Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 13

Chrissy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wanted to make use of the ebooks on offer for only £1 on Amazon, so I bought four new ebooks today:

The Hundred and Ninety-Nine Steps by Michel Faber

The Courage Consort by Michel Faber

The Fire Gospel by Michel Faber

Snobbery With Violence by M. C. Beaton

I've read a couple more chapters of The Crimson Petal and the White which I'm really enjoying.

I have not had much chance to read over the past few days but I am still enjoying 'Chocolat' by Joanne Harris :)

Wanted to make use of the ebooks on offer for only £1 on Amazon, so I bought four new ebooks today:

The Hundred and Ninety-Nine Steps by Michel Faber

The Courage Consort by Michel Faber

The Fire Gospel by Michel Faber

I did the same; I bought all the Michel Faber books that were available for £1, aside from short stories. I've only read The Crimson Petal and the White by him, but it was good enough to get me hooked. :wink:

I did the same; I bought all the Michel Faber books that were available for £1, aside from short stories. I've only read The Crimson Petal and the White by him, but it was good enough to get me hooked. :wink:

I realised after that I'd also meant to get The Fahrenheit Twins, so I've just gone back and got that as well :blush:

Finished the last 20 odd pages of Memoirs of a Geisha today, loved it. LOVED it. Amazing. Won't be the last time I've read it I can tell you that. ;)

this is how I felt about that book! I couldnt put it down, and I already want to re-read it!

I started The Forsythe Saga by John Galsworthy yesterday but only managed 20 pages as I'm busy with the spring cleaning at the moment (I know it's a bit early but if I leave it till spring I might not be bothered to do it).

I've started off the year with The Snowman, by Jo Nesbo. It's quite eerie and atmospheric already, a promising start :smile2:

I loved it hope you enjoy it.

I bought The Hunger Games Trilogy today in waterstones \s recommended on here so hope its good.

I haven't read anything for a couple of days but I'm hoping for a relaxing reading day tomorrow to make up for it.

I did however visit Amazon and I ordered the kindle with my christmas money I received, I'm really looking forward to using it. :D

I haven't had a chance for much reading in the last day or two, but I'm nearly halfway through Watchmen by Alan Moore and still on the first chapter of The Library at Night by Alberto Manguel.

I've started off the year with The Snowman, by Jo Nesbo. It's quite eerie and atmospheric already, a promising start :smile2:

Verrrrraaa atmospheric! I loved it. :D

Continuing to make my way through Blood Meridian. It's intense.

I've tried, twice now, to read Blood Meridian, couldn't make it through. I don't think I'll try again, although, I try to never say Never.

Nearly finished The Hungry Hills by Janet Macleod Trotter set in a north-east mining community in 1926 during the General Strike. Going to collect Winter's Bone by Daniel Woodrell from the library tomorrow and also ordered online: Wake by Robert J Sawyer/Wild Trek by Jim Kjelgaard/Women Of Ill Fame by Erika Mailman. Also fancy The Small Hand by Susan Hill.

I have signed up for another long term reading Challenge :giggle2: This one has almost 700 books on :rolleyes: So I've spent most of the morning sorting out what books I've already got to read. I really must stop looking at really long book lists :blush:

Ooh, which challenge is that?

I've just finished up chapter 8 of Watchmen and will be reading a bit of The Library at Night before heading to bed. In keeping with the title, I might even read it in my library, :)

I've finished The Elephant Vanishes by Haruki Murakami (great short stories book... but I really like this writer so...), a Christmas present. Now I'm reading Bram Stoker's Dracula and hopefully I'll finish it tomorrow, just in time to go back to England reading something new.. :)