Read-a-thon - (2013-2015)

Athena

So after the first read-a-thon of 2014, here's the progress I made:

Friday- 'The Kite Runner'- Khaled Hossein (31 Pages)

Saturday- 'The Kite Runner'- Khaled Hossein (102 Pages)

Sunday- 'The Kite Runner' (146 Pages, completed the novel)

'On Chesil Beach'- Ian McEwan (42 Pages

Total pages read: 321 Pages

I didn't think this was too bad, considering I have been ill all weekend :(

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just dropping in to be a cheerleader for you all .

Go Team Go,

Read those books

Remember most importantly ,

Is Books, Not LOOKS .

Sorry, that one was stupid .....     :doh: 

Two Bits Four Bits

Six Bits , A Dollar

All for Reading

Stand up and Holler .    :D

:giggle:

Go Julie ! :D

Well, I read Silent in the Sanctaury this weekend ( 552 pages ) and pages 40-62 of the Cambridge Guide to English Lit. I`m reading around 8 pages a day of this, since there`s a lot to take in, and I find that my brain needs a lie down in a darkened room if I try to read more at one go. :smile:

Just dropping in to be a cheerleader for you all .

Go Team Go,

Read those books

Remember most importantly ,

Is Books, Not LOOKS .

Sorry, that one was stupid .....     :doh:

Two Bits Four Bits

Six Bits , A Dollar

All for Reading

Stand up and Holler .    :D

x

Thank you Julie :)!

Most of you have made some great progress, congrats :)!

Here are my statistics:

Friday 3rd January 2014

45 mins, 92 pages, Simon Kernick - Wrong Time, Wrong Place

25 mins, 104 pages, Roald Dahl - George's Marvellous Medicine

65 mins, 133 pages, Ann M. Martin - The BabySitter's Club 8: Boy-crazy Stacey (re-read)

45 mins, 87 pages, A. C. Baantjer - De Cock 69: De Cock en de Moord in de Hondsdagen

Total: 3h, 416 pages

Saturday 4th January 2014

40 mins, 54 pages, A. C. Baantjer - De Cock 69: De Cock en de Moord in de Hondsdagen

1h 30 mins, 448 pages, Ilya - The Mammoth Book of Best New Manga Volume 3

1h 55 mins, 179 pages, J. K. Rowling - Harry Potter 4: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (re-read)

Total: 4h 5 mins, 681 pages

Sunday 5th January 2014

4h 5 mins, 457 pages, J. K. Rowling - Harry Potter 4: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (re-read)

Total: 4h 5 mins, 457 pages

Total: 10 h 10 mins, 1734 pages

Sorry for not being online earlier, I was feeling too tired after all the reading to go on the computer (lots of new posts now!). I had a pretty good read-a-thon, I really enjoyed the books I read.

The next read-a-thon will take place on 7th, 8th, 9th February.

• 4 weeks later...

I think it's next week as this friday is the 31st of January, so it's probably the 7th - 9th

I'll probably be finishing the Old Man's war seriesby John Scalzi,

I've borrowed Dexter's Final Cut by Jeff Lindsay from the library,

and I should have chance to go to sorting office and get my John Wyndham / Isaac Asimov books.

Edited by dex

Dex is right, the next read-a-thon will take place on the weekend of the 7th 8th 9th of February, so not this weekend but the next one.I'm glad to hear some of you are joining :). I've already got some books lined up and am looking forward to it. On the 6th there's a book fair I'm going to so lots of book stuff next week :).

Edited by Athena

I've decided to stick with crime for this Readathon, I'm going to start with The House of Silk by Anthony Horowitz  389 Pages ( A paperback so I can take it to work on friday) and Dexter's Final Cut by Jeff Lindsay 352 Pages, which is a hardback that I'll find easier to

read at home.

Readathons, I used the grid calendar on my laptop and am pretty sure these are the dates for the future.

February 7-9

March 7-9

April 4-6

May 2-4

June 6-8

July 4-6

August 1-3

September  5-7

October 3-5

November 7-9

December 5-7

We have had a lot of snow this week, so I'm excited that the Read-A-Thon is this weekend. Being snowed in, I will certainly have a lot of time to get reading in. 

I plan on reading some of A Game of Thrones, maybe re-reading a Nicholas Sparks book, and starting The Scarlet Letter

I wish you both a good read-a-thon :)!

I loved A Game of Thrones and love Nicholas Sparks' books, The Scarlet Letter is on my TBR.

I plan to read a Dutch short literary work, a QuickReads book, a Roald Dahl book, a BabySitter's Club book, a detective, a graphic novel, a children's/YA book from my childhood and Harry Potter 5 (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix). I don't know if I'll get through all of these (HP5 is pretty big), we'll have to see.

Edited by Athena

I hope to do some reading this weekend, although I have tried to do this in the recent read-a-thons, then failed miserably  :blush2:. But I have a book already to read - Bill Bryson's Troublesome Words

Peter and I are going away for the weekend, so I'm afraid I'm going to miss it again.  I've only managed one.  :(

x

Awww, I hope you have fun though where you're going :)

I should be able to take part for at least some of the weekend. :) Not sure what I'm going to read yet though. I'll see where my mood takes me!

x

I wish you a lot of fun reading!

To everyone else participating, happy reading :)!

Friday is nearing an end here, and I've read over 200 pages of Let's Kill Uncle today. I've now made plans for the next couple of days, so I doubt I'll have too much more time for reading, but I'm sure I'll get through the last 70+ pages of my book. :)