Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 13

Chrissy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow Kylie - you are such a quick reader.

Haha! I don't feel like a fast reader. I started The Library at Night on the 1st of January and only just finished it. It was only about 320 pages long. I like to read a couple of books at the same time though. I can't stick to just one because I have so many books tempting me on my shelves! I'm trying to stick to Huck Finn only for tonight, but I have no doubt I'll start another book tomorrow. :)

I'm a quarter of the way through The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde started this afternoon and enjoying it very much so far. :)

Glad you're enjoying it pip, I really couldn't take to it. I finished it, I just couldn't see what all the hype was about :huh:(sorry Noll! )

I'm still reading Don't Tell by Karen Rose and am enjoying it very much :D

Sunday morning means time on my hands which usually results in surfing Amazon's kindle store, and subsequently leads to another download, despite wanting to reduce TBR before buying any more new books and today was no exception. I downloaded Ghost Town by Rachel Caine, as I couldn't wait any longer to read it. One Starbucks later and I'm two chapters in already :D

Popped into the works, got 3 books for £5. Galilee by Clive Barker, Ship of magic by Robin Hobb and Chelsea Cain omnibus of Heartsick and Sweetheart. I already have an unread copy of Heartsick which I'm planning on giving to my cousin who has recently got into crime novels.

I finished Lee Child's - Without Fail this morning by lying in bed til late, now I am trying which of my library books to start until my new...yes new...(I couldn't resist) order from Amazon come through

Sunday morning means time on my hands which usually results in surfing Amazon's kindle store, and subsequently leads to another download, despite wanting to reduce TBR before buying any more new books and today was no exception. I downloaded Ghost Town by Rachel Caine, as I couldn't wait any longer to read it. One Starbucks later and I'm two chapters in already :D

Just finished reading this one :blush: Perfect Sunday reading for me though. :smile2:

Glad you're enjoying it pip, I really couldn't take to it. I finished it, I just couldn't see what all the hype was about :huh:(sorry Noll! )

I'm still reading Don't Tell by Karen Rose and am enjoying it very much :D

Charm, I'm thoroughly enjoying the book, it's so beautifully written, but it wouldn't do for us all to like the same things would it? :wink:

I'm glad to see that your mojo has returned from it's travels as well! :)

I finished Last Sacrifice last night - mainly because I wasn't feeling too good and couldn't sleep.

Started Anna Karenina by Tolstoy but am so tired I have had to switch to Bloodfever by Karen Marie Moning for an easier read. Anna Karenina is very chunky so I might have to do it in bursts.

I fnished reading Reckless by Cornelia Funke this morning. It's gone to the top of my list as best read so far this year, and I'll be hoping for a sequel!

Have you read her Inkheart trilogy? If so, how do they compare?

ETA: Oops, never mind Page Turner. I've just found your review. :smile2:

I've read around 100 pages of Huckleberry Finn. It's going very well. :)

Edited by Kylie

I read 84 Charing Cross Road many years ago, and loved it, can't say the same for the Didion book though, just not my cuppa.

Well, I just finished the Didion book last night and I agree with you, not my cuppa at all.

I started reading Deborah Rodriguez's The Kabul Beauty School last night, I'm only up to 15 pages but it seems interesting so far. I had no idea it was non-fiction when I started reading it, I had to read the blurb again when I realised that the narrator has the same name as the author :giggle:

Edited by frankie

I started, finished and thoroughly enjoyed my Book Ring read, 'The Small Hand' by Susan Hill. A creepy short little ghost story.

Starting today I have 'Clockwork Angel' by Cassandra Clare to read. It's Book One of her Infernal Devices series, and having enjoyed her Mortal Instruments series so very much, I have high hopes for this. :D

I finished Last Sacrifice last night - mainly because I wasn't feeling too good and couldn't sleep.

Started Anna Karenina by Tolstoy but am so tired I have had to switch to Bloodfever by Karen Marie Moning for an easier read. Anna Karenina is very chunky so I might have to do it in bursts.

I hope you enjoy it, I have to say that it reaches somewhere near the top of my top 10 book I dislike, but it was ages ago that I read it.

I started Linger - Maggie Stiefvater this morning its a gentle read which is what I need on a wet and windy morning before work

I started reading The wonderful wizard of OZ by Frank Baum which will be my first Rory read for the year. So far I've had two ups and a down with this book. Up was when I remembered reading (and watching) another book called Return to Oz so I rang mum and she still has it so I'm picking it up Thursday. Plus after going over one of the many Rory lists out there I found out there is a series of books written by Frank about Oz, so needless so say they are now on my wishlist. The down was discovering that the ruby slippers are silver in the book which makes me kinda sad.