The Last Film You Saw

Chrissy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Tomorrow, When the War Began last night. Man, I've been waiting for this book to be made into a movie for about 15 years, no joke. It was excellent as adaptations go. Large parts of dialogue were taken directly from the book and because I've read it so many times I was almost able to speak along with the characters. I felt like the acting was a little bit clunky in places, but otherwise an excellent movie. Worth the wait. :D

I am watching Logans Run, don't think I have ever watched it all the way through before

I love 'Logan's Run' pickle its so cheesy but brilliant :)

Watched Last Chance Harvey yesterday. I've never been sure of Dustin Hoffman, always a bit ambivalent, so I thought if he can't convince me while in a film with the wonderful Emma Thompson, then he never will. And he didn't. Of course, it didn't help that the script wasn't good, the direction was poor, and the secondary characters were woefully underused (the story of Emma Thompson's mother was patchy and unresolved, and a waste of screen time, despite the fact they had Eileen Atkins cast in the role!). Disappointing.

Chesil, I remember being disappointed in Last Chance Harvey as well. I love Emma Thompson and could really go either way with Hoffman. I did however really enjoy their work in Stranger Than Fiction, which is a movie love.

Frankie, that movie wasn't memorable at all, huh? Well except for Cusack, I thought it was very blah.

I thought about seeing that Cera film, Noll. I think he filmed it with his real-life girlfriend, and wasn't it a documentary?

I've got Close Encounters of the Third Kind on this morning in the background :D.