The Last Film You Saw

Chrissy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just rewatched The Land Before Time :D One of my favourite animated films. I love Don Bluth's movies.

So do I :D , especially 'Land before Time', 'Secret of NIMH and 'An American Tail' ... gorgeous animation at at a time when Disney had lost a bit of their sparkle,

I like 'All Dogs go to Heaven' too ... despite the terrible songs (or perhaps because of them :D )

That was an excellent film, Paula. Mike Leigh's new one, Another Year, comes out tomorrow, and I'm planning to see it at the weekend.

Love Mike Leigh, Roland. I think Secrets & Lies is my fave of his, but I also loved Topsy Turvy and Happy-Go-Lucky. You'll have to let us know how Another Year is. It looks like it doesn't come out here until New Years Eve.

Last night after watching 4 Bones eps I started watching 'Stranger Than Fiction,' but unfortunately fell asleep. Good think I've seen it a couple dozen times already! :D

Secrets and Lies :)

That is a truly excellent film the scene where she offers to get the dutch cap she has in attic is priceless. I love Mike Leigh films Life is Sweet is one of my favourites

Love Mike Leigh, Roland. I think Secrets & Lies is my fave of his, but I also loved Topsy Turvy and Happy-Go-Lucky. You'll have to let us know how Another Year is. It looks like it doesn't come out here until New Years Eve.

If you ever come to London, you and I will have to sit down over a cup of coffee and you can explain to me how someone whose tastes mirror mine so closely can come to have such bizarre political leanings :lol:

That is a truly excellent film the scene where she offers to get the dutch cap she has in attic is priceless. I love Mike Leigh films Life is Sweet is one of my favourites

Have a little sandwich for your birthday, pickle! That's a great one, too - Tim Spall as Aubrey the chef is brilliant! John Salthouse, the actor who played Tony in the legendary Abigail's Party, was at school with my older sister.

Have a little sandwich for your birthday, pickle! That's a great one, too - Tim Spall as Aubrey the chef is brilliant! John Salthouse, the actor who played Tony in the legendary Abigail's Party, was at school with my older sister.

I have Abigail's Party on dvd I think it's brilliant & never get tired of watching it :)

If you ever come to London, you and I will have to sit down over a cup of coffee and you can explain to me how someone whose tastes mirror mine so closely can come to have such bizarre political leanings :lol:

You'll be the first person I look up in London, Roland, believe me! We'll have a nice debate on politics and then move on to more pleasant topics like film and musicals :lol: I'll try to explain the mystery of how someone like me, with good taste in both these topics can also be a good Capitalist ;).

Another Mike Leigh fan over here! *waves* I love Secrets and Lies especially. My local cinema isn't showing Another Year (surprise surprise) so I guess I'll have to wait for the DVD.

Peace, Four Lions is a satire about terrorism. It's made by Chris Morris, the guy who did Brass Eye.

District Nine.

It was different to what I expected, but I really enjoyed it.

I loved that film :)

Last night I watched the 'working cut' of Alien3, which is supposedly closer to David Fincher's original vision for the film than the one the studio ultimately released. And, indeed, it was much, much better.

I loved that film :)

Last night I watched the 'working cut' of Alien3, which is supposedly closer to David Fincher's original vision for the film than the one the studio ultimately released. And, indeed, it was much, much better.

Oooooh, that sounds interesting; I love those movies. Where would I find this?

The Witches was on Channel 5 this afternoon when I got back from work. I only saw the last half, but it brought back the memories. I used to love it when I was younger. Watching it a few years later and I'm amazed how they made eating soup such a dramatic thing.

Anjelica Huston is amazing.

Edit: Typos. I should sleep really.

Edited by TheNinthWord

We watched Snatch tonight, one of my faves! I had forgotten about all the great dialogue and characters :D. I'm still very 'awww' though about how Frankie Four Fingers and Bullet Tooth Tony ended up.

Oooooh, that sounds interesting; I love those movies. Where would I find this?

It was originally included in the Alien Quadrilogy DVD box set, and now in the blu-ray Anthology box set, and you can get it separately as well:

Alien Quadrilogy DVD box set

Alien Anthology Blu-Ray box set

Alien3 Director's Cut

The Witches was on Channel 5 this afternoon when I got back from work. I only saw the last half, but it brought back the memories. I used to love it when I was younger.

I had to leave the movie theatre when I was young because it was too scary for me (when the witches removed their wigs and revealed their true selves). blush.gif

Last thing I saw at the movies was Paranormal Activity 2. Last one on DVD was The A-Team, I think. Oh, no, I watched the second Transformers movie this afternoon. I have Pan's Labyrinth here, I just have to remember to watch it.