Gilmore Girls

frankie

Just starting episode 9 of Season 1 now.. I started from the beginning when I got my series'. It's brilliant, and if I didn't have so much work to do I'd be flying through these quicker.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to start watching this show from the very beginning again, but as my Season 7 DVD box set arrived on Friday I decided to watch this first as I haven't seen it in full before. I've so far watched the first two episodes and as expected it's fantastic. I do really want to move to Stars Hollow though!

By the way I know there is a Rory Gilmore Book Challenge on here, but has anyone thought about doing a Gilmore Girls Film Club?

Edited by Ms Squiggles

By the way I know there is a Rory Gilmore Book Challenge on here, but has anyone thought about doing a Gilmore Girls Film Club?

Great idea! I don't suppose you happen to have a list of the movies handy? I don't think I've seen one on the net, but I'm sure someone must love GG and movies enough to have made a list. :)

That is a great list! All should be watched on a red couch with a buffet of Chinese food/ Pop Tarts/chili cheese fries/ frozen pizza and of course, coffee. :)

Great idea! Only I might skip the coffee and have extra Pop-Tarts. I read that Alexis Bledel (Rory) hates coffee and was actually drinking Coke instead. Go Alexis! So I'll have Coke instead of coffee. :D Mmm, I love cheese fries, but I've never tried chili cheese fries.

Edited by Kylie

I'm watching Parenthood (with Lauren Graham) and having flashbacks to GG. Lauren plays a character with a daughter about 16 years old and she has gone to the school for a parent's thing and is flirting with her teacher. Deja vu! laugh.gif

I finally bought the first 3 seasons of Gilmore Girls tonight :D Just watching the pilot tonight for the first time in probably more than a year. I LOVE Mrs. Kim! mocking.gif

Here's a little trivia for y'all. The Kim's antique store has an actual name that is on a sign in the pilot. What is the name of the store?

I watched the major major episode 'A House Is Not A Home'. It's the Season 5 end. It starts at the Police station, takes a detour through Emily and Richard's with a request for help, and ends in the diner, with Lorelai and Luke. This episode just blows my mind everytime I see it. A beatifully crafted, scripted and acted episode, and your heart just breaks at the angst, betrayal, rejection and sense of shattering that occurs.

There are some episodes where I think,"Come on Lorelai, stop being quite so wacky. Stop and look at what you are doing / saying", but this episode is not one of those episodes.

That is a great list! All should be watched on a red couch with a buffet of Chinese food/ Pop Tarts/chili cheese fries/ frozen pizza and of course, coffee. :)

Hmm, during the whole show I kept on wondering what a Pop Tart is and this Danish thing. I don't think we have this here..

Hmm, during the whole show I kept on wondering what a Pop Tart is and this Danish thing. I don't think we have this here..

You don't have Pop Tarts? *faints* They are so delicious! The strawberry or cherry kind are my favs but they have tons of flavors from fruits to several forms of chocolate (one that is calle 'Smores that has chocolate, marshmallow goo and a graham cracker crust!) :D

I want a 'Luke'. He is adorable throughout the series, but in the beginning when you're first getting to know his character you really notice how sweet he is and how much he cares for Lorelai and Rory even though he doesn't realize it yet.

I love Pop Tarts too Abby. I can only find them in a very few selected stores though. I usually have to travel a long way to get them. :) My favourites are the chocolate ones (I think they're just regular ol' chocolate).

Ahh, Poptarts were my breakfast food of choice when I was in college, Kylie! Too bad I didn't know you back then, I could've shipped them all to you since I got very tired of them after a couple of years! :lol: I think I've only had a handful since, but they do bring back good memories :D.

Actually, most vending machines around here have Pop Tarts in them, they're so popular :D We have another form of them called Toaster Streudels that are delicious but come frozen and are made of fruit goo and puff pastry. After you toast them you squeeze icing onto them and eat. Something tells me Rory and Lorelai would approve of those as well.

You don't have Pop Tarts? *faints* They are so delicious! The strawberry or cherry kind are my favs but they have tons of flavors from fruits to several forms of chocolate (one that is calle 'Smores that has chocolate, marshmallow goo and a graham cracker crust!) :D

The best thing happened, I was strolling around the next big city and found a tiny english supermarket and guess what they had... Pop Tarts :haha:

They didn't have much variety left, but I got myself strawberry ones with icing to try. Very sweet but tasty and I'm going to try every flavor they have in that shop, one after another. :character0104:

I finally bought the first 3 seasons of Gilmore Girls tonight :D Just watching the pilot tonight for the first time in probably more than a year. I LOVE Mrs. Kim! :giggle2:

Here's a little trivia for y'all. The Kim's antique store has an actual name that is on a sign in the pilot. What is the name of the store?

Happy watching Abby! Remember to come back here sometimes as well :giggle2: I have no idea about the name of the store. And I call myself a fan??! Unforgivable. I liked the question though, it would be nice to have a GG trivia question out there every now and then!

Glad to hear you found Pop Tarts! I'm not totally sure about the Danish, but I do have some idea of what it might be. We have them in Finland as well and call them Danish pastries. I'll google for a pic. Hold on a second...

Edit: Okay I found a pic of a Danish, and for some weird coincidence it was on a page "Food in Finland". Third picture from top!

Edited by frankie

• 3 weeks later...