The Last Film You Saw

Chrissy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been to the cinema with a friend to see 'Made in Dagenham'. Was very good......equal pay for women. Am sure I would have been right up there with them. :giggle2:

I'm glad you enjoyed it, Diane. It's certainly a story worth telling. I saw the real Rita O'Grady being interviewed on TV a couple of years back, and she was certainly ...er... how to put this? ...a character :)

(And did you notice Toby from The West Wing as the Ford union-buster?)

(And did you notice Toby from The West Wing as the Ford union-buster?)

Awww, Toby! I love Richard Schiff. I think he was my fave character on that show after Josh.

I watched Star Trek last night. It was only the second time I've seen it and the first time was in the theatre quite awhile ago. Gotta love Simon Pegg as Scotty :D.

Brides Of Dracula 10/10

I love old, original films. This is top class, generically conventional horror. It is really gruesome as well. I hate the bit when the young girl is in the mirror and then she sees the male vampire. Hilarious, epic and gruesome!!!

Edited by no-1-book-fan

Bride Of Frankenstein 10/10

Again, absolutely brilliant. I am really loving horror season on BBC Four at the moment. It is a reall sad film. You feel really sorry for the monster in it who everyone is terrified of just because he looks different. When in reality he is this really sweet creature that a blind man takes a real liking to. There are some very strong, sad messages about society as a whole in this film. Complete genius.

I watched the film "alive" about the rugby team whose plan crashes in the Andes. I'd never seen it before so I said I'd give it a go. It's very moving, hard to believe it really happened.

Let The Right One In - 8/10

A really moving film that touches on some powerful issues surrounding bullying. It mixes genre cleverly and is far more than your average vampire/horror film. The acting is superb, my only criticism is that it is not as graphic as the book or detailed. This is the thing I always dislike about book adaption films.

Don't watch many films cos West Wing is currently on repeat in my DVD player :)

Of course I approve of that, Stephanie!! :D TWW is one of the best shows ever!

I saw Kicka*s! over the weekend and it was okay. I didn't think it was as great as some people said, and found it a little too overly-violent for my taste, but I still laughed a few times.