Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 13

Chrissy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I wish I could pop home at lunch time to read! It's been made to difficult for me to read at work. :(

Yes, me too. Only problem is I would probably forget to come back to work if the book was very exciting. It's difficult for me to read at work too, I try to put people off when I'm sitting at my desk reading at lunchtime but they don't seem to understand .............

Woohoo! Excellent news, Charm, I'm so pleased you like them too.

Thanks chesil :D I'm really enjoying them, thanks for the final push to start them ;)

Ok so its about 20 minutes later and I have just bought the next 3 (well you can't take it with you can you :rolleyes: )

:lol: I like your style!

I started Glass Houses by Rachel Caine last night. That makes it 3 books at a time again. :blush:

Hope you like it, I'm about half way through Feast Of Fools at the min. It must be good, my mojo chomping at the bit! ;)

I finished reading Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris and found it to be quite an enjoyable read.

Now I'm continuing on with The Library at Night. I keep having a hard time getting into this one, but it's still a really good read.

I also received four books in the mail today:

Roddy Doyle: Paddy Clarke Ha Ha Ha

James Kelman: How Late It Was, How Late

Jack Kerouac: Doctor Sax

Sinclair Lewis: It Can't Happen Here

picked up The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett, and I'm absolutely loving it so far.

Have you seen any of the film versions, Frankie? If you haven't, I would recommend :D.

I read about 25 pages of PopCo last night and then skimmed through the 'visual' part of my new Oral/Visual Chili Peppers History book :D. Flea sure likes to be naked a lot! :lol:

At the moment I am about halfway through Norwegian Wood by Japanese author Haruki Murakami, which is set in 1960's Japan. 2 more books arrived from Amazon this morning, and I am not sure which one I will read next - they are both very different - The Long Haul by Alex Hibbert which is about an expedition across the Greenland icecap, and Independent People by Icelandic author Halldor Laxness. I have been wanting to read this one for a while, so I may read this one next.

Home again this lunchtime (I Know I am a lucky girl, beats sitting at my desk though) nothing new to read so I delved into and Agatha Christie I had which are scripts for the plays 'And then there were none' and 'The Mousetrap' I love the fact it gives all the scene direction and movement of the characters. Waiting for the new books to arrive tommorow, maybe I should keep a list of what I have read this year...hmmm not sure:mrgreen:

I am currently on page 209 of The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice.

I am really enjoying and can't wait to get home and get stuck into again (I am at work).

At the moment I am about halfway through Norwegian Wood by Japanese author Haruki Murakami, which is set in 1960's Japan.

Hope you are enjoying it Talisman. I read it awhile ago, I have to admit I found it a bit hard to read but I was in the library the other day and seen more books by Haruki Murakami and think I will read some more by this author.

Oh, forgot to add that I got the following books today in three charity shops in town.

Total cost was £3.40!!!!! Oh how I love charity shops. :D

1. Great Expectations ~by~ Charles Dickens

2. Far from the Madding Crowd ~by~ Thomas Hardy

3. The Diary of Anne Frank ~by~ Anne Frank

4. Step on a Crack ~by~ James Patterson and Michael Ledwidge

5. Amanda's Wedding ~by~ Jenny Colgan

6. Adrian Mole: The Cuppuccino Years ~by~ Sue Townsend

7. Report for Murder ~by~ V.L. McDermid

8. The Shining ~by~ Stephen King

9. Carrie ~by~ Stephen King

10. The Witches of Chiswick ~by~ Robert Rankin

11. The Interpretation of Murder ~by~ Jed Rubenfeld

Edited by Shin

I received a surprise package in the post this morning from my sister, in it was 2 books Rachel Ray by Anthony Trollope & Desperate Remedies by Thomas Hardy , also a pair of reading glasses in a little case & a bookmark with pictures of me & her & my other sister who lives in the states on it. It was a such a lovely present because she'd obviously put a lot of thought into it :smile2:

I'm still enjoying The Forsyte Saga even though I'm not getting through it very quickly.

I've finished Feast Of Fools by Rachel Caine and even though I'm still enjoying the series, I'm thinking of taking a break from Morganville and moving on to Don't Tell by Karen Rose. It's a new author for me but I've heard great things about her so I'm hoping my mojo hangs in there for the ride ;)

Just finished Dracula, by Bram Stoker. It was probably the wrong time to read it, but I don't really like to give up on books so... anyway, what's done is done so moving on to the next book... I have a big TBR pile this year! :rolleyes:

Hope you are enjoying it Talisman. I read it awhile ago, I have to admit I found it a bit hard to read but I was in the library the other day and seen more books by Haruki Murakami and think I will read some more by this author.

I felt the same when started to read Haruki Murakami's books. But even if it is hard to read, I would definitely recommend this author. I was well-impressed with Kafka on the Shore... :)

Finished Lolita last night. Over all it wasn't a bad book, story was interesting, I just think I picked the wrong time to read it as I wasn't really in to it. I'll have to read it again sometime and see how I feel about it then :D

I started Room by Emma Donoghue. Enjoying it so far!

I haven't but I would like to. Which version would you recommend? :)

I'm a big fan of the 1993 version, Frankie. John Lynch plays Archibald Craven :D.

Those are two great King books you got at the charity shop, Shin! The Shining is one of my all time faves.

I'm really disappointed in myself. I haven't picked up my book for 3 days now! There's one New Year's Goal (I do not make resolutions) ruined already. Please scold me so that I know I've done bad.

I'm really disappointed in myself. I haven't picked up my book for 3 days now! There's one New Year's Goal (I do not make resolutions) ruined already. Please scold me so that I know I've done bad.

*shakes fist at Amesy* Aww, I can't stay mad at you. C'mere and give me a hug. friends0.gif

I wouldn't say you've ruined your resolution yet. You've still got plenty of time to pick up the pace!

I've started reading Mark Twain's The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. I've read around 40 pages and I'm enjoying it so far. :)

*shakes fist at Amesy* Aww, I can't stay mad at you. C'mere and give me a hug. friends0.gif

I wouldn't say you've ruined your resolution yet. You've still got plenty of time to pick up the pace!

Aww, that's sweet. Thank you Kylie :friends0:

I've started reading Mark Twain's The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. I've read around 40 pages and I'm enjoying it so far. :)

The original I hope and not this blasted edited version I've been hearing about. Edited by Amesy