The Last Film You Saw

Chrissy

"A Single Man". Very good, very sad film. One of those "Dead Poets' Society" kind of philosophical/arty films, which don't appeal to everyone, but I love them.

Wouldn't have been nearly as good without Colin Firth - his performance really is the driving force behind the whole movie, but that's okay, because it's a performance worthy of the multiple Best Actor awards he won for it.

Well worth a watch.

It was a lovely film wasn't it, but as you say sad and he would def be up for my vote for best actor.

We went to see the A-Team at the weekend...what a lot of fun...lol

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last film I saw at the cinema was shrek-forever after or whatever it was called. The last film on DVD I saw was Dorian Gray, the ending creeps me out! :(

I watched 1408 on Sunday and Dead Poets Society last night. The previous was excellent I think, very creepy and almost psychotic, it made me sometimes wonder if I'm losing my own mind. Very spooky!! The latter was a bit of a disappointment, I got really bored at times. I think the ending was nice though. I loved seeing young Ethan Hawke and Robert Sean Leonard whom I've seen in House, where I don't like him at all. I think he was amazing in this movie, and pretttty handsome :giggle:

I watched 1408 on Sunday and Dead Poets Society last night. The previous was excellent I think, very creepy and almost psychotic, it made me sometimes wonder if I'm losing my own mind. Very spooky!! The latter was a bit of a disappointment, I got really bored at times. I think the ending was nice though. I loved seeing young Ethan Hawke and Robert Sean Leonard whom I've seen in House, where I don't like him at all. I think he was amazing in this movie, and pretttty handsome :giggle:

Oh no! I'm sorry you didn't enjoy DPS more Frankie. sad.gif

I too am sad you didn't enjoy Dead Poets Society as much as some of the rest of us did, Frankie. It's hard when you see a film for the first time years after it was released, and said film was quite critically acclaimed in its day. Like you said, a person tends to have high expectations, so if it's not quite your style it's a bit of a letdown. I remember seeing that film in the theatre and loving it, although I haven't seen it in ages. I wonder if my thoughts would be any different now?

Last night I had Jaws going on in the background to keep up the shark vibe whilst I painted :D. It still remains one of my top 10 films of all time!

I watched catwoman again the other day, even though I had watched it the week before :rolleyes:

I thought "What a weird thing to say about another forum member", and wondered whether I should alert Michelle. Then I remembered what thread I was in! :lol: I understand the multiple viewings as it's an easy on the brain kind of film. :)

The last film I saw was Marly and Me. Why oh why did I do it to myself? I knew how it was going to end, but couldn't resist. :cry:

That kills me. No matter how many times I've seen it (and read the book) I still end up sobbing :( It's a good movie though, Marley is adorable :)

I watched The Fox and the Hound (not one of my favourite Disney flicks) and Mighty Ducks 2 (an old childhood favourite) yesterday.

I recorded The Exorcist last night and I'm debating whether or not to watch it. I'm a real scaredy-cat.

Sin City happened to be on tv a couple of nights ago. Sweet, I've been planning on watching this one again for a while. Seeing the film again reminded me of how much I like it. I just love the way they've managed to bring Miller's graphic novels to life, Sin City is visually great as this film, too. Ah. I think I'm going to buy this one on dvd when I have some extra money to spend.

Just watched Back To The Future Part II for benefit of other half who until a few weeks ago hadn't seen any of the trilogy. He liked Part I, didn't dislike Part II as much as me (I think it's just dreadful), and we've got Part III to come soon, which neither of us have seen, and others have told me is better than Part II.

I went to the cinema to see The A Team on Thursday, which was better than I expected. Full of ridiculous action which seemed to poke fun at the genre which stopped it from being rubbish.

In the middle of The Matrix Revolutions on TV at the moment. Really not the best of the 3 (the trilogy is a classic case of the first being the best).

Had time for another film, so just watched The Proposal again. I don't know why but no matter how bad it is, I can't resist a Sandra Bullock romcom :lol:

I watched it last night for the second time too, it's pretty funny, but I mostly watched it because I love Sandra :D

The last film I watched was Gamer last night, all I can say is Gerard Butler - hubba hubba <3

Edited by lexiepiper

I went to the cinema the other day & saw Knight & Day (Tom Cruise & Cameron Diaz) - Excellent movie! Have recently renewed my Lovefilm.com membership, so will be watching lots of movies! :D

I watched Street Kings last night. It was better than expected. It's the first time I've watched Keanu Reeves where I didn't expect him to call someone 'duuuude'.

Funny to see Hugh Laurie in it too. I wonder if he got his 'House' gig off the back of his performance in Street Kings. It was the first time I'd ever seen him in something serious.