E books / Kindle / Sony Reader

Adam

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have this and I love it, just ploughing my way through Far From The Madding Crowd at the moment. It's very easy to use, read etc my only problem is the DS belongs to my daughter so I have to 'share' lol

I was wondering what you thought of this! We have a spare DS in the house so I might consider getting the collection. :eek:

I hate this type of thing. :lol:

I totally agree. The second I heard about this, I disliked the idea. I definitely like to hold the book in my hands. I can imagine it being really irritating as well, having to touch the screen/press a button every 20 seconds. :friends0: No.

However (there's always a however :eek:) I can see why some would think it's a good idea and it is fantastic value for money. 100 classics for 20 pound, wow!

I got my Sony E-Book Reader for christmas and I am over the moon with it. It's totally different from a book, and yet it isn't. I love using it, the only disadvantage is it doesn't have a backlight, so I can't read in bed when OH is asleep (unless I put the light on) Great for journeys, to have in your bag and delve into. You don't have to think...'oh, pity I bought such and such a book, and not that one, as I'm not in the mood for it'...as you have loads to choose from, for whatever mood you are in.

Love, love love it! But then folk on here know I have been wanting one for ever! So guess who was a happy bunny at Christmas!

crotalus_p said

They worked very hard to develop the screen with out a back light so that you wont get eye strain , eye strain due to the back was the major complaint about first generation readers

I'm aware of that, and grateful they did. as it is a soothing read, but just for a few minutes now and again, it would be useful. I wanted to read it one night in the car on a long journey, but couldn't see it.

I use Audible for audio books, and given that Sony has a music function, I guess that would be another way to download books. I haven't tried it yet, but will.

I bought an e-reader about two months ago from Waterstones. I love it. I travel a great deal and like the fact that it's lighter to carry around. I have also managed to download pdf documents for work purposes... but I know that I will never want to give up my own little library at home :D

I have a Sony Reader and i love it:) my mom very very kindly bought me one for my birthday back in september. the same month waterstones were kind enough to send me a 20% voucher for it being my birthday month. i was told i couldnt use it against the reader but decided to try anyway(why not!) and it worked! so i got the reader for

Does anyone know when (or if) the Kindle is going to be released in UK. I keep checking Amazon and they don't have a UK version on there yet. I would love to have an e-reader but I would like to wait to compare the Kindle with the Sony one (just because I would like to keep using Amazon for e-downloads.)

I think the cheapest price for the Sony is