50 mins P.58

40 mins P.97

Saturday

1hr 10 mins P.167

1hr P. 225

1hr 10 mins P.310

1hr P.405

Finished

Conan Doyle would always slip in names of mysterious cases he never wrote about. Horowitz is trying to hard to mention every story published.

Edited by dex

Nice progress, Dex :)!

Here's my progress for yesterday:

Friday

50 mins, 125 pages, Minette Walters - The Mysterious Death of Caroline Luard

10 mins, 60 pages, Roald Dahl - The Enormous Crocodile (re-read)

55 mins, 138 pages, Ann M. Martin - The BabySitter's Club 9: The Ghost at Dawn's House (re-read)

75 mins, 121 pages, Alan Bennett - The Uncommon Reader

Total: 3h 20 mins, 444 pages

I read and finished four small books, all of which were enjoyable :). Judging by my time though I didn't spend too long reading in total. It felt like longer!

Dexter's Final Cut - Jeff Lindsay

Saturday

1hr to P.37

Sunday

1hr to P.74

1hr to P.119

1hr to P.165

1hr to P.207

So in 10 hrs 50 mins, I read 596 Pages and have about 140 pages left in Dexter's Final Cut.

Edited by dex

Great progress, all of you :)!

Here's mine for yesterday:

Saturday

65 mins, 120 pages, Lillian Jackson Brown - Cat Who... 29: De Kat die 60 Snorharen Had (abandoned)

40 mins, 95 pages, Saskia Noort - Afgunst

30 mins, 48 pages, Charlotte Brontë, Penko Gelev and Fiona Macdonald - Graphic Classics: Jane Eyre

50 mins, 128 pages, Anke de Vries - Kladwerk (re-read)

80 mins, 119 pages, J. K. Rowling - Harry Potter 5: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Total: 4 h 15 mins, 510 pages

I read for quite a bit, though not as long as I thought I had. I enjoyed the books I read, except the one I abandoned.

Friday - 2 hours

Saturday - 4 hours (managed to finish 200 pages of The Goldfinch, and dipped into Bill Bryson's Troublesome Words) 

Today - i hope to read Goth Girl and the Ghost of a Mouse by Chris Riddell - a children's fantasy book, with wonderful illustrations  :smile: .

Great process, Marie!

My progress of yesterday:

Sunday

1 h 55 mins, 152 pages, J. K. Rowling - Harry Potter 5: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

On Sunday I wasn't really in the mood for much at all, my doctor's appointment this week was stressing me out.

Total February Read-a-thon:

Total Reading Time: 9 h 30 mins

Total Pages Read: 1106

Total Books Finished: 7 (1 abandoned)

Overall I did quite allright I think. I enjoyed most of my books :). The fifth Harry Potter book proved too big to finish for the read-a-thon :giggle2:. I wasn't very much in the mood on Sunday too and more urgent things kept getting in the way of reading. I had fun though which is good :). I hope you all had a good time too!

The next read-a-thon will take place on the 7th 8th 9th of March.

^ :she: Nice work, people! :) I wish we didn't have to wait another month for the next read-a-thon :blush:

My progress:

Started and finished:

Mrs Palfrey at the Claremont by Elizabeth Taylor

Flowers for Mrs Harris by Paul Gallico

Finished (about 30 pages left):

The Line of Beauty by Alan Hollinghurst

Started (about 100 pages):

Mary Poppins by P. L. Travers

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm new.  How does this work?

Well, on the first full weekend of the month, the people who have the time and want to participate in the read-a-thon, can go ahead and read on and see how much they manage to read during the weekend. You can then post in this thread if you like, to share which book(s) you read and maybe how many pages you managed to read and how many hours it took.

The next read-a-thon is next weekend, I hope you can join in on the fun! :)

My thoughts for next Friday are The Foundation Trilogy and or A Clockwork Orange or Flowers For Algernon. Hopefully I'll have finished The Crucifix Killer by then.

oooohhhh!  Another read- a - thon!  I might do a Lee Child book or two.  I'm sure I will be done with The Six Wives of Henry VIII by then.  I might start 1492 too though.

My daughter would like to join as well.  She already has her stack prepared, but informed me she needs to pick up a few more before the weekend.

I had seven new ones along with two others that I'm already working through, but I read two and picked up three.  That puts me at three non-fiction, one autobiography, one mystery and three fiction along with two classics that I've already started.  I might pick up one more mystery just to be safe.  I won't read anywhere near this amount, but I never know what mood I'll be in, so I like to have an assortment on hand.  :)

That's a lot of books! But as you said, you don't know beforehand what mood you'll be in. I hope you and your daughter both enjoy your books :readingtwo:. I've got my pile prepared too with the usual books. I could still deviate from it if the mood strikes but I think I'll be allright :). I've been abstaining from reading the past few days so I'm eager to get reading this weekend :readingtwo:.

I'm going to try and participate this weekend, my partner will be away so I will need something to do to take my mind off missing him. I want to try and finish the last book in the Unwind trilogy, and start another before the weekend is out. Probably measly compared to how much the rest of you will read. :giggle2: