Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 15

Janet

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished Relic last night. I don't know what came over me, but I couldn't stop reading and then when I got close I was convinced I had to finish :lol:.

I believe I'll start The Hunger Games next, but I'll let that sit in my brain today (along with my review of Relic) and see tonight if it's truly what I'm in the mood for.

I finished The Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring and I have started The Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers.

Also, The Day of the Triffids arrived today, but I want to hold off reading this until I've read all of the LOTR books!

I'm reading and enjoying Gone With The Wind but I feel as though I've been reading it for ages and I'm still only a little over a quarter of the way through it! :blush:

was it very scary? I'm kinda hoping it is :D

I thought it was very scary, but I'm more easily scared than others! :lol: I couldn't read it at night though, that's how creepy it was.

You will love 'The Hunger Games' peace, can't wait to hear what you think. :)

I'm almost finished 'Let the Right One in' by John Ajvide Lindqvist. :)

Edited by Weave

I finally finished reading The Mephisto Club by Tess Gerritsen yesterday, then started reading Nick Hornby's Slam which is going pretty great so far, especially when considering I'm definitely not into the whole skating scene.

I'm still reading The One from the Other by Philip Kerr. It's good but I don't seem to have enough reading time at the moment. I want to finish it by the weekend though as I'm orf to sunny France next week and want to be paper free - the kindle is loaded up and packed of course. :D

Edited by SueK

I am really enjoying my slow read of 'American Gods' by Neil Gaiman. It is a wonderful and intriguing read that is keeping my reading mojo settled and happy. By not racing through it as I am tempted to do, also means I am getting more pithy juice from the story. :cool:

Guest JellyBeans91

I am reading City of Glass by Cassandra Clare. One one was amazing, 2nd one, not so much, hopefully the 3rd one will be an improvement of the 2nd one.

I thought it was very scary, but I'm more easily scared than others! :lol: I couldn't read it at night though, that's how creepy it was.

that's when I do my best reading....something put me off this book before, can't remember what it was....am only a few pages in, but so far so good

I'm still reading 'The Redbreast' am now about 1/3 of the way through it and am finding it hard to keep up with whats going on between the 2 time zones. It's a bit like reading 2 books at once. But am sticking with it.

Am going quite slowly with The Piano Tuner but it seems to be picking up now I'm past the 100 page mark

Have also started reading Pooh and the Psychologists

Hi , new member . I am reading Birds Without Wings by Louis de Bernieres just now , after buying it years ago and being put off after the first few pages .

I still have it on my shelves after reading a good third of it a few years ago and just not having the stamina to continue. Hope you get on better with it.

I finished Mr Chartwell by Rebecca Hunt last night and read another 20 pages of Buried in Books.

I received in the mail I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou and the wonderful Poppyshake very kindly sent me a copy of Mrs Pettigrew Lives for a Day by Winifred Watson. Thanks Poppyshake! :friends3:

This morning I started reading Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons. I've had this one on my TBR pile for years so I'm glad to finally be reading it. :)