Read-a-thon - (2013-2015)

Athena

I agree, another Persephone and another great read. :smile2:

Lady Into Fox was really interesting, and I'm glad I read it in one setting, as it felt like reading a fable or a fairy story. I was surprised how quickly the story got going, it was like you were dropped right into it straight away, and I was quite shocked at the ending, but it did fit with the rest of the story. I'm not sure I'd read it again, but it was unique and very well written, and I'd recommend it to people who enjoy short stories.

No, I don't think it's a re-read either but very unique as you say and well written .. very surreal though.

I didn't finish my book last night as I had hoped .. a big wave of tiredness came over me and (even though I got up from my reading at one point to wash my face in hopes of a revival) I nodded off :blush2: I only read a further 40 pages or so.

So figures overall:

Friday: Finished Mark Watson's The Knot (187 pages - 2 hrs and 42 mins) and started Greenery Street by Denis Mackail  (17 pages - 20 mins)

Saturday: Continued on with Greenery Street (137 pages - 2 hrs and 12 mins)

Sunday: Continued on with Greenery Street (132 pages - 2 hrs and 7 mins)

Total Time Read: 7 hrs and 21 mins

Total Pages Read: 473

It's not brilliant .. I can't blame it all on the distractions of the weekend because there were times when I could've read but didn't :( (which is what I'm most disappointed in) .. still not too bad, all things considered.

I hope to do better in September :)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After this weekend's read-a-thon, I've managed to read:

'The World According to Bertie' by Alexander McCall Smith -16 Pages (Completed)

'The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel' by Deborah Moggach'- 179 pages (Completed)

'Shutter Island' by Dennis Lehane -223 Pages

Overall Page Count:418 pages

It's not a great page count, but it's a lot better than the last read-a-thon! I enjoyed it and am looking forward to the next one :smile:

I think I finished up with about 400 pages read, I had hoped to read more but work got in the way. I didn't particularly enjoy the end of Religion For Atheists but I did really enjoy The Unbearable Lightness of Being.

After this weekend's read-a-thon, I've managed to read:

'The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel' by Deborah Moggach'- 179 pages (Completed)

I really liked this when i read it. What did you think of it Karen?

I really liked this when i read it. What did you think of it Karen?

To be honest, I wasn't that keen on it. I didn't like the characters as much as the film version, I also thought they were a bit 1 dimensional....sorry! Glad you enjoyed it though

I think I reached 400 or at least got close. I didn't read as much as I thought I would or wanted to. I think the idea of having a read a thon and telling myself to read made me want to read less. Reverse psychology I guess :D

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a matthew scudder and a rebus / others to read and 4 other books including Before she dies, I'm watching you - Mary Burton, The Hypnotist - Lars Keppler to read. These are the eldest on my tbr. Iris Johansen - What doesn't kill you.

Edited by dex

• 3 weeks later...

Lars Kepler - The Hypnotist, 601 pages

this will be my first book, I've just got to finish The return first. Not sure if I'll manage as much this time.

Lars Kepler - The Hypnotist

Like fire, just like fire. Those were the first words the boy uttered under hypnosis.'

So I've been reading for 6 hrs 45 mins and still have 157 pages left.

Total 601 Pages - 9 hours app.

Edited by dex

Friday : Finished off Gladys Mitchell - Watson`s Choice ( page 128 - 190 )

Started on Mary Stewart`s Madam, Will you Talk ?  ( page 1 - 188 ) ..............250 pages total. :smile:

Saturday : Oops, no reading at all.  It was the Last Night of the Proms and Young Montalbano on TV. ;) 

Sunday :   I read the last of the Mary Stewart Book ( pages 188 - 292 ), then started Dan Brown`s The Lost Symbol ( got to page 41 ).

Weekend total : 395 pages. :smile:  

Edited by Little Pixie

Sunday.

Morning , I've had this one for a while as well.

I'm Watching You - Mary Burton, 430 Pages.

So far I've read 127 pages in 2 hrs.

Got up to Page 268 so 162 left.

Total Time - 13.25 Hrs

Total Read - 869 Pages

Edited by dex

Haven't been near the computer very often this weekend, but I have done plenty of reading.  I read the rest of Requiem for a Mezzo by Carola Dunn (240 pages) on Friday and Saturday morning, then started Lady Fortescue Steps Out by M. C. Beaton (187 pages) which I finished this morning, and I then started Immortal Beloved by Cate Tiernan (407 pages) and have just finished it.

Still the rest of the afternoon and evening to go, but not sure what to start next, so may not get much more done today.

Edited by chesilbeach