Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 13

Chrissy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished The Ghost Writer today, and was thoroughly creeped out! I'll post a review on my reading log. Thanks go entirely to Weave for sending me this book! Big win :clapping:

I can't wait to hear what you think of the ending peacefield, I was very much :o

I'm almost finished 'The Maze Runner' by James Dashner :)

I read a bit more of Generation Dead this morning, its taking me ages to read it not because its not good, just one of those things maybe I don't find zombies as appealing as the other dead guys :D

I only have about 70 pages of left of The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath.

I've been reading a few pages of Letters from Father Christmas by JRR Tolkien each night before bed. It's wonderful. Thanks so much Poppyshake for recommending it! :)

I'm also nearly two-thirds through First Among Sequels by Jasper Fforde. I just had an ohmy.gif moment while reading it. It's excellent.

Pride and Prejudice is my favourite Jane Austen novel, so I'd recommend you go with that one. :)

Bunce, I think you could go with either one, they're both brilliant :smile2:

I started reading Possible Side Effects by Augusten Burroughs last night, good stuff as always!

Thanks for the swift reply, you two. I'll opt for Pride and Prejudice, I think.

I am almost half way through Boy's Life by Robert McCammon. My goodness, this book is excellent! I was a bit skeptical when I saw all the positive reviews on amazon, but it really is that good. At least, so far. I will do a review of this book. It is my first by the author, and it probably won't be my last. He has other books that look fascinating. :D

No mojo = no book activity here :(

You need to get that mojo of yours on a serious behaviour treatment facility, it seems to be going AWOL all the time!!! :friends0: I hope you two are soon reunited.

I can't believe I haven't read a single page today, eventhough I thought I'd have the whole day for reading. Too much house work :irked:

Just finished Holy Terror, by Graham Masterton, possibly the first book of his that I've read that hasn't grossed and/or freaked me out, lol.

Also just finished Beyond Exile, by J. L. Bourne.

Just started Carnies, by Martin Livings, and am enjoying it so far.

Just finished The Weed That Strings the Hangman's Bag by Alan Bradley. Just as lovely as the first book. Can't wait for the 3rd one to come out!

I've only read the first one, and loved it. I look forward to the next two. I'm trying to wait till the second comes out in paperback, to match the first one I have. /impatiently tapping fingers/ :D

I'm engrossed by The passage by Justin Cronin, I love nice long books to cosy up with when it horrid outside.

Really loved this one! I have bought The Summer Guest, the only other one that B&N had on the shelf.

Arrived in the mail:

Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran

An Object of Beauty by Steve Martin

I bought 2 books on Friday. One was The Mysterious Island — Jules Verne and the other was The Phantom of the Opera — Gaston Leroux.

I started reading The Mysterious Island. The translation is wonderful and I'm considering buying the Modern Classic Library version of all his books. I'm starting to love everything Jules Verne has written.

I have about 30 pages left of Plath's journals. I doubt I'll finish it today because I'm too tired. I plan on shelving some books later. :)

30 pages! You're a machine, Kylie! :D

My latest book haul:

The Eleven Thousand Rods by Apollinaire

The Exploits of a Young Don Juan by Apollinaire

Death at la Fenice by Donna Leon

The Pact by Jodi Picoult

Glue by Irvine Welsh

Farmer Giles of Ham by J. R. R. Tolkien

The Kabul Beauty School by Deborah Rodriguez

Schindler's List by Thomas Keneally

I am half way through The Scorch Trials by James Dashner, so far, so good, and I bought some books ~

Unwind by Neal Shusterman

The Winter Ghosts by Kate Mosse

In the Shadow of Gotham by Stefanie Pintoff :)

30 pages! You're a machine, Kylie! :D

I don't feel like a machine! After putting The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath down after reading 50-60 pages back in March, I just put in at least 6 solid weeks and finally finished it this morning. It feels like quite an achievement!

Now I can concentrate on First Among Sequels and Letters from Father Christmas.

You need to get that mojo of yours on a serious behaviour treatment facility, it seems to be going AWOL all the time!!! :friends0: I hope you two are soon reunited.

Thanks :hug: I did manage to read a few pages last night but I don't think I'll reach my 2010 target :( Oh well, there's always next year ;)