Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 13

Chrissy

I finished Gem Squash Tokoloshe last night , it was a really good read even though I did kind of guess the ending so it wasn't a surprise. I'm now reading An Awfully Big Adventure by Beryl Bainbridge.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am half way through The Scorch Trials by James Dashner, so far, so good, and I bought some books ~

Unwind by Neal Shusterman

The Winter Ghosts by Kate Mosse

In the Shadow of Gotham by Stefanie Pintoff :)

Hey Weave! I know I read 'In the Shadow of Gotham,' but for the life of me I can't remember what it's about! :lol: I'm pretty sure I liked it though :D.

I've read about 70 pages of PopCo this weekend, and am really enjoying it. Very quirky and right up my street! I'm sorry too that I have yet to post my reviews of the other books I've finished. Soon though! I'll have some free time this weekend.

According to Kindle for PC, I've read 30% of Moab is my Washpot today, which now leaves me on 75%. So, a quarter of the book left to read. One would imagine I'll finish the book in the next day or two, whence I will then begin on Oscar Wilde's The Picture of Dorian Gray.

Just finished Mr Golightly's Holiday by Salley Vickers. This book starts off deceptively like any other novel, but as you read on you realise it has hidden depths and analogies. I thoroughly enjoyed it, she writes beautifully with a great deal of insight. This is the second book of hers I've read in a row and I'm going to look out some more. Along with Neil Gaiman she is my favourite new author this year.

There was an update to iBooks on my iPad yesterday, and it now has the option to sort the ebooks into categories, so spent a lovely hour organising my digital books yesterday! Also made a start on the last Vampire Academy book, Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead. This was followed by another enjoyable hour filling up my wishlist of ebooks for the Kindle app. All from the comfort of my armchair :smile2:

I read a bit more of The Passage this morning, all I can say is I want not to be at work but lying in bed reading more of it. 4 more sleeps til Christmas then I can do that (well apart from on the DAY itself)

I received another book for my dystopian collection today:

Koushun Takami: Battle Royale

I've also started reading The Yellow-Lighted Bookshop by Lewis Buzbee. It's great so far. :)

I received another book for my dystopian collection today:

Koushun Takami: Battle Royale

Oh I bought 'Battle Royale' for my husband a few months ago, looking forward to hearing (and reading) your thoughts) :)

I'm halfway through 'The Scorch Trials' by James Dashner (the sequel to 'The Maze Runner'), its very exciting :)

Edited by Weave

Just finished Mr Golightly's Holiday by Salley Vickers. This book starts off deceptively like any other novel, but as you read on you realise it has hidden depths and analogies. I thoroughly enjoyed it, she writes beautifully with a great deal of insight. This is the second book of hers I've read in a row and I'm going to look out some more. Along with Neil Gaiman she is my favourite new author this year.

I'm sure I have this somewhere in my TBR pile I'll have to burrow into it & see if I can dig it out :D

I've nearly finished An Awfully Big Adventure this is only the second Beryl Bainbridge I've read but I'm really impressed I'll definitely be looking out for more of her stuff.

I'm working the late shift all this week which mean sitting around reading a book until the end of the shift, because no one logs a call with the helpdesk after 5pm so what else am I going to do until 10pm?.... I love the late shift :)

Tonight, or perhaps I ought now to say 'yesterday evening', I managed to complete the remainder of Moab is my Washpot. I make it sound as though it was a challenge; on the contrary, it was a page-turner. A book where I found myself refraining from hesitation and distractions. I've made a short review of it in my books thread.

Now, I'm going to move on to The Picture of Dorian Gray.

Tonight, or perhaps I ought now to say 'yesterday evening', I managed to complete the remainder of Moab is my Washpot. I make it sound as though it was a challenge; on the contrary, it was a page-turner. A book where I found myself refraining from hesitation and distractions. I've made a short review of it in my books thread.

Now, I'm going to move on to The Picture of Dorian Gray.

I am most of the way through that as well and you are right its very good

I have had to come to work which means I had to with great reluctance put down The Passage - Justin Cronin its a fab read and I want to finish it before Christmas.

I received two more books in the mail today (this should be the last of them until next year):

Joyce Maynard: At Home in the World (an autobiography of the woman who moved in with the much older JD Salinger when she was 18)

Irving Stone: Lust for Life (a fictional account of Van Gogh's life)

I'm about halfway through Terry Pratchett's Diggers, which I'm enjoying as much as the first in the trilogy. The Yellow-Lighted Bookshop is also going very well and I adore Tolkien's Letters from Father Christmas so much that I'm having trouble trying to make it last until Christmas. I have reluctantly decided to forgo reading A Christmas Carol this year because of lack of time. :( Tolkien's book is filling in the Christmas gap very nicely though. I can see this one becoming an annual tradition. :)

I received today ~

Unwind by Neal Shusterman

and I also got a early Christmas gift from my friend ~ The Black Dagger Brotherhood: An Insider's Guide by J.R. Ward

:)

I received The People's Act of Love by James Meek in the post today. Isn't it a tad embarrassing when you email Amazon about the very long delay in delivery - err and then it turns up in the post today :smile2:

Edited by SueK

I received The People's Act of Love by James Meek in the post today. Isn't it a tad embarrassing when you email Amazon about the very long delay in delivery - err and then it turns up in the post today :smile2:

:blush: :blush: I did that last year and like yourself, the book showed up the same day, I felt so mean :blush: