Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 13

Chrissy

Finished reading The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson was a good read so I'm off to a good start this year. I've started on Matched by Ally Condie. I picked this book originally for it's cover but after reading the back I was in. here's to a quick second read of 2011!

Edited by page turner

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am reading 'Unwind' by Neal Shusterman, which is a bit weird but I am enjoying it :)

Edited by Weave

Looked at the calendar today and realised that I won't be able to make my next book group meeting, so the two books for this month that I've been putting off because I wasn't keen on, I no longer need to read! :doowapstart: I know I started going to broaden my reading and try things I wouldn't otherwise read, but one book I was daunted by, and the other one is by an author we read before and I didn't like at all. That means that this weekend, I can happily settle down with my own TBR books and a lovely cup of coffee :coffee1:

Edited by chesilbeach

I've mangaged to read my first book of 2011, which I'm pleased about. I finished Sins of the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon last night :) I also took frankie's advice to buy more books, which was thee best advice ever, and bought 5 books today! :D

From a charity shop:

Karen Rose ~ Don't Tell

Karen Rose ~ I Can See You

Karen Rose ~ Silent Scream

Erica Spindler ~ Blood Vines

From a bookshop sale:

Stephanie Meyer ~ The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner

Total for the lot £10.99 :cool:

Edited by Charm

Thanks *sniff*. I actually started a book last night so we'll see how that goes.

Although ......I do think you're right now that I think about it...... you are absolutely correct ..... a new book or 6 may inspire my mojo you say? Of course you are spot on frankie! Why didn't I do this sooner? I must look into this :out:

I've mangaged to read my first book of 2011, which I'm pleased about. I finished Sins of the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon last night :) I also took frankie's advice to buy more books, which was thee best advice ever, and bought 5 books today!

From a charity shop:

Karen Rose ~ Don't Tell

Karen Rose ~ I Can See You

Karen Rose ~ Silent Scream

Erica Spindler ~ Blood Vines

From a bookshop sale:

Stephanie Meyer ~ The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner

Total for the lot £10.99 :cool:

I'm always right! I'm truly happy to hear that you've finished the first book of the year and must say Woman, you were very quick to take my advice :lol: I like the way you think on your feet. A very good haul and a very nice price for so many books. Frankie is happy.

I did a bit of purge in my library last night and selected 20 books that I can remove from my TBR pile!

:huh: Wow! That's pretty good Kylie! Have you listed the books that you are going to give away on your reading blog? I must take a look.

I haven't had any time to read for the last couple of days, which makes me sad.

I'm always right! I'm truly happy to hear that you've finished the first book of the year and must say Woman, you were very quick to take my advice :lol: I like the way you think on your feet. A very good haul and a very nice price for so many books. Frankie is happy.

I haven't had any time to read for the last couple of days, which makes me sad.

You didn't need to tell me twice to buy more books! :lol:

Hope you get more time to read hun, I know how you miss it if you don't :friends0:

My copy of The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff arrived today, I was pleasantly surprised because I had forgotten I had ordered it. :giggle:

When I get home to Cork I'm going to be ordering myself a large parcel of Arthurian books from Amazon as a late Christmas present to myself! People give me money rather than book vouchers, which suits me, so I'll be using that. Also I'm halfway through The Winter King and still loving it. Will be ordering the second two in the trilogy in my parcel!

My Kindle arrived from Amazon today so I've been checking that out, I've just got 2 free books for it, The Legends of King Arthur and his Knights and The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes

The problem now is, do I read a book from the TBR shelf or let the kindle books queue jump? decisions decisions! :blush:

You didn't need to tell me twice to buy more books! :lol:

Hope you get more time to read hun, I know how you miss it if you don't :friends0:

Thanks hun :friends3: I've been busy today as well and haven't been reading, but at least I've had a bit of time to work my way through the unread posts on this forum, which is always lovely :smile2:

I am reading 'Unwind' by Neal Shusterman, which is a bit weird but I am enjoying it :)

^Still the same :):bookworm:

Still a bit weird, Weave?

I've only managed to get up to page 124 of PopCo :(. I'm really enjoying it, but my mind has been so much on other things I tend to only get in a few pages before I have to switch tasks. Ugh...

Still a bit weird, Weave?

I've only managed to get up to page 124 of PopCo :(. I'm really enjoying it, but my mind has been so much on other things I tend to only get in a few pages before I have to switch tasks. Ugh...

Yip still weird :giggle: I added 'Popco' to my TBR pile, hope you get to read more hen :)

I've been lying outside in our hammock reading Brisingr by Christopher Paolini. I'm not a huge fan of the Eragon series and must admit I'm mostly reading it because the library has been closed for christmas so I'm short on reading options. And seeing as I have read the first two books in the series I fell I need to finish it.

It has hit a dull point now though which is why I'm on the computer. :giggle2:

I've been lying outside in our hammock reading Brisingr by Christopher Paolini. I'm not a huge fan of the Eragon series and must admit I'm mostly reading it because the library has been closed for christmas so I'm short on reading options. And seeing as I have read the first two books in the series I fell I need to finish it.

It has hit a dull point now though which is why I'm on the computer. :giggle2:

Forgive me if I'm wrong but isn't there a fourth book in that series? I've read the first two but remember putting the third off until the last one came out.

yep checked a few sites and they all say there's another one coming so you could say you will be one step closer to finishing the series when you finish Brisingr. so sorry for the news :(

Was looking to see if a couple of authors had ebooks available so that I could add them to my wishlist, only to find another book I didn't think was out until later in the year was now available and on special offer, and another book I've been meaning to get for ages was also on special offer, so I downloaded both. Now fortunately, as I have already explained to Janet, if you buy books using gift certificates then they count as presents and not as purchases, and these were bought with some money left on my iTunes gift card, so I received two new belated Christmas presents yesterday evening. ;)

Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover by Ally Carter

The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy by Douglas Adams

Edited by chesilbeach

Forgive me if I'm wrong but isn't there a fourth book in that series? I've read the first two but remember putting the third off until the last one came out.

yep checked a few sites and they all say there's another one coming so you could say you will be one step closer to finishing the series when you finish Brisingr. so sorry for the news :(

Oh no. Well if it gets any duller I will give it a miss.

Finished Ella Minnow Pea last night. Loved it, very original.

Now I've kind of broken my rule about not re-reading anything for awhile, and I have started The Stand....again. :giggle: I just can't help it. It's too good a read. I bought the Kindle version, however incredibly irritatingly, the formatting isn't up to scratch. There are no section breaks within the chapters, so it reads as though each chapter is one continuous section about the same characters. Very irritating. I will try to contact Amazon/the publishers about it :irked: