The Last Film You Saw

Chrissy

We watched 'The Ruins' tonight and man oh man was it bad. While the special efx were actually pretty good, they deviated so much from the material of the book, leaving whole characters out and having different things happen to different characters, it was just too hard to watch. Oh well, at least we had a good laugh!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought about seeing that Cera film, Noll. I think he filmed it with his real-life girlfriend, and wasn't it a documentary?

It's a mockumentary. It's a film made to look like a documentary, about Charlyne Yi (played as fictional, by herself) and Michael Cera (played as fictional, by himself) in reponse to people claiming they dated when apparently they were only ever good friends - and man is THAT clear in the movie. No chemistry between them whatsoever - it actually detracts from the real-life stories of love told throughout the film. The story is about Charlyne not being able to fall in love - and then meeting Michael. The real-life stories are very moving though, and there's a lovely puppet animation to animate various parts of the story. It's by no means amazing, but if you're bored it's worth a look.

ETA: I told you The Ruins sucked!! :P

Frankie, that movie wasn't memorable at all, huh? Well except for Cusack, I thought it was very blah.

It was total rubbish I tell you. The dog bits were the best, I loved that huge beastly looking dog that the female lead doggy-sat every now and then for her brother. Cusack was alright of course. I didn't mind checking out Dermot Mulroney, either, he's quite the handsome devil isn't he.

We watched 'The Ruins' tonight and man oh man was it bad. While the special efx were actually pretty good, they deviated so much from the material of the book, leaving whole characters out and having different things happen to different characters, it was just too hard to watch. Oh well, at least we had a good laugh!

Aww, I'm sorry to hear the movie had nothing on the novel :empathy: Too bad you even found out about the film version.

ETA: I told you The Ruins sucked!! :P

:lol: And you were exactly right, Noll! It was fun to laugh at though, I'll give you that. As for the Cera movie, I might check it out because I do love mockumentaries. Obviously it doesn't sound as good as Christopher Guest's films, but yeah, if I'm bored and find someone to borrow it from I'll watch it ;).

Frankie, I'm sorry you had to watch such a dismal Cusack film! I can't remember, have you seen Grosse Pointe Blank? Or is that one of those films that I've already told you that you HAVE to see?! :P Man, I haven't heard the name Dermot Mulroney in awhile! I don't think I've seen very many of his films - was he the guy in 'My Best Friend's Wedding?' We had fun laughing at The Ruins, so at least that was the highlight of my night :D.

Cemetry Junction which was better than expected, and When Saturday Comes which was like every other generic 'it's reet grim oop North' indie movie, but without any of the wit or charm of Full Monty or Brassed Off.

I finally saw Zombieland! (Weave will be proud of me ;)) It was hilarious, although I had to close my eyes a few times since I just can't stomach all that squishy bloody stuff :lol: I think my fave stuff in it was seeing all the tips about fighting zombies come up on the screen - the 'double tap' and 'cardio.' Good times! :D