Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 15

Janet

Just finished reading 'the redbreast' and after a struggling to get into I really enjoyed it. Some great twists.

Not sure what to read next but I bought ' the eye of the world' by Robert Jordan and 'Nemisis' by jo Nesbo today at local Market for £2 each :)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh hope you like The Eyre Affair Hyzenthlay

I loved it! But throughout the book I was really sad that I never really read Jane Eyre. I remember my 8th grade English teacher giving us a simple, short version of the book. And I hated it, I thought it was awful. But I'm thinking I won't hate it so much if it's Charlotte's words I read instead of some doofus dumbed down version.

I finished The Amityville Horror...I'm curious to know if (of those who have read it) believe the Lutz's story?

I don't, but I'm a true skeptic. I want to believe certain things, but I am too scientifically-minded to believe unless I have proof that satisfies me.

I will be starting on The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sara Addison Allen. I liked her other two, so this should be good. :)

I don't, but I'm a true skeptic. I want to believe certain things, but I am too scientifically-minded to believe unless I have proof that satisfies me.

I completely agree.....but at the same time I try to respect other's people's beliefs...if they believe in that stuff, so be it....and even though I really don't, I find it fascinating and enjoy hearing about it :D

Maybe you could reread an old favourite Frankie? Hope your mojo is returned safely very soon!

I've been thinking about that. I could try and read Lois Lowry's Anastasia books and see if that helps. Thanks :empathy:

Today I've started on The eye of the World by Robert Jordan. Only a couple of chapters in and it seems OK so far. Have not read any of books before so thought best to start at the beginning. I read Game of Thrones a couple weeks ago and loved it and a friend of mine recommended The Wheel of Time series. Anyone read these?

I loved it! But throughout the book I was really sad that I never really read Jane Eyre. I remember my 8th grade English teacher giving us a simple, short version of the book. And I hated it, I thought it was awful. But I'm thinking I won't hate it so much if it's Charlotte's words I read instead of some doofus dumbed down version.

I think you would get more out of The Eyre Affair having read Jane Eyre, worth trying anyway

My mojo is so gone, I'm lucky if I can follow a TV show. :(

:friends0: Frankie. A re-read of the Anastasia books sounds like a good idea. Some nice, light relief. :friends0:

My mojo has disappeared too. :(

:friends0: Frankie. A re-read of the Anastasia books sounds like a good idea. Some nice, light relief. :friends0:

Mojo? What's a mojo? :(

I hope you feel better soon, frankie.

I guess our mojos wanted to meet each other and have a vacation together, we are too exhausting hosts to them :blush:

Mojo? What's a mojo? :(

I hope you feel better soon, frankie.

Thanks Pixie :friends0: Mojo means your appetite to read read read.

You're just daunted by the size of the task you've set yourself. Sell some books, reduce the burden and feel the joy of reading once again!

Shut it, you devil's advocate.

Edited by frankie

Did you read Half-Broke Horses? I didn't, I can't decide if I want to or not

I've not yet read it. I HEARD it wasn't as good as "The Glass Castle," but I'm betting I'll probably pick it up at some point just to see what I think. :) Have you heard any reviews one way or the other?