Here's a letter for your mojo:

Dear Frankie's Mojo,

Don't be afraid.

Please stay.

Frankie needs you.

Best regards,

Athena

:P

:D :D Maybe mojo will listen to you, it won't listen to me :D Thank you! :friends3:

Well done Little Pixie! :)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great seeing everyone's progress .. well done all  :clapping: I couldn't commit :( .. I had a wedding to attend on Saturday and Christmas shopping/wrapping/cooking/stressing to do on Friday/Sunday  :D  I did read a bit but didn't keep totals :blush2: I forgot :blush2:  :blush2: 

Hope to get off to a good start in January by taking part :smile: 

(note: removed some emoticons from quotes otherwise the forum wouldn't let me post)

Maybe mojo will listen to you, it won't listen to me Thank you!

x

You're welcome :)!

x

Also, thank you Athena for doing the readathons ; it really made me focus on books again after a few weeks of dilatory reading.

x

You're welcome, I'm glad it helped :)!

x

Great seeing everyone's progress .. well done all I couldn't commit .. I had a wedding to attend on Saturday and Christmas shopping/wrapping/cooking/stressing to do on Friday/Sunday  :D  I did read a bit but didn't keep totals I forgot

Hope to get off to a good start in January by taking part

x

I'm sorry to hear you didn't have much time to read. I hope you'll have more time in January :).

• 4 weeks later...

I hope to join in the read-a-thon this weekend :smile: . Not absolutely sure what to read, but it would be good to try short stories, maybe Fyodor Dostoevsky's. 

I'm hoping to join in! Work is slow at the moment, so this weekend is a great chance to relax and read while I keep one eye on the cricket. :) Hopefully I'll make some progress with The Secret History.

Ah, so you have already acquired some books this year? :D

A library!! :D You borrow books, you don't acquire them for yourself :rolleyes: I know you are not a regular patron of any library, but I thought you would still know how the system works :D

But I thought you counted borrowing books as 'acquiring' them - even if it is a temporary acquisition. Obviously I was wrong!

Oh, okay :) No, I don't count borrowing, because unfortunately I can't keep the library loans for as long as I like! :) Acquiring is purchasing, getting a book for free from the book exchange trolley, or getting a book as a pressie, or maybe a book swap. That sort of things. :)

Just dropping in to be a cheerleader for you all .

Go Team Go,

Read those books

Remember most importantly ,

Is Books, Not LOOKS .

Sorry, that one was stupid .....     :doh: 

Two Bits Four Bits

Six Bits , A Dollar

All for Reading

Stand up and Holler .    :D

I managed only 30 minutes reading yesterday, and no reading at all today, so far  :no: . *bad kitty!* Maybe tomorrow.....or at least I will have the 'cone of shame' for such a pathetic attempt :blush2:

I must admit, I haven't been actively participating, but I am having a great weekend of reading.  I've finished 300 pages of Saplings by Noel Streatfeild, and as of this morning, I'm 70 pages into the graphic novel Gemma Bovery by Posy Simmonds.  I'm hoping to finish that this morning, and perhaps sneak in another book this afternoon.

I've been reading Do androids dream of electric sheep by Philip K. Dick.

2 hours to page 95

1 hour to page 149

1 hour 20 to page 210

4 hrs 20

About 13 hrs reading over 3 days

622 Pages

Edited by dex