Gilmore Girls

frankie

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Great news Chesilbeach! biggrin.gif

Frankie and I are having a Gilmore Girls marathon right now. We've watched 5-6 episodes already and we have loads of junk food to keep us going (photos later). We're about halfway through season 3 (we originally started from halfway through season 2 a couple of weeks ago).

• 3 weeks later...

Well, that's it. I've just finished the last episode of series 7. What will I do now? :cry2: ....................

Oh, I know, I'll just start from the beginning again! :boogie:

Seriously though, thanks to everyone who recommended this series - it's been great to find something new that's been so enjoyable. The benefits of BCF are proven yet again :smile2:

ETA: Oops, weird things happening when I tried to post.

Chesil, I'm sad for you that you've finished all the 'new' eps, but as you said, you can now go back and rewatch them all. I'm so glad you've enjoyed it!

Frankie and I finished watching season 3 on the weekend. We want to get to the later seasons but we won't have time before Frankie leaves, so we're debating whether to skip season 4. Such a tough decision. :(

Edited by Kylie

Chesil, I'm so pleased that you've enjoyed GG so much! It's always great to hear someone new liking the series and ending up watching the whole thing :smile2: And yes, the series is totally rewatchable, it never gets old! That's one of the best things about GG, you always notice new stuff about the episodes.

Kylie, I just remembered: at the end of the fourth season

, do Lorelai and Luke kiss? Or is that at the end of season 5? Cause we can't miss that!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Holy heck, what a bargain! Great find peace!! :smile2: From what I gather you're now watching season 1, the last time I checked you were watching Cinnamon's Wake? How's that Max working out for you... :giggle2::huh::rolleyes:

I'm currently @season 7, I've watched the first 6 episodes. Such a sad season. My heart is aching everytime I watch it or even think about it. I want to go back to the beginning!!! :(:(

Holy heck, what a bargain! Great find peace!! :smile2: From what I gather you're now watching season 1, the last time I checked you were watching Cinnamon's Wake? How's that Max working out for you... :giggle2::huh::rolleyes:

I'm currently @season 7, I've watched the first 6 episodes. Such a sad season. My heart is aching everytime I watch it or even think about it. I want to go back to the beginning!!! :(:(

Yep, it was a great deal, Frankie! Now I just need to get my hands on the rest of the seasons. I am indeed watching from the beginning, and just watched 'Rory's Dance' whilst getting ready for work this morning. I can't stand Max! :P Luke is so good-looking in his flannel shirt and baseball caps - I really don't know what Max is even doing in the picture.

I'm sorry season 7 has been so sad for you :friends0:. I've only seen that season once, when it originally aired on TV, but I get sad just thinking about all the stuff that happened.

• 2 weeks later...

Where are you up to now, Peace? I'm watching episode 12 of season 1.

Something I noticed...in the episode where Richard ends up in hospital, the nurse that Emily argues with is none other than Nurse Jackie (from the show of the same name). I wonder if her performance in that episode was what got her her own show. wink.gif

(Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE this show? :D)

Edited by Kylie

I was looking for this thread the other day and couldn't find it. I'm pleased to announce that I fell in love with this show and I'm now a good way through season four. Thanks to those that recommended and said I'd enjoy it; particularly Kylie and Frankie, because I really do love it. It has everything a show could want and it's just hilariously witty; the fast dialogue is one of the main things I love about this show.

Yep, it was a great deal, Frankie! Now I just need to get my hands on the rest of the seasons. I am indeed watching from the beginning, and just watched 'Rory's Dance' whilst getting ready for work this morning. I can't stand Max! :P Luke is so good-looking in his flannel shirt and baseball caps - I really don't know what Max is even doing in the picture.

I'm sorry season 7 has been so sad for you :friends0:. I've only seen that season once, when it originally aired on TV, but I get sad just thinking about all the stuff that happened.

The flannel shirt and baseball caps is definitely a good look on Luke, I'm always a bit weirded out when he's actually dressep up in some black pants, a black turtle-neck and a black leather jacket. And no cap. Not that he doesn't look good that way ;):P But the flannel-shirt thing is definitely something not everyone could pull off. It's the man that makes the clothes, not the other way around :smile2:

Sad season seven... I haven't been in a hurry to watch these episodes, it's actually been 2-3 weeks since I last watched one :rolleyes:

Something I noticed...in the episode where Richard ends up in hospital, the nurse that Emily argues with is none other than Nurse Jackie (from the show of the same name). I wonder if her performance in that episode was what got her her own show. wink.gif

(Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE this show? :D)

No, I don't think you've ever said anything like that at all!

I was looking for this thread the other day and couldn't find it. I'm pleased to announce that I fell in love with this show and I'm now a good way through season four. Thanks to those that recommended and said I'd enjoy it; particularly Kylie and Frankie, because I really do love it. It has everything a show could want and it's just hilariously witty; the fast dialogue is one of the main things I love about this show.

Gilmore Girls is all about the witty wits! I'm really glad to hear you're enjoying the series so much :smile2: I can safely say you'll never tire of watching it and you will continue to have great moments with the series for the rest of your life. :friends0:

Aw, you're very welcome, Ben. It makes me so happy to know that I've helped introduce this terrific show to someone who loves it just as much as I do. smile2.gif

The flannel shirt and baseball caps is definitely a good look on Luke, I'm always a bit weirded out when he's actually dressep up in some black pants, a black turtle-neck and a black leather jacket. And no cap. Not that he doesn't look good that way ;):P But the flannel-shirt thing is definitely something not everyone could pull off. It's the man that makes the clothes, not the other way around :smile2:

Bogans pull off the flannel-shirt look very well. wink.gif

I think Luke looks especially good during season one. I don't know what it is in particular, but he looks very fine. wub.gif

It's been a while since I've seen it, but I don't think it is Edie Falco, Kylie. I've got a feeling it's Jane Lynch, who plays Sue Sylvestre in Glee (she's also been in films like Best In Show). I'd have to go back and check though.

Gilmore Girls is all about the witty wits! I'm really glad to hear you're enjoying the series so much :smile2: I can safely say you'll never tire of watching it and you will continue to have great moments with the series for the rest of your life. :friends0:

That sounds very promising and I think it's safe to say that I'll continue watching right up until the end of season seven and then I might even just start again. :friends3:

Aw, you're very welcome, Ben. It makes me so happy to know that I've helped introduce this terrific show to someone who loves it just as much as I do. smile2.gif

I think everyone who watches this show should and will immediately fall in love with it. It passes my days wonderfully, especially when there's so much rubbish on TV. :lol:

Edited by Ben

That sounds very promising and I think it's safe to say that I'll continue watching right up until the end of season seven and then I might even just start again. :friends3:

Haha, I wouldn't be surprised at that, and I would condone it with all my heart :lol::friends3:

Haha, I wouldn't be surprised at that, and I would condone it with all my heart :lol::friends3:

Well, I have a few other well-recommended television series from here to get through as well, but I'm sure I'll come crawling back to GG. :lol:

I think I'm on episode 13 of season 1, Kylie. Christopher just showed up in Stars Hollow on his fancy motorcycle. While I'm kind of 'meh' about Christopher, part of me tends to dislike him. He just symbolizes to me a big roadblock that gets in the way of Luke and Lorelai for so long. And is it just me, but are he and Logan a little bit similar?! They're both smug, cocky and don't deserve the women they're with! Maybe I'm overthinking this.

I forgot about Jane Lynch being in that episode with Richard in the hospital! I've never watched Glee, but I remember her in a very small role a long time ago in 'The Fugitive' with Harrison Ford. She's also been in a couple Christopher Guest movies, which makes her automatically cool :D.

So glad you are getting into the show, Ben! It's one of the best of the best.

It is freaky when Luke is wearing anything but flannel, Frankie! Even in the very first episode when he had a nice shirt on and combed hair :lol:. I agree with you, Kylie, season 1 Luke looked especially swoon-worthy.

I think I'm on episode 13 of season 1, Kylie. Christopher just showed up in Stars Hollow on his fancy motorcycle. While I'm kind of 'meh' about Christopher, part of me tends to dislike him. He just symbolizes to me a big roadblock that gets in the way of Luke and Lorelai for so long. And is it just me, but are he and Logan a little bit similar?! They're both smug, cocky and don't deserve the women they're with! Maybe I'm overthinking this.

See, I don't get all the anti-Logan feelings - I think he's alright. Yes, he's been spoiled and privileged, but considering what you see of his family, I think it's pretty amazing that he's got the sense to see that Rory is the best girl in the world for him, and I think he loses a lot of the cockiness after he's been with Rory for a while. But, I'm with you on Christopher and anyone else Lorelai dates, when it's clear she should be with Luke!

I forgot about Jane Lynch being in that episode with Richard in the hospital! I've never watched Glee, but I remember her in a very small role a long time ago in 'The Fugitive' with Harrison Ford. She's also been in a couple Christopher Guest movies, which makes her automatically cool :D.

She is so awesome in Best In Show! She and Jennifer Coolidge are probably my favourite characters in that entire film, they just crack me up :lol:

It is freaky when Luke is wearing anything but flannel, Frankie! Even in the very first episode when he had a nice shirt on and combed hair :lol:. I agree with you, Kylie, season 1 Luke looked especially swoon-worthy.

*sigh* Ahhh, Luke :wub:

I don't know what it is about Logan, Chesil, but he's just always gotten on my nerves. I agree, he did get less cocky as the seasons went on, but I always had that nagging feeling that he was just bad news for Rory.

Ugh, Lorelai and Max, Digger, Christopher - no, no, NO! Only Luke.

Jane Lynch was hilarious in Best in Show, I agree! She was also great in A Mighty Wind. It's a pity she wasn't in Waiting for Guffman, which is by far my favorite Guest film.

I can't remember the name of this episode, but I just got done watching the one where Emily goes to visit Stars Hollow and gets all upset when she realizes that Rory and Lorelai lived in the Inn's potting shed when they first left Hartford.