The Last Film You Saw

Chrissy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping to get to Nightmare Before Christmas some time this week, Toni. I've been wanting to see it for years! Welcome to the forum, by the way. :)

I watched Love Actually last night for the umpteenth time. I never get tired of it.

I watched The Sound of Music yesterday, was lovely :D

I have been itching to watch that again since I saw the entire cast on an Oprah special last week. :)

Did you know that in the boat scene where they all fall overboard, Julie Andrews was told to fall forward out of the boat so she could assist Greta, who couldn't swim, but she accidentally fell out backwards and had to swim very fast to get to Greta. laugh.gif I think in the movie though we see Liesl helping her out - I can't quite remember for sure though.

The Holiday, Home Alone, Sweet November, Lethal Weapon 1 & 2, Nightmare on Elmstreet, Despicable Me

and lots of episodes of: Little House on the prairie, Drop Dead Diva and The Inbetweeners

I probably forgot a few movies, as I'm having a I'm-sick-and-at-home-movie-marathon.

Whilst browsing That's Entertainment! in the midst of an evening out, I picked up three new films. One of which was Jumper, which I have just watched. The other two you'll read about later as I intend to watch them within the next couple of days. It was a gripping film, albeit a bit strange. The concept of 'jumping' interested me, which enticed me to the film. However, the ending, for me, was a little bizarre. I had no idea we were nearing the end of the film until the credits suddenly, surprisingly popped up. The ending makes me think, for some reason, there may be a sequel to this film coming out in the future? Unless there is one already that I'm unaware of? Anyway, I'd definitely watch the film, or recommend it to anyone out there who hasn't had the pleasure of watching the film.

And for all you 'Twi-hard's out there - if there are any on here! - Kristen Stewart features in it, even if it is only for a couple of seconds. :D

I watched the following with commentaries on - 'Stranger Than Fiction,' 'Sense & Sensabilities' (Emma Thompson version) and 'Juno.' I love having films on with commentary... I like not having to watch a film but listen to the ins and outs of it :D.

I have been itching to watch that again since I saw the entire cast on an Oprah special last week. :)

Did you know that in the boat scene where they all fall overboard, Julie Andrews was told to fall forward out of the boat so she could assist Greta, who couldn't swim, but she accidentally fell out backwards and had to swim very fast to get to Greta. laugh.gif I think in the movie though we see Liesl helping her out - I can't quite remember for sure though.

I didnt know that! I love finding out little facts like that about films! I might just have to watch it all again today, just to see that scene :P

I watched Father of the Bride yesterday!

I'm watching as many Christmas films on the TV as I can. I had a marathon yesterday with The Saunta Clause 1, Dr Dolittle, Shrek 1 and The Chronicles Of Narnia. Today I've seen Casper, The Santa Clause 2, Cars and now I'm preparing to watch The Chronicles Of Narnia, Prince Caspian. :)

I watched Inception last night. I had been hanging out to see it but I was so tired that I couldn't concentrate and ended up having no idea what happened and didn't understand it at all, so I will have to give it another go when I am in a better frame of mind.

Last night it was a double feature around here. :D

Donnie Darko Amazingly I really enjoyed it, didn't expect to I must confess.

The Matrix Super action, we have the second one on DVD around here, and will watch it soon, even though I understand it doesn't measure up to the first..

Also, we've finished up the 5th and last season of the TV show Alias. Good stuff.