Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 15

Janet

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished The Strange Last Voyage of Donald Crowhurst tonight. Interesting stuff, a bit too much technical boat-y stuff for my liking but the story of Crowhurst has always fascinated me, so it was a winner from the start really!

I finished reading Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë yesterday evening and have started Bram Stoker's Dracula as of today.

I'm a real sucker for the classics! :rolleyes:

Welcome to the forum, Ophelia. These are two of my favourite classics. :)

I've read a few more short stories from Leading The Dance by Sarah Salway (one in particular I thought was excellent), and started Noah Barleywater Runs Away too.

I look forward to your thoughts on the latter, Chesil.

Last night I started reading Buried in Books by Julie Rugg. It's a collection of quotes and anecodotes related to books and it's perfect for any booklover. I've found myself chuckling and nodding knowlingly quite a few times already. I'm going to have to get out my post-its to note all the great quotes. :)

I also started reading Mr Chartwell by Rebecca Hunt and managed to finish reading Lois Lowry's Anastasia at Your Service as I got to work today. I think my mojo is finally back! :D

I'm almost finished 'Let the Right One' in by John Ajvide Lindqvist (I feel like I have been reading it for a year and a day) :)

Edited by Weave

Finished The Strange Last Voyage of Donald Crowhurst tonight. Interesting stuff, a bit too much technical boat-y stuff for my liking but the story of Crowhurst has always fascinated me, so it was a winner from the start really!

Yes, I actually remember the Donald Crowhurst story from when it happened, Katie, and it's an interesting story, as you say - a good example of truth being stranger than fiction!

Finished Murder in the Mews yesterday it's such a long time since I've read any Agatha Christie I'd forgotten how enjoyable they are. I also read tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom, it was so good I finished it in one sitting with tears in my eyes.

This morning I started Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons

I did end up really enjoying it, it was a lot more psychological than I imagined it would be and would probably make a great atmospheric movie

Yes yes yes, I'm so happy you enjoyed it!! The second book is also excellent, you'll be in for some shockers ;) Hehee! :D

I also started reading Mr Chartwell by Rebecca Hunt and managed to finish reading Lois Lowry's Anastasia at Your Service as I got to work today. I think my mojo is finally back! :D

You can't see me but I'm doing a happy bunny dance, wohoo! :D So happy to hear good ole mojo is finally back, you deserve it :yes: I hope you enjoy Anastasia, and wohoo for Mr Chartwell!

I've had no book activities whatsoever, but will rectify that by going to some bookshops today :cool:

You can't see me but I'm doing a happy bunny dance, wohoo! :D So happy to hear good ole mojo is finally back, you deserve it :yes: I hope you enjoy Anastasia, and wohoo for Mr Chartwell!

I've had no book activities whatsoever, but will rectify that by going to some bookshops today :cool:

I loved the third Anastasia book. I think it's my favourite one so far. :)

Shame about your lack of book activity, but I have no doubt you'll make up for it today!

I read about 50 pages of Mr Chartwell today, and received my package of 100 Postcards from Penguin. Luverly!

I loved the third Anastasia book. I think it's my favourite one so far.

Yay for enjoying and loving the Anastasia books, this makes me very happy :smile2:

Shame about your lack of book activity, but I have no doubt you'll make up for it today!

Of that I'm sure ;) I think I'm not going to try and make it to all the secondhand bookshops I want to visit today, I'll rather spread them out through my stay and will thus have fun each and every day :giggle:

I read about 50 pages of Mr Chartwell today, and received my package of 100 Postcards from Penguin. Luverly!

And how are you enjoying Mr Chartwell so far? I'm still reading The Mephisto Club, have 100 pages to go. Yay for the Penguin Postcards, could I suggest you take pics and post them on your reading blog, please?

Of that I'm sure ;) I think I'm not going to try and make it to all the secondhand bookshops I want to visit today, I'll rather spread them out through my stay and will thus have fun each and every day :giggle:

Good thinking, 99!

And how are you enjoying Mr Chartwell so far? I'm still reading The Mephisto Club, have 100 pages to go. Yay for the Penguin Postcards, could I suggest you take pics and post them on your reading blog, please?

I'm enjoying it pretty well so far. It's quite interesting.

Sure, I'll take some pics of the postcards this weekend. I may as well do the Puffin postcards as well. :)

I'm enjoying it pretty well so far. It's quite interesting.

Sure, I'll take some pics of the postcards this weekend. I may as well do the Puffin postcards as well. :)

Glad to hear you're enjoying MC so far! :)

I went to the biggest bookstore in Finland today and happened to notice The Penguin Bookcovers thingy there, they were so pretty! And the Puffin and Pixar ones as well. However, they were like over 20e! Which doesn't surprise me, but this info should make Kylie even happier about finding her set for only $4. Very, very lucky! :cool:

I bought 4 books today, shall list them on my reading log soon.

Welcome to the forum, Ophelia. These are two of my favourite classics. :)

Thanks! I really really looooved Jane Eyre, I'll certainly be reading more of C. Brontë's books :)

Any more classics/other books you liked or can recommend? You obviously have good taste :P

Might read The Secret Life of Bees next..

This is a great read...hope you enjoy it when you do read it.

I took 3 carrier bags full of books to various charity shops today. Clearing bookshelves from parents houses, bit sad but hopefully they will find new homes.

I bought hard back copy of 'Blueeyed Boy' by Joanne Harris, which I found while having a browse in British Heart Foundation shop. They are very organised in their too, alphabetical order.

I also read tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom, it was so good I finished it in one sitting with tears in my eyes.

It had that effect on me too, especially so as I had lost someone dear to me at the time too.

I'm a little over 200 pages into The Relic, so about halfway. Very exciting little read!

Yesterday when I was out of town I also purchased a book at the historical society at which I'm a member called Fire the Anvils, Beat the Drums. It's basically the story of Brookings Country, South Dakota from 1860-1900 and fits very nicely in with the 'US History/Pioneer' section on my bookshelf :D.