Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 13

Chrissy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I finished reading Letters from Father Christmas by JRR Tolkien and Diggers by Terry Pratchett. Both were excellent.

I also read a couple of chapters of The Yellow-Lighted Bookshop by Lewis Buzbee.

I also read a couple of chapters of The Yellow-Lighted Bookshop by Lewis Buzbee.

I loved this one, so hope you're enjoying it too, Kylie :D

I started my first ever reading of A Christmas Carol this morning. Despite the fact I love virtually every single film adaptation, I've never actually read it, but it was a free ebook I could download so I've made a start today :smile2:

I'm pretty sure I bought it because of your review Chesilbeach...it had been on my wish list for ages. Yes, I'm really enjoying it, and I have more of a desire than ever to quit my job and go work in a bookshop. :)

I'm almost finished 'The Scorch Trials' by James Dashner and I invested in (well my husband did :hug: ) ~

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

Elidor by Alan Garner (I read it many many many moons ago and I loved it)

The Body Finder by Kimberly Dertin (Thanks Lexie for the recommendation)

:)

How did you like this, Kidsmum? Chevalier is one of my favorite authors and I loved Pearl Earring :D.

I loved it & found it compulsive reading I stayed up late one night because I just had to finish it :D Are her other books as good?

I managed to read a few pages of The Cry of the Owl while I stirred the gravy :lol:

This Christmas is awful, bookwise! I haven't received any books and haven't been reading any. I tried to get into Hippopotamus by Stephen Fry but it seemed a tad boring :blush: My mojo's gone. I miss my bookshelves back home, I'm sure I would find something to suit my fancy.

This Christmas is awful, bookwise! I haven't received any books and haven't been reading any. I tried to get into Hippopotamus by Stephen Fry but it seemed a tad boring :blush: My mojo's gone. I miss my bookshelves back home, I'm sure I would find something to suit my fancy.

Aw, poor Frankie. Did you take any other books with you?

Pontalba, I'll be interested in your thoughts on Time's Eye. I read it several years ago and enjoyed it reasonably well. The second book is more unusual and I've yet to read the third.

I've read a couple of chapters of The Yellow-Lighted Bookshop in the last couple of days. Now that I'm home again I'm getting settled in for an afternoon of reading. I'll be starting Trixie Belden and the Mystery of the Missing Millionaire shortly.

I loved it & found it compulsive reading I stayed up late one night because I just had to finish it :D Are her other books as good?

I quite agree, Kidsmum! I would highly recommend Chevalier's Lady and the Unicorn, which is easily in my top 10 reads of all time. Her latest book, Remarkable Creatures is one I haven't read yet but I'm looking forward to it :D.

I haven't had any time to read the past couple of days, but I did get both a Barnes & Noble and Borders gift card for Christmas so I'm ready to spend!

I quite agree, Kidsmum! I would highly recommend Chevalier's Lady and the Unicorn, which is easily in my top 10 reads of all time. Her latest book, Remarkable Creatures is one I haven't read yet but I'm looking forward to it :D.

I have that one on my TBR pile, it came free with a magazine I bought awhile ago :D