clan and the Christopher (can't remember last name) tribe had a huge argument which led to Lorelai forgetting about her and Luke's painting date :) But she did the painting job by herself in the end, as a surprise and they made up

I was so upset with Lorelai in this episode. Not only did she forget about Luke, but she was off doing you-know-what with Christopher at the time! Poor Luke. :D He looked so sad.

Aw! I love that one :D Watching their relationship mature throughout the entire series was one of my favorite storylines. I didn't care so much for Rory/Logan or even Rory/Jess. Sookie and Jackson are hillarious, especially when Jackson makes those buttons "I don't want to know the sex of my baby." and gets Rory to wear one.

One of my all time favorite Luke/Lorelai moments is when they're moving Rory's stuff to Yale and they're fighting over the Yale mattress.

:lol: And Rory went to see Lane wearing the same button and Mrs Kim looked shocked and Rory had to explain that it wasn't her baby.

Ohh, the mattress episode is great. And when Lorelai is trying to drive Luke's truck and she can't get it out of reverse so she reverses all the way to the diner. :)

:D And Rory went to see Lane wearing the same button and Mrs Kim looked shocked and Rory had to explain that it wasn't her baby.

Ohh, the mattress episode is great. And when Lorelai is trying to drive Luke's truck and she can't get it out of reverse so she reverses all the way to the diner. :lol:

I love Mrs. Kim! The episode of Lane's wedding where Mrs. Kim's mom (do they ever say what Mrs. Kim's real first name is?) flys over from Korea and she as to pretend that she's a Buddhist and Lane and Rory have to hide things in the same floor boards that Lane grew up hiding stuff from Mrs. Kim in. I also loved it when she was helping Zack write a 'hit' song so he could show that he could support Lane by being a musician. :)

I love Mrs. Kim! The episode of Lane's wedding where Mrs. Kim's mom (do they ever say what Mrs. Kim's real first name is?) flys over from Korea and she as to pretend that she's a Buddhist and Lane and Rory have to hide things in the same floor boards that Lane grew up hiding stuff from Mrs. Kim in. I also loved it when she was helping Zack write a 'hit' song so he could show that he could support Lane by being a musician. :D

I'm sure I would have remembered that one but I can't...is there really one I've never seen?!

I love watching the development of Lane and Mrs Kim's relationship. (And no, I don't think we ever found out her first name.) She was very cool when Lane told her the band was breaking up, and she got them organised to go on tour. I'd forgotten that they had to hide everything from the Mrs Kim's mother the same way Lane hid things from her mum.

Oh, and I used to love that little 'hideaway' Lane had in her closet. I think she had lava lamps and all. It looked very cool.

By the way, I keep meaning to say, Frankie, that every time I read your sig I can picture the exact scene and here Lorelai and Luke's voices in my head exactly as they said it. :D

In the UK the re runs are at the point where

Luke and Lorelai have just started up together properly, Sherry has just gone leaving Gigi, Logan is looming large on the horizon.

Today I think we are heading toward that horrible, horrible, horrible episode with Christopher

staking his claim on Lorelai (with Emily's help).

That's the great and appalling thing about this show. I am angst ridden in anticipation of this episode, I hate it so very much. Equally I can't wait to watch it. I feel so desperately sorry for L & L. how horrible to have all parties against you for no good reason. :D

Edited by Chrissy
added spoiler cover ~ I wasn't awake enough earlier to think of it!

Thank you for keeping your positive Logan comments to a minimum, Kylie! :lol: I'll forever be on team Rory/Jess, although I won't hesitate saying that a wee part of me always wished Rory and Marty would've gotten together :D.

I love the early days between L & L, but the rollercoaster they go on throughout the series gets frustrating!

Jess..... Swoon! I hope my GG seasons 2 & 3 arrive soon! I can't wait to see Dave as well, he was so great... :D I cannot he just up and left. And they didn't even make a big deal out of it.

I loved it when he tried to convince Mrs Kim that he was a good boy eventhough not Korean that much. He read the Bible in what, one weekend (?) and impressed the socks off of her :lol: